Can someone please explain to me.....

• How Lovett is any worse than Siro?

Reading the Nines thread i’ve noticed Lovett copping heaps (Someone said he’s the worst first grader they’ve ever seen, seriously?), and i scratch my head. Don’t get me wrong, i’m not much of a fan (though he does have a good workrate unlike Curtis), he’s just a plugger, but the reality is that where we are at as a team, the Lovett’s of the world is what we will produce.

Now as for Siro, what has he ever done to put him above Lovett? For all the talk about him you would expect, as Demps said yesterday that he would be at the level of a Bryce Cartwright. By rights, for all his hype he should be going over there, leading the team and being a star. Sorry to say he’s just a plugger as well, yet seems to get a free pass for God knows what reason.

For me, they are both at the same level in regards to talent and relevance, yet one gets talked about as a bum, and the other a future Aussie rep. It doesn’t add up.

• I think we’ve seen everything Lovett is capable of.
    Average in all aspects of the game.

With Curtis, I think he can do a lot more - he just doesn’t.
    Lazy and no motivation.

He knows his spot is safe in the team and he can get by with their bare minimun.
    Which has been a problem for us for years.

Lovett & Milone are friends with the right people so they get kept around.
    Sirro has friends in high places so he gets babied.

• @Demps:

Milone is trash. That’s one guy i will not defend.

• @GNR4LIFE:

@Demps:

Milone is trash. That’s one guy i will not defend.

Yep I agree

You blokes misunderstood me , I said Susan Renouf not Steve 😊

• @GNR4LIFE:

How Lovett is any worse than Siro?

Reading the Nines thread i’ve noticed Lovett copping heaps (Someone said he’s the worst first grader they’ve ever seen, seriously?), and i scratch my head. Don’t get me wrong, i’m not much of a fan (though he does have a good workrate unlike Curtis), he’s just a plugger, but the reality is that where we are at as a team, the Lovett’s of the world is what we will produce.

Now as for Siro, what has he ever done to put him above Lovett? For all the talk about him you would expect, as Demps said yesterday that he would be at the level of a Bryce Cartwright. By rights, for all his hype he should be going over there, leading the team and being a star. Sorry to say he’s just a plugger as well, yet seems to get a free pass for God knows what reason.

For me, they are both at the same level in regards to talent and relevance, yet one gets talked about as a bum, and the other a future Aussie rep. It doesn’t add up.

Agree with this to some extent. Sironen really needs to lift his workrate & learn to use his sign. Another interesting question is what sort of $$ is Sironen on compared to Lovett. A lot of plyers are earning on their potential rather than their performance, hence the reason results are still poor, but the salary cap is maxed out.

• Banned

I can explain it. Siro is better in every facet of the game. Runs the ball stronger, tackles more effectively, similar work rate, bigger, stronger, better ball skills.

Hope that explains why he’s better.

• Sirro is better than Lovett, talent wise….
    Sirro doesn’t show as much heart as Lovett tho.

Lovett shouldn’t be in first grade.
    Sirro needs to show why he deserves to be in first grade.

• @king sirro:

I can explain it. Siro is better in every facet of the game. Runs the ball stronger, tackles more effectively, similar work rate, bigger, stronger, better ball skills.

His workrate is trash.

Bigger? Well, ok, that’s not really a skill

Better ball skills? Hasn’t really done much with them.

• Lovett is developing and is quite a few years behind Sirro
    If you cant see why Sirro is ahead of him then you need new glasses. Thats not saying Sirro is anything crash hot either…he has and always will have his old mans name to deal with
    Debuted in 2012, he really needs to get a wriggle on if there is any more juice to be squeezed

• @GNR4LIFE:

How Lovett is any worse than Siro?

In reality I believe that we have quite a few quite capable and promising forwards who will replace Lawrence, Sironen and Lovett in first grade this season.

• Just to add on about his ball skills, watch Bryce Cartwright, those are ball skills, Siro is nowhere near that. He’s also a yr older and has 2 or 3 more yrs of first grade experience. The reason i compare him to Cartwright is because for all of Siro’s hype and so-called potential, he should be showing us all the potential Cartwright does, but he’s not even in the same hemisphere.

• @king sirro:

Sirro’s work rate isn’t close KS

But he is potentially far better than Lovett

But that’s my problem at the moment

Why do players with potential at other clubs walk into grade and succeed ??

We have to wait and wait for ours

Apart from Teddy and a lesser degree Moses very few in the last 5 years

Yes we can use the halves experiment , but I still have this feeling we will end up calling him Glass

Because every time he gets dropped he breaks

Hope I’m wrong

• Sirro and Cartwright are so similiar.

Second rowers that have played 5/8
    Tall, leaner players with famous last names.
    They’re very comparable.

That being said Bryce>Curtis.
    I see the potential in Curtis, he could be an elite level ball playing second rower - carving up like Bryce

but for some reason he’s not and he’s a lazy, boring, weaker player that cheats on his girlfriend.

• Banned

@happy tiger:

@king sirro:

Yes we can use the halves experiment , but I still have this feeling we will end up calling him Glass

Hope I’m wrong

Happy I reckon siro’s workrate picked up significantly defensively late last year playing 80mins, and I expect that to continue on the upward spiral in 16

• @happy tiger:

@king sirro:

Hope I’m wrong

I suspect the laziness may be because when you don’t win, you don’t have the buzz of success to soak up. And when you’re on decent $, that means you just have the success of the $ you’re earning as your buzz.

That leaves an opening for laziness to kick in; an attitude along the lines of: “well we might come last, but hey I’m doing better than most of the fellas I went to school with, everyone thinks I’m pretty cool, I’ve got a kick arse car, life’s pretty good really” - and so maybe they they just don’t put the same effort in.

It may be youth. But ultimately, success breeds success. It’s up to them to want it and give everything to get it. It’s up to the coaching staff to give them a sniff of it. Somehow that doesn’t seem to be there. Or maybe it’s just around the corner that everything clicks into place. Who knows at this point with this team.

Recent Topics