The Recruits....an overview....

I have been busy and not able to post much over the last couple of months,however I have been checking out the new guys,in particular Parrahi,Hunt,Chee Kam and Littlejohn…
Although these guys seem to be depth purchases for our nrl squad,it would not surprise me to see them vying for a fg spot…
Parrahi…great one on one defender and could easily play lock…
Hunt…did well for the Drags and may well be the other winger replacing Pat,also great backup for Teddy…
Chee Kam…could play second row or centre competently and could be a dangerman…
Littlejohn…talented and plays a variety of positions,will have to prove himself strongly to be in the halves,another good backup…

In conclusion,I havent seen much of these guys,but,from all reports these are the types of players we need,we have LACKED depth at this club for far to long and I think JT deserves some credit for at least trying to recruit quality type players for us if injuries hit us severely…

Littlejohn is a flop.
Attitude problems on and off field.
Not a fan.

/won’t see first grade.

It’s all well and good buying all these new recruits who are fringe first grade players. They may surprise like Tapau who fitted into that category when first recruited.

What I don’t get is that we hear about how good the youngsters are at the Tigers. Why then is our top roster made up of almost 50% of potential FG players from other clubs?

looking forward to watching chee kam go around. he was on the bench for manly at the back end of 2015 and seemed to have some real ability, even if his run-on time was limited.
could be a good buy for the tigers

@TrueTiger:

I have been busy and not able to post much over the last couple of months,however I have been checking out the new guys,in particular Parrahi,Hunt,Chee Kam and Littlejohn…
Although these guys seem to be depth purchases for our nrl squad,it would not surprise me to see them vying for a fg spot…
Hunt…did well for the Drags and may well be the other winger replacing Pat,also great backup for Teddy…
Littlejohn…talented and plays a variety of positions,will have to prove himself strongly to be in the halves,another good backup…

In conclusion,I havent seen much of these guys,but,from all reports these are the types of players we need,we have LACKED depth at this club for far to long and I think JT deserves some credit for at least trying to recruit quality type players for us if injuries hit us severely…

Thanks for the update TT. Any news on Rankin & Addo-Carr?

I think Tiger Torch is the guy with the inside knowledge now this guy

@greatodensraven:

@TrueTiger:

Different TT bro

Tiger Torch vs True Tiger……no contest… awaiting Tiger Torch update!!!

I want to see Josh Addo-Carr have a crack at wing

@tigers05:

Tiger Torch vs True Tiger……no contest… awaiting Tiger Torch update!!!

Who said there was a contest tiger05…I thought we were aloud to give our opinion and results of some research that I had done…I have never said I have inside information,but obviously if someone does it impresses you very much…

yes it does impress me and no I never said you cant offer your opinion as I have offered mine. Good day to you!

@Milky:

@greatodensraven:

@TrueTiger:

Different TT bro

Ah fair enough

@dimitri:

It’s all well and good buying all these new recruits who are fringe first grade players. They may surprise like Tapau who fitted into that category when first recruited.

What I don’t get is that we hear about how good the youngsters are at the Tigers. Why then is our top roster made up of almost 50% of potential FG players from other clubs?

The club has been using this best juniors in the league to cover there short comings for years … there certainly has been a few but an overestimation of the talent is being shown for what it is. A lot of these new recruits are mature and had a good lot of footy ,whether they will
Make the grade is the question…but there defiantly has been a lot of thought put into the new recruitments and a very positive one.

I believe Edwards, Chee Kam, Grant will be terrific pick ups for the club. The outside backs added to the squad are also good signings, especially Rankin.
I’m not expecting too much from the Ipswich connection - there’s a reason they were playing Qld Cup. I hope they make an impact, but realistically, I think they’ll be good NSW Cup players for most of the season.
Overall, I believe it will be a stronger squad than last years. We need another good season as far as the injury Gods go, and if so, I reckon somewhere around 9th or 10th will be an acceptable improvement.
2017 is where we will have room under the cap to go for some higher quality recruits. So there is added incentive for those players whose contract ends this year - and there is a lot of them.
Mildly optimistic is how I would guage my expectations.

@Snake:

@dimitri:

The club has been using this best juniors in the league to cover there short comings for years … there certainly has been a few but an overestimation of the talent is being shown for what it is. A lot of these new recruits are mature and had a good lot of footy ,whether they will
Make the grade is the question…but there defiantly has been a lot of thought put into the new recruitments and a very positive one.

Totally agree snake on the thought put into recruitment this year…thats why I did some research on the ones I mentioned earlier…most of these new recruits could step in and have a real go in fg,eg Ballin,Grant,Chee Kam,Rankin etc…it seems we have a little more strength and character in our depth this year,with that comes confidence,it will be really good for some of the younger guys,Moses,Brooks etc…

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.