CEO Update 2016....

• ForumSupporter

Welcome to our first CEO Update of 2016.

I’m very pleased to report that we have had a number of developments and activities since my last update.

Prior to Christmas we had the pleasure of announcing Aaron Woods as Wests Tigers Captain for the coming season. I’d like to take this opportunity to once again publicly congratulate Aaron on this appointment. Sometimes we forget that Aaron is only 24 years old, it’s impressive that at such a young age he has already played 100 games for his Club, won a State of Origin series with New South Wales and represented his country on a number of occasions. We all look forward to working closely with Aaron over the coming year and seeing the impact that his leadership will have on the Club. I would also like to acknowledge our previous captain Robbie Farah for the work he has done through his tenure.

We’ve assembled a strong leadership group with Aaron joined by Dene Halatau, Chris Lawrence, Matt Ballin, Robbie Farah, Sauaso Sue and James Tedesco. These men will do you all proud and lead our team exceptionally well, both on and off the field.

Our recently assembled Wests Tigers Member Committee has now met twice and are already proving to be a very welcome addition to the Club. It’s important that we understand and listen to you, our Members, to know what drives you to support the Club and in turn how we can support you. This group are providing great feedback on Club activities and we’re implementing some great initiatives with their input, initially focusing on increasing game day attendance and atmosphere.

It is important to know that a large part of our strategic direction is focusing on the improvement of our Membership offering and Membership experience, with the end result being the creation of low churn rate and the acquisition of new Members. I would like to encourage you all to assist in this process. Your voice, whether collective or individual, can be very powerful and you all can add tremendous value to Wests Tigers by encouraging fans that you know to become Members and truly commit to the club - it makes an enormous difference.

Late last month we brought together a group of Members for an update on the Club’s position on a range of topics. I’d like to thank all of those who were able to join us, it was great to be able to meet so many of you in person. The group was addressed by myself, Chair Marina Go and Head Coach Jason Taylor, and provided with insights into how the Club is performing off the field, and preparing for action on the field. The business will continue to strive to position ourselves into a sustainable state and a state where continued improvement remains a key focus.

A video of the presentations from myself, Marina and Jason can be found here.
    I was very proud to launch the Club’s new partnership with beyondblue alongside beyondblue Founder and Chair Jeff Kennett and Chris Lawrence and Sauaso Sue who will be acting as Ambassadors for the Club.

This partnership with beyondblue allows us to use our position as an NRL team to actively promote the great work that beyondblue do and help raise awareness of depression, anxiety and suicide prevention. We’re in a position where we reach large numbers of people both in our community and across the country on a weekly basis and it’s great that we can use that position to promote a positive message. We’re also set to provide mental health support and training to all of our players and staff which is very important. Unfortunately this Club was touched by suicide in 2013 and we’re committed to ensuring that everyone in our care has the information and support they need to thrive.

I’d like to take this opportunity to welcome new recruit Tim Grant to the Club. It’s great to have a player of his experience join the Club and I’m sure he’s going to be an asset to us both on and off the field. I was fortunate enough to walk the Kokoda Track two years ago with Tim and see first-hand examples of what makes him such an outstanding young man.

Tim brings a great attitude to this Club and I’m sure he’ll fit in well and will quickly become a favourite amongst you all.

As you would have seen we took part in the NRL Auckland Nines over the weekend. The event provided us with the opportunity to give a number of young players the chance to gain valuable experience playing against some of the stars of the game on the big stage. While we didn’t progress beyond the pool stage it was great to get a win over the reigning premiers, the North Queensland Cowboys.

Next weekend we head to the Sunshine Coast for a trial match against the Melbourne Storm. This is set to be an important warm up as we get closer to the 2016 season and I look forward to meeting some of our Queensland Members at the game. At the same time Chris Lawrence will be a part of the NRL All Stars squad playing the Indigenous All Stars and we look forward to seeing him in action representing Wests Tigers.

The week after we return home for our final trial match, against the Cronulla Sharks at Campbelltown Sports Stadium. We’ve got a huge day of football planned with all three grades taking on the Sharks, along with the Western Suburbs Harold Matthews and SG Ball sides. It’s set to be a great day out for the entire family and with free entry for Members a good opportunity to see your side in action without the stress of playing for two competition points!

Before we know it we’ll be at Round 1, which for the first time in a number of years will be a home game for Wests Tigers. It’s incredibly important that we get off to a good start at home and I’m calling on you all to be there and support your team as they take on a very strong Warriors side. We have four home games in the first five weeks of the season and every one of them is important to us across the business.

I look forward to meeting as many of you as possible at games over the coming weeks and once again I thank you for your continue support of Wests Tigers.

Justin Pascoe, Wests Tigers CEO

Source…Emailed to Members…

• Only thing I learned from all that is that Pascoe & Grant did Kokoda once

• @innsaneink:

Only thing I learned from all that is that Pascoe & Grant did Kokoda once

Then you mustn’t have read the media release upon his signing which sounds strangely similar to the above:

“I’d like to take this opportunity to welcome Tim to Wests Tigers,” said Pascoe.

“It’s great to have a player of his experience join the Club and I’m sure he’s going to be an asset to us both on and off the field.

“I was fortunate enough to walk the Kokoda Track two years ago with Tim and see first-hand examples of what makes him such an outstanding young man.

“Tim brings a great attitude to this Club and I’m sure he’ll fit in well and will quickly become a favourite amongst Members and fans,” he said.

“Tim joins us on very favourable terms which is also beneficial for the Club."

• @innsaneink:

x2

Whilst something is better than nothing the cliche’s you hear every pre-season become tiresome.
    Having met Pascoe at the fan day I got the impression he was a bit more of a straight shooter than this.

• @Nelson:

@innsaneink:

Then you mustn’t have read the media release upon his signing which sounds strangely similar to the above:

“I’d like to take this opportunity to welcome Tim to Wests Tigers,” said Pascoe.

“It’s great to have a player of his experience join the Club and I’m sure he’s going to be an asset to us both on and off the field.

“I was fortunate enough to walk the Kokoda Track two years ago with Tim and see first-hand examples of what makes him such an outstanding young man.

“Tim brings a great attitude to this Club and I’m sure he’ll fit in well and will quickly become a favourite amongst Members and fans,” he said.

If that’s correct (i.e copy and pasted from the article about Grant’s signing) then that is pretty embarrassing…

• @Nelson:

@innsaneink:

😆 😆 😆

• No mention of the new person who will be the operations manager. I thought they wanted the person up and running by early February. Must be still doing interviews

• “I’d like to take this opportunity to welcome Tim to Wests Tigers,” said Pascoe.
    I’d like to take this opportunity to welcome new recruit Tim Grant to the Club.

It’s great to have a player of his experience join the Club and I’m sure he’s going to be an asset to us both on and off the field.

I was fortunate enough to walk the Kokoda Track two years ago with Tim and see first-hand examples of what makes him such an outstanding young man.

Tim brings a great attitude to this Club and I’m sure he’ll fit in well and will quickly become a favourite amongst you all.

• He’s like foghorn leghorn. Uses sooooo many words to say absolutely nothing.

• Nothing of note really came out of that ‘update’.

• No mention of the clubs new policy of allowing players to take annual leave 3 weeks before the season starts either.

• @willow:

Nothing of note really came out of that ‘update’.

I suppose there is stuff all news to tell a month out from game one

• ForumSupporter

@supercoach:

No mention of the new person who will be the operations manager. I thought they wanted the person up and running by early February. Must be still doing interviews

Interviews closed last week…

• @supercoach:

@willow:

Nothing of note really came out of that ‘update’.

I suppose there is stuff all news to tell a month out from game one

There was the suoerbowl. 😉

• Well that was a whole load of nothing.

He said a video of Go, Taylor and his presentation can be found?

Anyone know where to find it?

Recent Topics