Liam Fulton - how is he

• Hi, as we all witnessed, Liam retired early from footy due to head knocks.
    Does anyone have any up to date info on how he is going?
    This is just a genuine inquiry about his health that’s all.

• saw liam at a local stockies recently and he looked ok. still looks pretty fit and healthy

• I swear I saw him at the Woodford Folk Festival with a smile printed on his face the size of the grand canyon.

• Went to a Melbourne brain clinic late last year with Nigel Plum to have brain scans(paid for by NRL)…not sure what Liam’s results were but Plum has not suffered any brain damage due to concussion…

• I hope he is well , one of my all time favourite WT’s players

• ForumSupporter

Here you go westTAHger,the man himself….

FULTON APPLAUDS FENECH’S OPENNESS ON CONCUSSION

Written by GREG PRICHARD,
    February 8, 2016

FORMER Wests Tigers forward Liam Fulton, who was forced to retire towards the end of the 2014 season due to the effects of repeated concussions, has applauded 1980s and ’90s star Mario Fenech for being prepared to speak publicly about his ongoing battle with the effects of brain damage.

Fulton said it was important that Fenech spoke for the sake of concussion awareness. He also said Newcastle winger James McManus had done the right thing by sitting out this season due to repeated concussions rather than try to play on.

“James has played Origin, so for him to sit out a year is pretty drastic,” Fulton says. “He must have suffered a bit, so I hope he’s OK. Mario’s a legend of the game and when he speaks on this subject, people are going to listen.

“It’s important for the sake of awareness of concussion in footy that people who have high profiles are prepared to talk about their situations and make the right decisions according to their welfare.”

Fulton says he is establishing a new career in the wake of his forced retirement from football.

“I’ve started up a mortgage broking business,” he says. “I’m doing a fair few of the Tigers players and other footy players as well. I enjoy it, I find it really interesting.

“I started last August. I was tossing up between this and being a private investigator, but apparently being a PI can be a bit boring at the start because a lot of the stuff you do are fraud jobs.

“I’ve always had an interest in real estate. I wanted to be my own boss and run my own hours, spend more time with the family, and this sort of work allows me to do that. I’m still learning, but I’ve got a mentor and it’s going well.

“Look me up – you can find me at www.fultonfinancial.com.au.”

Fulton says his memory is “back on track” and that while he still occasionally suffered from headaches they were manageable. He says he remains optimistic the headaches will disappear eventually.

http://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/fulton-applauds-fenechs-openness-on-concussion/

• maybe we can hire liam to investigate all the lost forum members who haven’t posted for a while.

on another note, it’s quite disturbing that he still has headaches. Hope they cease eventually.

• @tig_prmz:

maybe we can hire liam to investigate all the lost forum members who haven’t posted for a while.

on another note, it’s quite disturbing that he still has headaches. Hope they cease eventually.

When I read your first line I though your were angling for a “hire him to either:-”

A) Go down the missing money from the salary cap angle
    B) Down the ‘help the Balmain Tigers with their money woes’ angle, or
    C) Any combination of the 2

Got me with the old ‘find missing forum members’ route of which I am generally guilty of in the preseason.

• @Geo.:

Here you go westTAHger,the man himself….

FULTON APPLAUDS FENECH’S OPENNESS ON CONCUSSION

Written by GREG PRICHARD,
    February 8, 2016

FORMER Wests Tigers forward Liam Fulton, who was forced to retire towards the end of the 2014 season due to the effects of repeated concussions, has applauded 1980s and ’90s star Mario Fenech for being prepared to speak publicly about his ongoing battle with the effects of brain damage.

Fulton said it was important that Fenech spoke for the sake of concussion awareness. He also said Newcastle winger James McManus had done the right thing by sitting out this season due to repeated concussions rather than try to play on.

“James has played Origin, so for him to sit out a year is pretty drastic,” Fulton says. “He must have suffered a bit, so I hope he’s OK. Mario’s a legend of the game and when he speaks on this subject, people are going to listen.

“It’s important for the sake of awareness of concussion in footy that people who have high profiles are prepared to talk about their situations and make the right decisions according to their welfare.”

Fulton says he is establishing a new career in the wake of his forced retirement from football.

“I’ve started up a mortgage broking business,” he says. “I’m doing a fair few of the Tigers players and other footy players as well. I enjoy it, I find it really interesting.

“I started last August. I was tossing up between this and being a private investigator, but apparently being a PI can be a bit boring at the start because a lot of the stuff you do are fraud jobs.

“I’ve always had an interest in real estate. I wanted to be my own boss and run my own hours, spend more time with the family, and this sort of work allows me to do that. I’m still learning, but I’ve got a mentor and it’s going well.

“Look me up – you can find me at http://www.fultonfinancial.com.au.”

Fulton says his memory is “back on track” and that while he still occasionally suffered from headaches they were manageable. He says he remains optimistic the headaches will disappear eventually.

http://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/fulton-applauds-fenechs-openness-on-concussion/

I’m he went down the Mortgage Broker route rather than the PI one. He’d make a crap PI in my opinion. Way too recognisable. If he was investigating you, it would be like “hey Liam, what are you doing in that white van outside my house all the time? Btw, You must be a slow reader, as you have had that newspaper in your hand all day”.

• I thought Fulton was in business with Gibbs in concrete. Wouldn’t be much work with the two jokers.

One of my favourite players and hope his headaches go away.

Great defender and if he had another 10 to 20 kgs on his frame he would have played Origin and for Australia.

Great to hear a former player doing well after NRL.

• I reckon you’d sit down with Fulton, he’d give you one of those cheeky grins of his, and you’d struggle to take seriously another word coming out of his mouth.

How can a guy like that talk mortgages with a straight face?

• I reckon many ex players would try and prank call him

I’ve heard he pranked called my radio shows and team mates

• I would never have imagined Fulton taking that career path. It sounds so boring. 😮

• The Mole reports that his best buddy Gibbs, is to once more lace up the boots to play for Wests in Woolongong. Bret Kimmorley is the coach there and apparently has persuaded Bryce to join them. I’ve always liked Gibbs. A lovable rough-nut that he is. :slight_smile:

• @happy tiger:

I reckon many ex players would try and prank call him

I’ve heard he pranked called my radio shows and team mates

He use to regularly ring Stan Zemanak on night time talk back and stir him up. After a while Stan got on to him and it became a bit of a fun banter.

Recent Topics