Aussie kids in Syria

• Having been somewhat upset six months or so ago, when the family of that fool of a man that had his child holding a severed head, were wanting to return to Australia upon what was for mine, his welcomed death, yet my government seemed to be blocking such a move.

By all reports their mother is now also deceased, leaving a fourteen year old daughter that is now the mother of a two month old child herself, looking after her four siblings. These children, like all those still stuck in such a terrible situation, are innocent victims and need to be protected.

Having been born and spent their early happy lives here, they need to be rescued from the Barbary that the are still being exposed to today. I have a problem with any child being in detention where they are apparently being routinely abused, let alone not rescuing our child nationals that are in imminent danger.

Please join me in sending a missive to your local Federal MP, urging them to quickly help restore their young lives with their loving grandmother.

• Banned

I will do over weekend promise. What Syria did to Lebanon for decades they are now getting a bit of their own medicine back - but is often the innocent that suffer of course and all children are innocent.

• It’s not going to be easy to get them out though.

• sure u kid me, they have been there for over 2 years, i dont want them any where near my grandkids the vile that there parents and others around them, have pound into there heads make them dangerous to all in aust. i feel for all kids but i want aust to protect us 1st, any one going over there male , female kids should never come back here. all the do gooders will cry out to bring them back and what happens in 10 - 15 years when they want to avenage there father and mothers deaths, and they kill some one here, who will put there hand up.

• Banned

This is far from being a simple conflict. I would guess that it goes right back to World War 1 how the foreigners (the West) messed up how they carved up the Ottoman Empire. They did not respect cultural, religious and ethnic lines, as also occurred in Africa. So accordingly all these places have virtually never stopped fighting ever since.

Then booted off again by the invasion of Iraq about 10 years ago.

I can understand bp tiger but also Australia has been involved in supporting many destructive interferences in the area since World War 2 and still does. - that continue to cause refugees.

Once destruction has commenced it is very difficult to repair, if ever.

The financial cost (as well as human cost) of violence last century and this century is the highest mountain - what a massive waste of resources when so many people are so poor.

I have thought for yonks that they should lock conflicting countries politicians up together for months or years until they come up with a peaceful resolution. That is their job.

• Can you de-brainwash people/kids?
    Theyre dangerous as it stands…but yes, theyre innocent as well.
    Their parent have ruined their lives…im guessing forever

• Banned

@innsaneink:

Can you de-brainwash people/kids?

I was brainwashed into Catholicism and took me decades to get over it - I hate them for doing it to me.

• @innsaneink:

The parents certainly have ruined part of their childhood, but I think they can be be helped to overcome it Ink. There is only one way to find out.

• @bp tiger:

sure u kid me, they have been there for over 2 years, i dont want them any where near my grandkids the vile that there parents and others around them, have pound into there heads make them dangerous to all in aust. i feel for all kids but i want aust to protect us 1st, any one going over there male , female kids should never come back here. all the do gooders will cry out to bring them back and what happens in 10 - 15 years when they want to avenage there father and mothers deaths, and they kill some one here, who will put there hand up.

As if I would be kidding about these children that would be spending a reasonable amount of time cowering with each other, just as their fellow young neighbours in that war torn hell hole are.

As for others that made their own decision to go, well they can rot over there for all I care.

• @formerguest:

@bp tiger:

sure u kid me, they have been there for over 2 years, i dont want them any where near my grandkids the vile that there parents and others around them, have pound into there heads make them dangerous to all in aust. i feel for all kids but i want aust to protect us 1st, any one going over there male , female kids should never come back here. all the do gooders will cry out to bring them back and what happens in 10 - 15 years when they want to avenage there father and mothers deaths, and they kill some one here, who will put there hand up.

As if I would be kidding about these children that would be spending a reasonable amount of time cowering with each other, just as their fellow young neighbours in that war torn hell hole are.

Except when they are out on field trips holding up severed heads and shooting hostages in propaganda videos. They are going to need a lot of work to have any hope of fitting back in to any form of civilised society, and even then there would be no guarantees.

• @Harvey:

@formerguest:

@bp tiger:

Except when they are out on field trips holding up severed heads and shooting hostages in propaganda videos. They are going to need a lot of work to have any hope of fitting back in to any form of civilised society, and even then there would be no guarantees.

As a “civilised society” surely we can give them a decent shot at life Harvey.

• @bp tiger:

I should have addressed this earlier, but would you put your hand up to leave and wash your hands of them, had your mentioned grandkids been taken over there BP?

Don’t worry too much though, as others would do their best to get them back here and cared for appropriately.

• @Byron Bay Fan:

@innsaneink:

I was brainwashed into Catholicism and took me decades to get over it - I hate them for doing it to me.

Hang on , the same principles you are now using for your decision making are the same very principles of the Catholic Church BBF , don’t you

Take out the religious vitriol for one moment

Compassion for your fellow man , wanting all to live in peace as one , turning the other cheek ……

Peace be with you brother …

• @formerguest:

Having been somewhat upset six months or so ago, when the family of that fool of a man that had his child holding a severed head, were wanting to return to Australia upon what was for mine, his welcomed death, yet my government seemed to be blocking such a move.

By all reports their mother is now also deceased, leaving a fourteen year old daughter that is now the mother of a two month old child herself, looking after her four siblings. These children, like all those still stuck in such a terrible situation, are innocent victims and need to be protected.

Having been born and spent their early happy lives here, they need to be rescued from the Barbary that the are still being exposed to today. I have a problem with any child being in detention where they are apparently being routinely abused, let alone not rescuing our child nationals that are in imminent danger.

Please join me in sending a missive to your local Federal MP, urging them to quickly help restore their young lives with their loving grandmother.

Don’t hold your breath mate. If they act at all it’s unlikely to be quickly. First of all they would have to actually find them. They are probably nowhere safe. Then we would have to get people in there. That would involve risking the lives of the people we sent in. They are unlikely to get any political mileage out of bringing them back at all, let alone risking lives of others in the the process.

There is probably going to be a substantial overlap between the voters wanting these kids brought back and the voters wanting children released from detention on Nauru. The Government don’t seem inclined to budge on children in detention because they have decided to prioritise their “strong borders” message over any desire to appear vaguely compassionate. This is going to fall into the same category for them I think you’ll find, except some would argue that at least some of the older children are less “innocent” as a result of what they’ve been exposed to…

• At the end of the day, they are Australian citizens holding Australian passports, the Government is obliged to help them, especially since they are kids.

I don’t have a personal opinion either way on this one but the laws are in place to protect Australian citizens who are in the proverbial overseas, we can’t pick and choose when to follow them.

Recent Topics