Tyler Cassel

I reckon Tyler Cassel has the best chance of making his FG debut this year (judging by what the coaches have said about him). What do you guys think?

Depends how many get injured - no injuries, no chance imo

If attitude and commitment to training is anything to go by he is a shot at making the bench…given the injuries to Edwards Halatau and Balin there will be spots available…

No one predicted Lovett would get much of a run last year …he played nearly every game…

Defence is his forte has a great technique not only with the way he hits but his mopping up as well…something we really need…I think he will definitely play in the 9’s …hopefully trial form will count when it comes to FG selection…

I’m a fan…

@Geo.:

If attitude and commitment to training is anything to go by he is a shot at making the bench…given the injuries to Edwards Halatau and Balin there will be spots available…

No one predicted Lovett would get much of a run last year …he played nearly every game…

Defence is his forte has a great technique not only with the way he hits but his mopping up as well…something we really need…I think he will definitely play in the 9’s …hopefully trial form will count when it comes to FG selection…

I’m a fan…

I agree

@Geo.:

I’m a fan…

I think he definately has a future, but as with Lovett last year, he may be a bit small to be a fully effective 1st grader. The changes to the interchange rules this year may mean that more mobile backrowers are more common, but only time will tell.

I think Tyler Cassel will be in the same boat as Lovett. Awesome trainers and give 100 % but just a rung under first grade standard.

Probably be let go soon too

I think Cassel has a bit more game than Lovett.

Runs a good angle and really stings in defense.

Lovett is more solid but less explosive.

Cassel does need to put some meat on his bones though!

IM suprised he is 94kg.

Looked smaller than that.

Get him to 100 and he would be ready to go go gooooo!

I agree with that ghost as of now i dont think Cassel is ready but get him up around the 100kg mark , which will come in time then we could have one to watch. Already good in defence just needs that bit more size and power to compete with the big boys.

I would like to see what he can do defensively in FG. Attackwise though, I fear he’ll be creamed.

Hope he develops as we need another tackling machine like Liam Fulton who was also underweight.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.