Wingers and bench

Who will be the wingers for the tigers. I reckon the wingers will be Hunt and nofoluma but I also want Addo-Carr to have a crack. Apparently Taylor hinted that josh Aloiai will start on the bench in round 1 can anyone clarify that for me. I an also interested on who you reckon may be on the bench come round 1.

There a 2 and 4 on a bench…

nofa
hunt

sue
cherry
lovett/edwards
ava

That’s a good a suggestion as any. We will know more from the trials but I’d also like to see Addo-Carr given a go, I’d like to see this bloke in some open space, he’ll take plenty of catching.

At yesterdays meeting I asked Taylor who would be first choice goal kicker. He doesn’t want Moses kicking because of leg problems and his already heavy general kicking load. He said both Hunt and Rankin were the best goal kickers in the club and that at this stage he expects Jordan to play wing.

@getagrip:

At yesterdays meeting I asked Taylor who would be first choice goal kicker. He doesn’t want Moses kicking because of leg problems and his already heavy general kicking load. He said both Hunt and Rankin were the best goal kickers in the club and that at this stage he expects Jordan to play wing.

Jordan RANKIN to play wing?
or JUSTIN Hunt to play wing?

Losing Edwards is a massive blow to our prop/lock rotation. For the season start I imagine it will be Sue, Ava & Cherrington or a back. I’m interested to see if anyone trials well enough to push Lovett out of the last spot.

Rankin on the wing would be a big surprise.
I haven’t really been impressed with what I’ve seen from Hunt over the last couple of years tbh, so hopefully JAC gets the nod (or JH proves me wrong).

I had Edwards @13. Now he is injured, I’d bring Sue off the bench into the starting 13 role. With Woods and Grant starting up front. Bench; Ava, Griffin , Halatau, Cheerington. Unfortunately Chee Kam will miss out for round One. I think (with the new rules) you need some spark off the bench and that’s were Cherrington fits in.
Edwards is experienced and can play up front. Now he’s injured you need someone to fill the prop rotation role. That’s why I’ve gone with Giffin. Halatau is there for experience.
……Not sure about wing yet.

@Tigerdon:

I had Edwards @13. Now he is injured, I’d bring Sue off the bench into the starting 13 role. With Woods and Grant starting up front. Bench; Ava, Griffin , Halatau, Cheerington. Unfortunately Chee Kam will miss out for round One. I think (with the new rules) you need some spark off the bench and that’s were Cherrington fits in.
Edwards is experienced and can play up front. Now he’s injured you need someone to fill the prop rotation role. That’s why I’ve gone with Giffin. Halatau is there for experience.

Halatau is suspended for Rd 1…is also injured atm with a knee…hopeful to be back for the Cronulla trial but may be worse than 1st thought…

Nofoaluma and Naiqama with Rankin in the centres for me…Grant Cherrington Chee Kam and Griffin on the bench Rd 1…

@Demps:

@getagrip:

Jordan RANKIN to play wing?
or JUSTIN Hunt to play wing?

Yeah this has me interested too??

In think wing is one of the real key positions on the field,I like seeing wingers play on the wing, Rankin,centre,six,seven or bench Iam okay with,not convinced he is a winger. Although the people picking the team know a lot more than me

@Geo.:

@Tigerdon:

Halatau is suspended for Rd 1…is also injured atm with a knee…hopeful to be back for the Cronulla trial but may be worse than 1st thought…

Nofoaluma and Naiqama with Rankin in the centres for me…Grant Cherrington Chee Kam and Griffin on the bench Rd 1…

Win this bench I’m I assuming you would have Woods and Ava up front and Sue at 13?

@getagrip:

Interesting. I saw rankin training on the wing in a video posted on Twitter but didn’t read a lot into it.

Didn’t know Hunt was a goal kicker however I’ve seen rankin kick and he is very good.

I don’t wanted to read to much into one training session (in the pre-season) with Rankin playing wing. However if the JT is genuinely concerned about Moses legs and wants to fit Rankin in for Goal kicking…it could be a case of switching with Kev during games. I don’t know how good Rankin is in the air? Maybe this is the sort of thing they are looking at in the pre-season. That, along with how much speed and timing he has. And how does he go at centre. These sort of options that you need to do some testing with.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.