Fan day

I was hoping to go on Saturday but things didn’t align, so just wondering if any fellow forumers went along and what it was like?

It was a good day. Plenty of players there & all were more than happy to have a chat, sign autographs & take pics (including JT). Also got to check out the tunnel, change rooms & press room at ANZ which was pretty cool.

The playing group seemed pretty happy especially when the 9s squad was announced. Also JT mentioned that he was very happy with the teams preparation over the off-season & that they are ready for the season to begin. I was happy to hear this given that last pre-season he mentioned he would’ve liked another couple of months to get the boys prepared.

Hopefully we’ll have a strong season ahead. Go Tigers!!

@greatodensraven:

It was a good day. Plenty of players there & all were more than happy to have a chat, sign autographs & take pics (including JT). Also got to check out the tunnel, change rooms & press room at ANZ which was pretty cool.

The playing group seemed pretty happy especially when the 9s squad was announced. Also JT mentioned that he was very happy with the teams preparation over the off-season & that they are ready for the season to begin. I was happy to hear this given that last pre-season he mentioned he would’ve liked another couple of months to get the boys prepared.

The 9s announcement thing showed me 2 things.

1. We have a close-knit group
  2. All the stuff about players not liking Farah is rubbish.

@Sabre:

@greatodensraven:

On that last point, something occurred to me over the weekend… remember when the papers were constantly full of stuff about how Farah and Marshall hated each other, wouldn’t play together and so on? Yet they seem to spend plenty of time hanging out together nowadays if social media is anything to go by.

Hmm. It almost seems that the media is full of crap, and that half the time they’re banking on the fact that by the time something is proved to be demonstrably untrue everyone will have moved on to the next shiny bauble of scandal. Surely not.

Had a great time with the family even got my mug on the fan video, Matty Ballin was a really nice block and JT was relaxed and chattie.

@2041:

@Sabre:

@greatodensraven:

On that last point, something occurred to me over the weekend… remember when the papers were constantly full of stuff about how Farah and Marshall hated each other, wouldn’t play together and so on? Yet they seem to spend plenty of time hanging out together nowadays if social media is anything to go by.

Hmm. It almost seems that the media is full of crap, and that half the time they’re banking on the fact that by the time something is proved to be demonstrably untrue everyone will have moved on to the next shiny bauble of scandal. Surely not.

Not only that but when the Farah to Dragons rumours were around last year Nine and the Telegraph were headlining it with ‘Farah to join best mate Benji at Dragons’…whatever suits their agenda to push stories I guess. No matter who they have to print lies and speculation about in the process.

Joel Edwards is a ginger, didn’t like the sun too much. Look for him to do well in night games. Addo-Carr looks an athlete and Chee-Kam said he’s done a bit of training at centre but has spent most of his career at 2nd row and thinks that’s where he’ll be. He’s a nice bloke too. Matty Ballin was great, real good fella to meet. Mania Cherrington said he was loving just being in the NRL squad. Nathan Milone is as happy as and Justin Hunt seems to be a bit of a fun bloke, the boys really gave him a cheer when he was announced for the nines. JT got a lukewarm reception again when announced at the Nines team presentation, seems he’s on a hiding to nothing with many of our great fans one of whom I met later on (didn’t want anything to do with JT, blah, blah, blah.)

I thought it was an excellent day. Easily the most professional fan day the tigers have put on, apart from a player swearing in front of my daughter. The players were great especially Lawrance and Halatau who went out of their way to make me 2 and a half year old smile and giggle. JT was very willing to talk and answer questions honestly giving his opinion on a number of issues.

Thanks to all respondents for your replies.

A common theme on many threads has been a dislike of Ballin, Taylor and/or Farah, with one apparently copping it again at the fan day and another drawing praise. It needs to stop and for my part I will bite my lip and support Farah again, just like last year despite having already wanted him gone in 2014.

It is time for others to bury the hatchets (and not in their backs), get behind the club from board to coach and of course the playing squad. Ballin more than most should be supported as he is an innocent party in the latest WT circus act.

@formerguest:

Thanks to all respondents for your replies.

A common theme on many threads has been a dislike of Ballin, Taylor and/or Farah, with one apparently copping it again at the fan day and another drawing praise. It needs to stop and for my part I will bite my lip and support Farah again, just like last year despite having already wanted him gone in 2014.

It is time for others to bury the hatchets (and not in their backs), get behind the club from board to coach and of course the playing squad. Ballin more than most should be supported as he is an innocent party in the latest WT circus act.

Could not agree more. Bring on the season proper & hopefully everyone is pulling in the same direction rather than looking for a scapegoat at the first sign of trouble.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.