Richardson leaves NRL to return to Bunnies as General Manager

Another NRL Club General Manager.

Richardson leaves NRL to return to Bunnies
AAPJanuary 21, 2016, 4:18 pm

Shane Richardson will depart his post as head of game strategy and development at the NRL to return to South Sydney. Less than a year after resigning from the Rabbitohs to join the NRL, Richardson has confirmed he will shift back to the club in the newly created role of general manager.

“I really enjoyed the experience of working at NRL headquarters but this new role - and its direct involvement with the players and the game - is what I want to do next in life,” he said in a NRL statement. “I am looking forward to moving from a strategic role back to the coal face.”

In his short time with the NRL, Richardson was responsible for drafting the game’s elite pathway blueprint, which was released in December. While it was endorsed by the ARL Commission (ARLC), the move to shift the current NSW and QLD Cups to a Platinum League, which would potentially merge a number of NRL clubs at a second-tier level, was slammed by the NSW Rugby League. Richardson was forced to defend the move at the time.

Getting paid bucketfuls for crap ideas… Not a bad gig if you can get it…
What a waste of time and money now NRL appt was.
No more money from me for this BS game

I wonder if he got a start at Rusty’s digs. For that bonding session. That reminds me, the Dirty Reds Rugby had a bar Victoria Road once called Rusty’s . It was very ordinary. I’m sure Rusty’s digs is a whole lot better.

That moronus gigantus was exposed as the blundering sham he always was at Souffs.

It would be akin to Mal Meninga coaching any team without Michael Hagan right behind him.
He reminded me of Chris Farley in Tommy Boy - except without the comeuppance at the end.

@underdog:

That moronus gigantus was exposed as the blundering sham he always was at Souffs.

It would be akin to Mal Meninga coaching any team without Michael Hagan right behind him.
He reminded me of Chris Farley in Tommy Boy - except without the comeuppance at the end.

Absolutely UD 😆
The sloth got exposed as a BS -artist at the Rabbits during the whole Sutton/Luke Burgess joke saying he had never heard about the incident. Then he goes and bludges for a year or so at the NRL headquarters with Greenberg, Smith and the rest of those shonky flogs that ‘run’ the game.

@innsaneink:

Hopefully the Platinum League doesn’t eventuate now.
Hated that idea.

Got Sum Burgess over the line too.

Maybe Shaney Boy was after Smith’s old gig as NRL CEO and got the word this was NOT going to happen! No loss to the NRL anyway.

Funny feeling we may be heading into another super league war. Unless Grant steps down.

What do you think….Boonboon2?

Guy is a very expensive fool - what a stupid idea he came up with.

Glad he is back with “the pride of the league” LOL - keep all my dislikes together.

@innsaneink:

What would you do Ink, if you had that job?
PS.im not taking the p!ss or dissing you…just genuinely interested. I agree with your thoughts on the App.

@Tigerdon:

@innsaneink:

What would you do Ink, if you had that job?
PS.im not taking the p!ss or dissing you…just genuinely interested. I agree with your thoughts on the App.

I dunno mate….I do know though we are losing too many players that arent picked up by NYC squads at 17,18 etc…theres really nowhere for them to go and they feel like theyve missed the boat, many may develop at a later age than those picked up at a younger age…going back to the old u/23s format would possibly help this…
They allow the TV product to dictate how their development pathways are run, which is wrong

Under 23s…awesome then, would be awesome now. Rushing kids early aint the answer.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.