Wests Tigers 2016...The winning formula..

Well fellow forumers,we have had many discussions regarding our thoughts on 2016,from the new recruits and their worth through to the assessment of our chances by RLW…I have concluded that although there is much speculation about how the team and club perform this season that this season falls squarely on JTs shoulders,forget the Farah debacle,forget the financial side of things and forget who we have lost this year player wise…Jason Taylor has control of this playing group and he has selected many of the new players,he now has to piece together a team that will play consistent football with his game plans and structures,he would of learnt from last year what works and what doesn’t.They have had a reasonably good preseason by all reports and if Taylor is to be considered an NRL coach he has to get this team to the eight or very close to it in order to show us that we can have a competent,competitive team to take us into the future,a future full of success not failures.The admin must also show us that we can be confident that they will lead us into a positive financial and business smart direction…It all starts this year,the ball is in their court,we can go from being the laughing stock of rugby league to the envy of rugby league,it depends on how well this whole club can be turned the around
with positive business and winning results… 😃

Winning formula , I thought we might need some baby formula

@happy tiger:

Sorry happy its all been shipped to China.

@sheer64:

@happy tiger:

Sorry happy its all been shipped to China.

I know a guy, who knows a guy, who spoke to a guy that can get you some?

,he would of learnt from last year what works and what doesn’t

Im not so sure he learnt what works…
We know what doesn’t though

Play as a team, not individuals. Believe in each other.
Make that tackle, don’t rely on others to do it.
Run straight and hard.
Make the opponents be wary/ scared of you, not treat your team as a joke/easy beat when pressured.

Any coach is only good as the cattle he has at his disposal, okay there have been the odd coach who has done wonders with a average side, but few and far between.

Anyway there are plenty of people getting very excited about some of our new recruits, the cold hard truth most of them would never see a first grade dressing room at any other franchise. Don’t get me wrong Taylor recruited well with the loose change he had at his disposal, but line our roster up against most other teams and my 2016 optimism wanes.

If Taylor can get us anywhere near the eight, he would have over achieved big time

@innsaneink:

,he would of learnt from last year what works and what doesn’t

Im not so sure he learnt what works…
We know what doesn’t though

Tend to share this concern tbh. Very interested to see how we start in the first few rounds - both in style and substance (i.e. results).

@Geo.:

Give it to TEDESCO…

Again and again and again. If they did that, we’d be Grand Finalists for sure 😆

@Tigermama:

@Geo.:

Give it to TEDESCO…

Very good mama,however Teddy cant win the game on his own,the whole team has to aim up and show that they can at least give it to Teddy when they need to,not just hope that he can do the job when they are in strife…as much as I agree with you and Geo,it is a team effort,they will all have to show us their worth…and that includes JT….

@Geo.:

Give it to TEDESCO…

One of the better strategies :slight_smile:, we successfully implemented ‘give it to Benji’ from 2004 to 2011.

@TrueTiger:

@Tigermama:

@Geo.:

Give it to TEDESCO…

Very good mama,however Teddy cant win the game on his own,the whole team has to aim up and show that they can at least give it to Teddy when they need to,not just hope that he can do the job when they are in strife…as much as I agree with you and Geo,it is a team effort,they will all have to show us their worth…and that includes JT….

I agree TT… Just having a bit of fun with Geo’s post. Wasn’t meant to be taken seriously 😉

@Tigermama:

@TrueTiger:

@Tigermama:

@Geo.:

Give it to TEDESCO…

I agree TT… Just having a bit of fun with Geo’s post. Wasn’t meant to be taken seriously 😉

Completely understand mama,we all like to have a laugh and joke,but for our team and coach, this year will make them or break them,we have had too many overhyped and overated people in this club for far to long…I can smile with you and Geo because I seen the humour in the post,however there are to many Tigers fans that dont seem to have a sense of humour these days,and who can blame them after everything that has gone on,including some very ordinary performances last season… :slight_smile:

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.