Richard Coorey - get this guy a goer

Richard Coorey 2015 Rugby League Highlights
Highlights from 2015 Ron Massey Cup Season.

Impressive in attack, good leg drive and offload, hopefully his defense is as good.

Certainly is big enough with a good off-load. Only thing that is of concern was the number of times he was wearing a non starting prop jersey such as the number 17, 20 and 23 which is probably indicative of him not being considered good enough to be a starting prop in the Ron Massey Cup. Maybe a rough diamond.

Considering that he was not on full time his 2015 record is impressive. I think he is aged 20 or 21, reminds me of a young Beetson. A few times in video he is the first one stopping the big opposition guys. I just checked he is 187cm and 115 kilos can play prop, second row, lock, with good young knees would pick him up at bargain price. He seems to love the action and always on the ball but does not hog it. He had a good little guy running off him as well.

😆 never though I would see this.

We’re good friends with the Coorey family. Richard is an absolute unit of a human and a gun player.

Unfortunately his father is on the Bulldogs board and has a lot of pull at that club. Richard also bleeds blue and white, so if he is good enough to crack the NRL it won’t be anywhere but the Bulldogs.

@Tony33:

😆 never though I would see this.

We’re good friends with the Coorey family. Richard is an absolute unit of a human and a gun player.

Unfortunately his father is on the Bulldogs board and has a lot of pull at that club. Richard also bleeds blue and white, so if he is good enough to crack the NRL it won’t be anywhere but the Bulldogs.

Everyone is a relative of Benny - get Benny, Mitch and Robbie to work on him with a double guaranteed contract (joke)

I have been spewing about this for years. I’ve known his old man since I was kid. The young fella is a Balmain junior, is a life member of his junior club and got senior Balmain ditsrict player of the year when he was 16. I believe he was the best forward to come out of balmain at that time he was put into the SG Ball squad and I even went down to watch his pre season games. He was fantastic but after someone at the club who has sincve been sacked realised he was Arties son. they gave him the flick. Since then hes played for Lebanon at an international level and helped them qualify for the 2017 world cup. Canterbury picked him up for NSW Cup and he’s only 20. Penrith were after him as wellbut he is now at canterbury for a year. I wanted this kid to be a tiger more than anyone else. We need big young solid props. Someone has to get onto this for the next time hes off contract for GOds sake.

Richie Coorey is a monster, the reason he always wore reserve jerseys were because the starting jerseys were too small. He would play 60mins a week in the front row at Ron Massey level. Unbelievable offload! I coached him at a young age, a brutal competitor.

Sounds like the next Arthur Beetson or Glenn Lazarus

Better sign him up asap

Given that he is currently with the Dogs increases another clubs chances of snaring him next year given that the Dogs priority will be to retain Klemmer and any other of their NRL forwards coming off contract!!

@TopTiger:

Given that he is currently with the Dogs increases another clubs chances of snaring him next year given that the Dogs priority will be to retain Klemmer and any other of their NRL forwards coming off contract!!

Thats what I was thinking. They have some of the best forwards. Now is our chance to get him back. Surely we can get him for cheap and let him cause his damage up the middle. Ill never forget watching him. His ball skills are crazy for a front row forward.

From SMH September, 2012

NO FAVOURS FOR COOREY
Canterbury are known as the family club but when you carry that tag you can run the risk of being accused of nepotism. That’s why strapping prop Richard Coorey, whose father, Arthur, is a long-serving and well-respected Bulldogs board director, trialled with the Wests Tigers SG Ball team at Leichhardt yesterday. Arthur, who bleeds blue and white, said he never wanted it said his 17-year-old made the grade only because of family ties. Meanwhile, Cronulla recruit Beau Ryan also has a great link to the Dogs; his grandmother Gwen Crumpton was the long-serving secretary for the club’s legendary chief executive Peter Moore.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/peachey-backs-new-blues-coach-to-give-indigenous-talent-a-fair-go-20120922-26dp3.html

Did this kid have a serious injury or something? Why didn’t he make noise in NYC?

im going to drop in on his old man today or tomorrow at his shop in the city. Going to say hello and see where the young fella is at.

Let the doggies keep Klemmer with his price tag, we’ll have this dude .

@Downtotigertown83:

im going to drop in on his old man today or tomorrow at his shop in the city. Going to say hello and see where the young fella is at.

Good luck, just remind him his son will have far greater opportunities at the Tigers to play NRL than at the Dogs, just mention how players like Taupau have gone once leaving the Dogs!!

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.