NRL Live Subscription

• Couple of quick questions for anyone who subscribes to NRL live:

1. is there any way to stream from your smart phone/tablet/PC to a TV? Seems the app doeant allow airplay.

2. anyone know if there are any plans for an NRL live smart tv app to subscribe to similar to what the AFL, NFL, NBL and pretty much every other top sport provides

3. anyone know if they will be posting full replays of the 9s and trials to NRL live?

Thanks in advance!

1. HDMI Cord?

2. Idk, use the search function on your apps menu on your smart TV.

3. You mean 3)? Not worth watching tbh… forget it m8

• Thanks demps

• I have a dongle called Airtame which mirrors the image from my PC to the tv. Works a treat.

• If there’s no AirPlay you would need to either connect your laptop or pc to your TV via HDMI or if your mobile phone supports MHL you can buy an MHL cable that connects to the HDMI port on your TV.

Check out this link for more info:
    http://www.howtogeek.com/201822/how-to-connect-your-android-phone-to-your-tv/

• Thanks Palms and Marzie!

• @palms:

I have a dongle called Airtame which mirrors the image from my PC to the tv. Works a treat.

Hi Palms, does chromecast do the same thing?

• Yes but from what I have read, it can be a fairly unreliable mirror. If you want to give it a try, buy it and keep the receipt and you can always take it back if it doesn’t do what it says. A good internet connection is essential with these things! If HDMI works that will be your best option. I just don’t have an output on my computer unfortunately

• check your dms

• @palms:

Yes but from what I have read, it can be a fairly unreliable mirror. If you want to give it a try, buy it and keep the receipt and you can always take it back if it doesn’t do what it says. A good internet connection is essential with these things! If HDMI works that will be your best option. I just don’t have an output on my computer unfortunately

Thanks again Palms!

• @shakey4d:

@palms:

I have a dongle called Airtame which mirrors the image from my PC to the tv. Works a treat.

Hi Palms, does chromecast do the same thing?

I got chromecast which works well but you can’t do it with foxtel go. Foxtel have somehow blocked it from working. I use my hdmi cable for it.

• The Foxtel thing really annoys me when we are overseas …we are premium Foxtel subscribers and for the life of me why can I not get the NRL while I am away I am paying the premium price a joke really.

• Back about 3 seasons ago you could simply use the NRL app and connect a hdmi cord and play it on a normal big screen tv( our big screen is not a smart tv)
    In 2014 that was stopped by the NRL and I no longer could get it to work.
    Last year , I was told by thr NRL that it couldn’t be used that way, but during round 1
    I tried it again and Was able to watch ANY game each week,
    All Foxtel games were able to be streamed to our big screen from our IPad if we wanted to( using the NRL app and AirPlay )

I wasn’t sure if it was still possible this season , so I tried it on Saturday, and yep, can still be done

AirPlay is plugged in to the tv , set your tv to the corresponding HDMI channel input ( open the ABC IVIEW app, on your tablet ( iview is the one that I use )) and open a show on it that’s supports AirPlay. (It will have the AirPlay icon)
    Then start that programme and once it opens and starts. click on the AirPlay icon .
    When it opens , tick the "AirPlay " option , then You will see the Airplay 4 numeral code come upon the big screen , enter the code on your tablet , And the screen will Then show the show that is running on your tablet. Go directly to click on the NRL app and go to the “watch live now” prompt on the game that you want to watch.

You’re in.
    You can use the mirror option instead of the Airplay option on AirPlay if you want , but the Airplay option usually is better quality on mine.
    Sounds complicated but is not hard once you’ve done it
    There may be a better way of doing it, I’m not sure.
    I only found this way accidently,
    It works so I’m happy with it

• @Snake:

The Foxtel thing really annoys me when we are overseas …we are premium Foxtel subscribers and for the life of me why can I not get the NRL while I am away I am paying the premium price a joke really.

Foxtel shows no loyalty to long term customers, you’re better off letting your subscription lapse and then find out just how good a deal they will do for you.

• They won’t do a thing.
    They’ll happily let you leave.

Sussed it out already, lol

Recent Topics