Players you miss seeing in our colours

Ghee, i really miss seeing Blake Ayshford play for us and definitely Benji Marshall.

I’m assuming (hoping) that Ashford comment is sarcastic.

Tuiaki for me. I though he was the complete winger in his prime when he got injured.

Hodgo.
You don’t seriously miss Ayshford do you?

Gareth Ellis and Tuiaki

Well Blake was my favourite player when he was in form, i don’t miss the lazy Blake but i do miss the in form one.

Simon Dwyer is another one for me

i miss Benji Marshell and Beau Ryan.

Benji is retiring at year end so even he knows he lost it, we got his best years.
Blake should also retire because he is a shadow of his former self and never kicked on once moved on.
Ellis is definately the biggest loss for us in the prime of his career.
Dwyer is another. Ill never forget when he smashed JWH with a huge tackle and he lost the ball on our goal line yet we still manage to lose that one.

@matchball:

Benji is retiring at year end so even he knows he lost it, we got his best years.
Blake should also retire because he is a shadow of his former self and never kicked on once moved on.
Dwyer is another. Ill never forget when he smashed JWH with a huge tackle and he lost the ball on our goal line yet we still manage to lose that one.

I am pretty sure Benji said he will keep playing until he is 35, but i could be wrong.

I am keen to see how Blake goes in a star studded lineup and with decent halves, to his credit he was playing in a crap WT team and a crapper Sharks team.

@Milky:

@matchball:

I am pretty sure Benji said he will keep playing until he is 35, but i could be wrong.

I am keen to see how Blake goes in a star studded lineup and with decent halves, to his credit he was playing in a crap WT team and a crapper Sharks team.

Im just going off this article about Cooper Cronk and mentioned Benji retiring at the end of this year.
http://www.sportingnews.com/league-news/4689840-cooper-cronk-linked-to-dragons-st-george-illawarra-melbourne-storm-tara-rushton

Hodgo, Skando, Linc Withers & Senter…loved how Daz would get under others skin

Simon Dwyer.
He was ELITE level in the making.

Coulda been, woulda been & shoulda been.
He’d be spoken about the same way people speak about Boyd Cordner, Josh Jackson, etc.
NSW starter, Aus starter, top level super star.

It’s a damn shame what happened 'cos that guy was going place.

Geoff Daniela > Ayshford.

That guy was solid and never let us down.
Under-estimated, under-rated and under-used whilst with us and to a lesser extent the other teams he’s played for.

He’s very similar to Simona but not as developed as a footballer as Tim.
Can blame his coaches for that, he could’ve been a beast.

Tuiaiki and Dwyer are the big ones - both were taken away in their prime.
For all the good memories that Ellis, Marshall and co gave us, we also saw some pretty ordinary stuff from them (granted, Ellis was badly affected by injury that last year).

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.