Mick Fanning..

What a year for this bloke…not withstanding the Shark attack…on the day he fights for the World Surfing Title awakes to the news his older brother Peter had died overnight in his sleep…

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/more-sports/heartbreak-for-mick-fanning-following-death-of-brother/story-fni2frsp-1227655309288?utm_content=SocialFlow&utm_campaign=EditorialSF&utm_source=TelegraphSport&utm_medium=Facebook

Thoughts and prayers are with you mate…I hope you slay them …a deserving World Champion…

Man, Mick has had a tough trot . Correct me if I’m wrong …didn’t his other brother drown a year or so ago?

I don’t think so don, I think another of his brothers Sean died back in the late 1990’s. Very sad for the family.

You would have so metally strong at the top of that sport. So many mind games out there in the ocean, when it’s one on one ,in big surf. To have news like this delivered to you before you compete , would be one of the biggest hurdles to handle.

Australian of the Year once he win the title tonight. to have that much adversity in one year and come back to win a world title is something movie scripts tell.

Mick’s a Penrith boy.

Tough as a coffin nail, he’ll be right.

Yeah very sorry to hear this news. Good luck to Micko.

The cards didn’t quite fall Mick’s way this morning unfortunately but he is still an absolute champion in any sense of the word. True heart to take on the full power of the ocean and his own heavy burden. Thoughts go out to him and his family, especially his mum who has had a year that you wouldn’t wish on anyone. Much love to them. Inspirational effort from Mick.

I know Jason Day is at the top of most peoples lists for Australian sportsperson of the year but Mick would not look out of place with this honor either. To come so close to winning a world title after the events he has had to deal with say a lot about the guy.

Hopefully his family can pick up the pieces and help each other over the crissy break.

So much tragedy and sadness in his life. 😦 All the best to Mick, his mum and the rest of their family. Stay strong.

@Fade To Black:

The cards didn’t quite fall Mick’s way this morning unfortunately but he is still an absolute champion in any sense of the word. True heart to take on the full power of the ocean and his own heavy burden. Thoughts go out to him and his family, especially his mum who has had a year that you wouldn’t wish on anyone. Much love to them. Inspirational effort from Mick.

Well said FTB.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.