No money for Moss

Well the best run club in the NRL has struck again …Tigers can not afford to pay Moss his money owed but have to give it to him in instalments .The players are upset he was SACKED in paper this morning .well as I posted late last season this is a club in crisis ,The new CEO has ok’d Farah to go off holidaying just before the season starts as you would never say NO to Farah as Robbie has always lead by example .We should not get excited about the CEO appointment no better than the rest IMO just another tearing the club apart !

Just when you think we have turned the corner and lifting our game we sink back to our old self. Who is going to apply for the super mangers job knowing if and when they get the flick they will have a battle on their hands getting any owed monies. Getting the playing roster offside is not the smartest thing in the world when so many are off contract soon. Anyway just another drama at camp concord, they could make a top ratings soapie about our club

@Snake:

Well the best run club in the NRL has struck again …Tigers can not afford to pay Moss his money owed but have to give it to him in instalments .The players are upset he was SACKED in paper this morning .well as I posted late last season this is a club in crisis ,The new CEO has ok’d Farah to go off holidaying just before the season starts as you would never say NO to Farah as Robbie has always lead by example .We should not get excited about the CEO appointment no better than the rest IMO just another tearing the club apart !

Any link to this Snake?

Why would the players give a stuff about a guy in the office getting the flick? I hardly think it’s something that would cause an uproar among the playing group.

I’ve said it soooo many times…do NOT read the telegraph

Geez I miss the days when all the talk about RL was focused mainly on the actual playing of the game and not all the front office/CEO/contracts/player manager garbage that dominates our great game these days. All that crap is so bloody boring it numbs the brain.
Professionalism kills sport IMO, takes away the fun and what the game is all about.
Bring back the 80’s.

@king sirro:

Why would the players give a stuff about a guy in the office getting the flick? I hardly think it’s something that would cause an uproar among the playing group.

Yep. The problem is that they just make stuff up.

@stevetiger:

@king sirro:

Yep. The problem is that they just make stuff up.

Not unless a particular unnamed Wests Tiger player, who the Daily Telegraph attributed a comment to, has an axe to grind against his own club.

@Fade To Black:

Geez I miss the days when all the talk about RL was focused mainly on the actual playing of the game and not all the front office/CEO/contracts/player manager garbage that dominates our great game these days. All that crap is so bloody boring it numbs the brain.
Professionalism kills sport IMO, takes away the fun and what the game is all about.
Bring back the 80’s.

I have to agree FTB,and I know that to play in the NRL the players have to be paid,so do all the people running the club,however when I played in Group 9 all the club admin were voluntary workers from selectors to the medical staff,our captain coaches were paid and some players in FG and reserves,most of us didn’t get paid for playing because the club had limited funds for a couple of years…we still turned up at training and games because we loved the club and game…we also did many fundraisers on days off to earn money for the club.Some games were a local derby Turvey Park v Kangaroos at Eric Weissel Oval,you would play in front of about 2000\3000 people who loved their local team and you could get injured like the paid players but end up with just a thank you for making up the team…that’s how rugby league was played in my day…Loyal to the club and game itself…I played for Turvey Park which is in Wagga Wagga for 7 years and it was the best time of my life,the people of the Riverina area are fantastic and I have many friends there although I finished playing in 86\87…

iam with you fade to black miss those days

Pascoe will either be the greatest thing since sliced bread or the biggest disaster since the Titanic

So CB, do you actually think that all the off-field front office/contracts BS that RL is centred around these days makes the game more enjoyable to follow? I doubt it.
Nothing we can do about it I know and it is just the way the game is these days but it is an element of modern day sport that not too many people give a rats about, it just fills headlines for the wallopers in the media that are too lazy to actually come up with an interesting story relating to the actual playing of the game.

Ok so time for a few facts:

• the majority of sports related payouts are done over time. Did Tim Grant get a payout from souths when he signed with us? No, it will be done in order with his contract with them

• journalists use ‘unnamed sources’ I.e made up all the time. A friend of mine works for triple m, when the ‘blackest day in Australian sport’ broke the Rush Hour had an interview with a ‘former NRL player’ who had his voice dubbed that said growth hormone use is common in the game. The ‘former player’ was one of the producers.

Don’t believe anything written in the DT, especially Slothfields column. They have an axe to grind with the club.

Doing a reno job and employing many tradesmen who are volunteer ex-footballers, they are all carrying injuries that hinder and hurt them. One cannot wear safety boots due to ankle injuries, another one’s knees are gone etc etc.

I liken the usual made up garbage from News publications, including the culturally and factually bankrupt Telegraph, to cockroach droppings. Unpleasant-to be immediately consigned to the trash can

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.