Tim Grant

• Do you guys think Tim Grant will get back to his best when we plays for us?
    How much of the game do you reckon he will play (minutes)?
    Do you think he will help our defensive and offensive pack?
    Do you think he will be able to gain a good amount of meters?
    What you reckon his best attribute will be?
    Do you think he will be one of the big performers for our forward pack this year?
    How many meters per game do you think he will get?

• Hopefully his best is yet to come and he can achieve that with the Tigers;
    I think Taylor will want between 50-60 minutes out of him each week;
    I think he will help us get on the front foot in attack, in defence, hopefully he’s solid and put his shoulder into it;
    He should gain decent metres, I think he and Woods/Ava would work well together as they both make decent metres up the middle;
    Best attribute - Professionalism and attitude;
    Yep, I think he will be one of our better forwards; and
    No idea, depends on how much game time he gets and how we go as a team in controlling possession/the game - I suspect he will want to average over 100 metres per game.

• I think he will be terrific for us.

He has a terrific work ethic, and is very solid in all aspects. He is pretty effective in the middle defensively, particularly from marker and usually “wins” the tackle. The cross against his name in the notes is once going backwards he is get get caught out with a lack of lateral movement (other coaches will know this and target it).
    Just about every play in comp has something that gets targeted though.

• My opinion is he can learn allot from Woodsie and focus more on his footwork and learn to chill when being niggled.

• You can not dominate in a badly beaten pack, so Grant like all the other forwards will need the pack to be firing for him to get back to the top of his game.

He ticked most of the boxes when we were looking at recruiting players

• Has shown by playing SOO that he has the ability. With Woods and Farah he has two current SOO forwards playing along side him so he now has the opportunity to play big minutes with the Tigers and re-capture that SOO form once again - the ball is in his court so over to you Grant to prove that you will make a valuable contribution to a formidable Tigers front row!!

• I think he has a bit of Tiger in him.

• @Newtown:

I think he has a bit of Tiger in him.

I hope he has a lot of Tiger in him Newtown,he will be looked upon as a recruitment genius if he performs to his previous good standard….

• @Newtown:

I think he has a bit of Tiger in him.

I hope he’s got a lot of Mongrel In Him!, we need a down and out sneaky Big Pig, dish it out sunshine!.

• On the surface it seems a decent pick up.

Although you do wonder if he is damaged good after being released from 2 clubs in 2 years.

• @Eddie:

On the surface it seems a decent pick up.

Although you do wonder if he is damaged good after being released from 2 clubs in 2 years.

Any other reasons been suggested for two clubs in two years?

• Wasnt he a cap victim at Souths and their desire to regain big Sam?

• I think he was released to make room for Souths Sammy boy , this could work well for us as I think if you get moved on due to better things coming in it may just give you some real drive and if this is twice its happend well he won’t want to make that 3 times , can’t wait to,see him rip into Sammy , Tim will be good for us and buy the sounds of it another cheapy , can’t wait to see if I’m right as well as Madness , Griffin , Balin , could be some good stuff come from this lot

• He was a cap victim at both clubs. Penrith moved him on because he was on a huge wicket there too. Not his fault clubs overcapitalised on him and then decided he wasn’t worth the coin later.

Good news for us though. Hopefully he’s hurting from it and looks to stick it up both Penrith and Souths by playing his arse off for us.

• @Cultured Bogan:

He was a cap victim at both clubs. Penrith moved him on because he was on a huge wicket there too. Not his fault clubs overcapitalised on him and then decided he wasn’t worth the coin later.

Good news for us though. Hopefully he’s hurting from it and looks to stick it up both Penrith and Souths by playing his arse off for us.

Absolutely. He was very well regarded at Penrith, but they had the much vaunted clear out as part of the 5 year plan.
    Interestingly it is becoming more apparent as discussion is becoming more open the plan wasnt about bringing all those new guys, it was about clearing the deck so they could keep all the kids they had coming through, the buying of the experienced cheapies was to clear cap and remain competitive and slowly bring through all the huge talent they could see coming (Jennings boys, cartwright,RGC, DWZ etc)

The 2 clubs moving him on, were no sleight in him at all. Penrith had the clear plan, and Souths also had a balance issue as well as trying to free space for S Burgess.

Recent Topics