Taylor / Farah

• Heard on The radio today Taylor says sorry to Farah infront of all the players , I was thinking this is a major G up did any one else hear it , had his donkey manager on after it saying it’s all good we are past it now and Robbie will move on and looking forward to next season
    Can’t beleive this stuff

• Banned

@andrew 474:

Heard on The radio today Taylor says sorry to Farah infront of all the players , I was thinking this is a major G up did any one else hear it , had his donkey manager on after it saying it’s all good we are past it now and Robbie will move on and looking forward to next season
    Can’t beleive this stuff

Donkey manager you may call him but I betcha he will be a magnet for players in the future, he will have a full stable for sure.

• @andrew 474:

Heard on The radio today Taylor says sorry to Farah infront of all the players , I was thinking this is a major G up did any one else hear it , had his donkey manager on after it saying it’s all good we are past it now and Robbie will move on and looking forward to next season
    Can’t beleive this stuff

It happened

• Sounds about right… Wests Tigers have acted like its primary school, so makes sence.

• Yeah it was everywhere yesterday …surprised it wasnt posted earlier. Farah confirmed it.

Just shows who runs this tin-pot outfit

• Can’t make this rubbish up

• Banned

I wonder if Taylor realises how poorly he handled this situation. Anyway hopefully this can be put to bed and everyone can move on.

• Banned

Tell me, what would you think or feel if you were a player there and watched your coach crumble and apologise to a player in front of everyone?

For me that coach would have lost me.

Tick tick tick

And the fact Farah allowed it shows what a selfish grub he is and put himself well ahead of the team. A private chat was all that was needed.

• @king sirro:

Tell me, what would you think or feel if you were a player there and watched your coach crumble and apologise to a player in front of everyone?

For me that coach would have lost me.

Tick tick tick

And the fact Farah allowed it shows what a selfish grub he is and put himself well ahead of the team. A private chat was all that was needed.

X2
    Unbelievable! Congratulations Robbie.

• If this is true, JT should quit. It’s obvious no coach is ever going to be the one in charge, so why bother having one. I’m sure Robbie subscribes to Shane Warne’s belief that a coach is just a bus that gets you to the ground. Any coach, if he has any brains should think very carefully whether this place is worth it as long as this guy is here.

• JT’s a dead man walking now.

• ForumSupporter

Taylor’s apology to Robbie Farah ends feud
    THE AUSTRALIANDECEMBER 17, 2015 12:00AM
    SAVE
    PRINT
    Margie McDonald

An apology from Wests Tigers head coach Jason Taylor to former club captain Robbie Farah in front of the entire team was the act that ended a four-month feud between the pair.

Farah was yesterday named in a seven-player Tigers leadership group for next season. His management also intends for him to see out remaining two years of his contract, worth almost $2 million.

The club also issued a 17-paragraph statement, apologising to Tigers supporters for the saga that started in August when Taylor announced the club wanted Farah to move on or else be stuck playing reserve grade.

At 238 games Farah is the club’s longest-serving player and part of their maiden premiership team in 2005.

“We acknowledged that (damage to Tigers brand) today with a public apology,” Tigers chief executive Justin Pascoe said. “We truly and sincerely understand their frustrations and also the frustrations of corporate supporters.

“That was never our intention. Now we intend to win back our members, our fans, our business partners and establish a trust and a love for the club again.”

Pascoe would not comment on whether Taylor had apologised for his threat to drop the NSW hooker to reserves. But The Australian understands this took place last week in front of the club’s playing group.

With the exit of senior players Pat Richards and Keith Galloway to the English Super League, Farah was the only 30-something left at the club.

Taylor has since signed Manly hooker Matt Ballin, who at 31, is the same age as Farah as well as playing in the same position.

Last night, Farah confirmed Taylor had apologised.

“Yes he has,” Farah told The Australian. But that’s something that will remain between myself and the coach. In what form that apology came I won’t be commenting.”

Asked if he felt he could work with Taylor, Farah said: “I’ve always worked with the coach. This was something I did not bring. It was brought upon me.

“I’ve maintained my commitments to the club and that’s to train hard and play hard. I’ve always done that and will continue to do that.”

Pascoe said he felt both Taylor and Farah were “professional enough” to get on with their jobs.

“Jason has a contract as coach and Robbie has a contract as a player. You’d expect them to be professional enough to fulfil those contracts.”

If results don’t come the Tigers’ way in the first half of the 2016 season, Pascoe said Taylor’s contract, which runs until the end of 2017, was not in jeopardy.

The club finished equal last with Newcastle this year with only eight wins each from 24 matches.

“Jason Taylor is 100 per cent the coach for the 2016 season. No one coach can be judged on wins and losses alone and we’re not going to be judging him on that,” he said.

The leadership group will consist of Farah, Ballin, Dene Halatau, Chris Lawrence, Sauaso Sue, James Tedesco and Aaron Woods. Farah was the club’s captain before stepping down during the saga.

It’s not known who Taylor will select as skipper next season.

It has been suggested Farah, 31, would play one more year before moving to England.

However, Farah’s manager Sam Ayoub last night said Farah was determined to see out the two years left on his deal.

“This is about his existing contract and that runs for two years,” Ayoub said last night.

“As far as we’re concerned, the club is honouring that commitment to him and he’ll do the same to them.

“There is no mention or deal involving Super League. Nothing like that has been done,” Ayoub added. “It’s just a situation where everyone wants to move forward and put a poorly handled ordeal behind us.”

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/nrl/taylors-apology-to-robbie-farah-ends-feud/news-story/eee1e2fa96c3b9b00f59a66e32c512d2

• ForumSupporter

“Yes he has,” Farah told The Australian. But that’s something that will remain between myself and the coach. In what form that apology came I won’t be commenting.”

Wait What…I’m pretty sure that’s commenting…

• Christ almighty, the embarrassment rolls on for this club.

What a two-bob operation we are. Zero professionalism.

• Dead man walking. And another season wasted.

Recent Topics