Keep the faith in your team....

I was asked by an old friend the other day if I still follow the Tigers now that they are having so much drama within the club…I said to him that I have been a Tigers supporter all my life,even to the point of having an interest in the AFL team Richmond Tigers… I told him we are in a unique situation where we are a team consisting a merger of two fantastic foundation clubs,Western Suburbs Magpies and Balmain Tigers,from the outset many,many people have said it won’t work,referring to the Northern Eagles debacle for one…In the end without going through history and recent drama,I told him that when you pick a team to support you stick with that club through thick and thin,no matter what pain and heartache we go through…We having been going through some pain in the last few seasons,however the good times will come again…am I excited waiting for the season 2016 to start…Hell yeah,new players,strong competition for spots,waiting to see how JT constructs his game plans and to see how Aaron Woods leads the team…what’s not to get excited about…if the team finishes 16th or 6th,I will still be a diehard Wests Tigers supporter and huge fan…I certainly hope many people have my enthusiasm …Tigers forever… 😃

I’m up for it again.

Would have preferred one more, but following the large number of personnel changes in the roster and another off season for the youngsters, I find myself looking forward to seeing the difference on the park.

Spoke top my WT fanatical mate up here and he is all primed to go to Sunshine Coast (hours away) for their first game and wants me to come along - so hopefully the saga has completed it’s circle and getting back to normality.

I honestly think we could have a good year. Our pack looked bad but adding Grant now makes it look okay.

Some players and coach have to make massive improvements but I think they have it in them.

Obviously we are all diehards otherwise we would have walked years ago.
I don’t see the point of this thread other than an attempt to earn rep points…we don’t need to be reminded who we are.

@stryker:

we don’t need to be reminded who we are.

With all the hysteria and threats to not renew membership at times on this forum, I think maybe we do.

@kodamapixel:

@stryker:

we don’t need to be reminded who we are.

With all the hysteria and threats to not renew membership at times on this forum, I think maybe we do.

Thats just frustration talking. At the end of the day we all stick solid. I mean who would choose to be a WT fan these days? Lol…I hate this club just as much as I love it. I’m sure most do, doesn’t change our loyalty though…

I don’t share your excitement or enthusiasm TT…. But while they exist I will follow, member or not

@stryker:

Thats just frustration talking.

I totally appreciate that. There have just been times over the past 6 months that it hasn’t been enjoyable to read a lot of what is posted in the forum. I’m not saying that it wasn’t without warrant - WT have been a debacle - but surely we get enough of it from the newspaper ‘journalists’.

While I don’t post a great deal, I’m regularly lurking here and it’s nice to see that the tone seems mostly to have changed in the past few weeks. I’m not naive enough to think we’re world beaters this year, but I’m hopeful that we’ll keep most of the drama on the park in 2016 and there’s plenty to be positive about.

Yep new year, new expectations, new attitude.
This is the best part of any season lol…

@stryker:

Can Tigers change their stripes? Can Magpies change their tune?

@Byron Bay Fan:

@stryker:

Yes Byron I am sure they can. I was a Newtown supporter for twenty years until they were sacked from first grade. I then put my full allegiance with Balmain which lasted until they join with Magpies to form Wests Tigers. My support for Wests Tigers is now just as stronger, if not stronger than the support I had following Newtown.

@Newtown:

@Byron Bay Fan:

@stryker:

Yes Byron I am sure they can. I was a Newtown supporter for twenty years until they were sacked from first grade. I then put my full allegiance with Balmain which lasted until they join with Magpies to form Wests Tigers. My support for Wests Tigers is now just as stronger, if not stronger than the support I had following Newtown.

So it was your team that hijacked Tommy from the Maggies! I just checked out and Tommy was born just a month after myself. After heartbreak of watching Maggies losing decade after decade I only half follow any team now. Tommy’s antics was the only excitement for us. At least they went down fighting.

@stryker:

Obviously we are all diehards otherwise we would have walked years ago.
I don’t see the point of this thread other than an attempt to earn rep points…we don’t need to be reminded who we are.

Some of us like to post a thread and get others opinions Stryker,my friend asked me if I still follow the Tigers after all the dramas,fair question and fair answer…if you dont want to participate in the thread other than belittle it,then dont view it …its that simple…as for rep points,you may be that shallow,however Iam not…

@Newtown:

@Byron Bay Fan:

@stryker:

Do you still follow/support Newtown… There is nothing wrong with having a couple of teams.

I still put my Easts Tigers before Wests Tigers, but that doesnt mean I’m any less a supporter.

RL needs support at all levels!

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.