Potter Picks Top Fullbacks

• Banned

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/teams/tigers/nrl-2016-wests-tigers-fullback-james-tedesco-didnt-get-the-best-out-of-former-coach-mick-potter/news-story/2f84df994afa34e5f5d326da1f4d3e9e

Its an interesting article. Potter says Tedesco, RTS, Inglis and Slater are the top 4 fullbacks in the comp. It shows how good Tedesco is now.

• Give it another 2 years, I wonder if Inglis and Slater would still be in contact with those other two?

• Inglis and RTS would be in Potters top 4 for their attack only IMO. Inglis’ defence is pitiful. He made 1 good tackle on Uate a few years back and has had some diabolical misses in the years since. Overall Slater,when fit,would still be the most complete fullback in the comp,Teddy is right on his clacker nowadays though.
    Obviously hope he stays a one-club man for us. He will be pretty special.

• If Matty Moylan plays at 5/8 this year, the odds for Tedesco playing Origin are even more in his favour.

Jack Wighton would be the only other player (yet to debut) close to him.

In fact wouldn’t mind all 3 of them in there. Wighton can play at centre or wing.

• Banned

I reckon that Tedesco is better than Slater now. I think Inglis is a weapon when he is on but I think Tedesco might be more consistent.

I’d love to see Tedesco in Origin but I’d rather see us win more games.

• Banned

Yeh I rate Teddy the best in the game based on last year. If he can back it up then i believe no one is even close to him. Yeh on their day the other 3 can be outrageously good, but Teddy was a freak week in week out last year

• Banned

Teddy is not in the class of Slater yet but he is getting there. Let’s hope another injury free season is coming up, then we can reassess.

• @stryker:

Teddy is not in the class of Slater yet but he is getting there. Let’s hope another injury free season is coming up, then we can reassess.

Slater reads the game so much better than the other three

• @happy tiger:

@stryker:

Billy Slater is a Jedi. I’ve thought this for a while but I’m pretty convinced this is the case. The way he just knows what is going to happen before it happens is not normal. Its the only logical explanation of how he just pops up at the exact right time without any indication that the ball is going to be there.

Jedi.

• Slater & Inglis is still the Top 2 overall.

Boyd had a slow start to 15 through injury, but personally I feel he is number 1-2 defensively.

Teddy is primed… I reckon 2016 will be the year of Tedesco.

But watch up for Munster. This kid will be up there with Slater once his career is over and could go past them all!

• Munster certainly has talent, just glad we have Tedesco, if NSW have any sense they will pick him for SOO this year.

• Banned

@willow:

Munster certainly has talent, just glad we have Tedesco, if NSW have any sense they will pick him for SOO this year.

As long as he does not get vilified on return for being injured or something

• @Nors05:

@happy tiger:

@stryker:

Billy Slater is a Jedi. I’ve thought this for a while but I’m pretty convinced this is the case. The way he just knows what is going to happen before it happens is not normal. Its the only logical explanation of how he just pops up at the exact right time without any indication that the ball is going to be there.

Jedi.

Shame though, he has a bit of the dark side in his game as it makes it hard to like him.

• WT have a real treasure in Teddy….Hope he stays with us.

• Don’t forget that kid from the roosters coming through. Love watching him play.

Recent Topics