Parramatta Cap Investigation..

• What I disagree with is this fact

The people getting punished in all of this are the 9 clubs that have played Parra already

The punishment should of happened at the start of the 2017 season

• Banned

@Tigertigertiger:

I’m sure the eels will shed players by two weeks time

NRL is rewarding them by giving them hope

NRL just made a figure and went off that, I’m sure if the eels were on 4 points, 4 would have been deducted only, so why not grow a set of balls and say -20

It’s an odd look trying to explain why one team is on -8 points LMAO

@happy tiger that’s so true. Anyone who has lost to Parra have done so unfairly.

• How many weeks before Eels overtake us on the ladder?

• We should be looking at them for a couple of players for this year or ongoing.

For 2016 we should be trying to get Michael Gordon across for the rest of the year.

Teddy is injured, Rankin isn’t really a winger and Gordon has what we need

• Winger/ Fullback
    • Top class goal kicker
    • Experience
    • Dependable
    • Top class human being

Also if we can get a prop

Now I don’t know what our cap is like but we just signed a backrower so that will fill some but we have lots off contract next year so filling a cap for a few months might leave us with some space

• @jirskyr:

How many weeks before Eels overtake us on the ladder?

around 5 games?

• @wd in perth:

@jirskyr:

How many weeks before Eels overtake us on the ladder?

around 5 games?

Maybe less based on for and against 😢 .

• Banned

Anyone who tries to compare this to Bulldogs of 02 or Storm of 10, it’s apples and oranges.

Bulldogs were like…2m over the cap. People went to jail their crime was so severe.
    Storm cheated the cap for like 7-8 years. A second set of books is an absolutely malicious crime.

• I don’t think they will lose many in the scheme of things. Probably Watmough who hasn’t played this anyway, and Junior Paulo will probably go to the Raiders early. They released Ryan Morgan to the Storm last week too.

• @Boonboon2:

We should be looking at them for a couple of players for this year or ongoing.

For 2016 we should be trying to get Michael Gordon across for the rest of the year.

Teddy is injured, Rankin isn’t really a winger and Gordon has what we need

• Winger/ Fullback
    • Top class goal kicker
    • Experience
    • Dependable
    • Top class human being

Also if we can get a prop

Now I don’t know what our cap is like but we just signed a backrower so that will fill some but we have lots off contract next year so filling a cap for a few months might leave us with some space

Will Gordon come here to sit on the wing? He only ever wants to play at the back. Certainly agree he’s a dependable player and will offer more than Rankin on the wing (who IMO hasn’t played badly there for someone who isn’t a winger.)

• @LARDS:

@supercoach:

@GNR4LIFE:

Players need to be released to stay under the cap. Hope Pascoe and JT are paying attention.

I thought I read somewhere their cap is fine for 2016 now, the damage was done in 2015

They have to shed $570,00 worth of players before they can earn a point.

Yeh just read that, looks like the cattle sales will be on a Parra soon

• Not sure if they’ll be earning points anytime soon… Would take a long time to reorganise playing contracts etc. Could be a couple of months before they start earning points again.

• And the Eels have been stripped of their 2016 Auckland 9s trophy……

• @WestsSupporter:

Anyone who tries to compare this to Bulldogs of 02 or Storm of 10, it’s apples and oranges.

Bulldogs were like…2m over the cap. People went to jail their crime was so severe.
    Storm cheated the cap for like 7-8 years. A second set of books is an absolutely malicious crime.

Yep I am inclined to agree and there are a couple of other teams that seem to be untouchable and until they come under some level of scrutiny I get no joy from seeing Parramatta cop this - deserved maybe so, but not buying that they are the only perpetrators.
    A sad day for their fans they have endured plenty over the years, and they have always stuck strong. It will be interesting to watch this unfold for the rest of the year - expect Watmoughs retirement to be announced very soon.

• One question for one person

Fade to Black

Does everyone in the Parra organization get the same treatment that you have given the Melbourne organization ??

It was never proven one way or the other that Melbourne players got under the counter cash payments

They know for sure that some Parra players have received them

• Banned

Recent Topics