Injury Report: 2016 Season Update...

Injury Report: 2016 Season Update

Dan Talintyre (Twitter: @dantalintyre)

Fri 22nd January, 03:30PM
A A
Wests Tigers Physiotherapist Peter Moussa provides the latest injury news and scheduled returns for a number of players ahead of the 2016 season.

See what he had to say about new recruits Joel Edwards and Matt Ballin, as well as regular first-graders Dene Halatau, Aaron Woods and James Tedesco, in the video above.

2016 Memberships are on sale! Click here to sign up and show your support this year!
Injury Report: 2016 Season Update

Joel Edwards (hamstring) — 6-8 weeks

Dene Halatau (knee) — Trial match against Cronulla

Matt Ballin (knee) — Round 6/7

Bayley Sironen (foot) — Trial match against Cronulla

Josh Aloiai (hip) — Returned to full training

Dallas Graham (shoulder) — Returned to full training

http://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2016/01/22/injury_report_2016_s.html

:brick: :brick: Crikey…not a ball kicked in anger and we’ve got some long term injuries…

Shame about Edwards was looking forward to seeing him in action…Opens the door for the likes of Cassel in the 9’s…

Was Edwards pre-existing or did he just do it? I saw him putting on hits in the videos, I can only assume it’s a training incident?

Ballin round 6-7 quite an astute buy there!

@Geo.:

Matt Ballin (knee) — Round 6/7

What a signing.

Great signing, he should be fit when Robbie go’s into SOO camp, we will need him then.

@sheer64:

Ballin round 6-7 quite an astute buy there!

I think that at the time they bought Ballin they expected Robbie to be placed elsewhere but we all know how that panned out. I don’t know the details of the contract but I think Manly is paying a substantial amount so at the time it wasn’t such a bad idea really. We also don’t know exactly what the coach had in mind for Cherrington at that particular time, might’ve had thoughts of playing him and Halatau in the early rounds had Ballin not been fit, as is the case anyway. Cherrington might still feature in the early rounds depending on the team picked.

If Ballin is unfit for that long maybe it is just as well that Robbie dug his heels in.

@Byron Bay Fan:

If Ballin is unfit for that long maybe it is just as well that Robbie dug his heels in.

Ballin will become a very handy buy come SOO time.

@Newtown:

@Byron Bay Fan:

Ballin will become a very handy buy come SOO time.

It’d be just our luck if they both get called up for origin!
😆

@Geo.:

:brick: :brick: Crikey…not a ball kicked in anger and we’ve got some long term injuries…

Shame about Edwards was looking forward to seeing him in action…Opens the door for the likes of Cassel in the 9’s…

They have been getting stuck into each other at training - moreso than last year I reckon.

Was that Aloai or Graham in the video? Whoever it is was huge

In my most amateur opinion I thought they were going at it much too hard in training. Also I hope Robbie does not get the nod so the team can focused on track.

edwards 6-8 weeks for a hamstring, he must has tore it off the bone.

That puts Edwards out of contention for at least the first few rounds. Even if fit by round one he will be way down on match fitness.If they get off to a good start he may have his work cut out breaking into the top grade…but we are talking Weststigers

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.