Parramatta Cap Investigation..

• Players need to be released to stay under the cap. Hope Pascoe and JT are paying attention.

• @Spartan117:

12 points for underhanded and systemic cheating is VERY LOW.

Not good enough NRL

Absolutely, either they cheated or they didn’t. You’d think after so many other offences, they’d make a point of staying squeaky clean. Only the teams they’ve beaten are truly affected with this decision.

• Million dollar fine for Parra is like being flogged with a wet lettuce, they’ve got plenty of cash.

12 points would rub them out for the year, feel sorry for the fans and team this year if they are cap compliant. Go out, bust your arse and essentially play for nothing because the club were underhanded.

• @GNR4LIFE:

Players need to be released to stay under the cap. Hope Pascoe and JT are paying attention.

I thought I read somewhere their cap is fine for 2016 now, the damage was done in 2015

• Probably speculative journalism at play again.

• @supercoach:

@GNR4LIFE:

Players need to be released to stay under the cap. Hope Pascoe and JT are paying attention.

I thought I read somewhere their cap is fine for 2016 now, the damage was done in 2015

They have to shed $570,00 worth of players before they can earn a point.

• This could be our chance to get another forward.

• @Geo.:

Today is apparently D-Day for Parra to learn their fate….

If the NRL are serious they MUST…Strip them of their SPOONS…

😆 Too funny Geo. Parramatta are repeat offenders so I hope and 🙏 they lose comp points and not just receive a fine with a slap on the wrist to go with it.
    A large fine for a rich club like Parra is not a problem. The NRL must hit them where it hurts and thats taking away points.

• Banned

If they take away 12 points, the eels can still make the 8 which is an absolute disgrace, no doubt the NRL is doing this to entice the fans to still go out and support the team.

8th place Panthers are on 8 points and while it’s 4 games it’s going to be tough for the eels, basically having to win 13 from 15

The NRL is run by clueless dimwits

• Banned

Punishment is public. They are to lose all their points they’ve accumulated this season, and will not be able to earn any more this year until they have taken the steps necessary to get their side under the 2016 cap.

• No sympathy from me on this issue. Parramatta have been warned many times by the NRL, have been told many times by the NRL to come clean and they still ignored them and continued on as BAU.

Sorry Parra you get what you deserve - it could have been worse imo.

• Banned

Eels currently $570k over the cap, which they must shed before they can earn points this season.

• @LARDS:

@supercoach:

@GNR4LIFE:

They have to shed $570,00 worth of players before they can earn a point.

Actually I’ve phrased that wrong.
    They are $570,000 over the cap.
    To get under the cap they will have to shed something like $1,000,000 worth of players and replace them with $430,000 worth of players as they will still need to have their 25 players.

• Hahaha What great news to start the day with. 😆
    12 Comp points and a 1,000,000 fine.
    Personally I prefer to see them play for no points at all this season. :roll

• Banned

I’m sure the eels will shed players by two weeks time

NRL is rewarding them by giving them hope

NRL just made a figure and went off that, I’m sure if the eels were on 4 points, 4 would have been deducted only, so why not grow a set of balls and say -20

Recent Topics