Accommodation near Leichardt

• I’m thinking of coming over for round 2 Monday night game for a couple of reasons….

1. I’m keen to see Joel Edwards (or anyone for that matter) smash Marty 😆
    2. This could be one of the very last times that Leichardt is used as good old Balmain is about caputski, I reckon. And if they do go under, then there’s only two games there this year which means getting through the gates late in the season for one last hurrah from the hill could be almost impossible.
    3. My son is desperate to see the place.

So, as I said, I’m keen, But I’m not sure about where to stay. Does anyone have any suggestions of some inexpensive options close to the ground?
    Or is airbnb the best option?

Cheers guys and girls.

• I would say stay in Sydney as it is very close and use public transport to travel to the venue, plenty of amazing hotels in sydney

• The Merton Hotel on Victoria rd Rozelle is a great little family owned pub and has tidy accommodation upstairs - bed and breakfast. Not too far from the ground and a good eating area as well.

• @Milky:

I would say stay in Sydney as it is very close and use public transport to travel to the venue, plenty of amazing hotels in sydney

I agree, the city is the best option. Just need to be careful with it being a Monday. Even before 5pm, the trip on the bus can be unpredictable. Maybe catch the light rail.

• @joebob:

@Milky:

I would say stay in Sydney as it is very close and use public transport to travel to the venue, plenty of amazing hotels in sydney

I agree, the city is the best option. Just need to be careful with it being a Monday. Even before 5pm, the trip on the bits can be unpredictable. Maybe catch the light rail.

Yep, or taxi

• Yeah…Taxi in peak hour
    Just take Uncle harry with you
    Plenty of joints down around Central where you pick up the light rail, just dont walk thru the park there

• @innsaneink:

Yeah…Taxi in peak hour
    Just take Uncle harry with you

Plenty of joints down around Central where you pick up the light rail, just dont walk thru the park there

😆 fair point

• @Telltails:

The Merton Hotel on Victoria rd Rozelle is a great little family owned pub and has tidy accommodation upstairs - bed and breakfast. Not too far from the ground and a good eating area as well.

That’s not a bad suggestion, it’s been done up relatively recently and is maybe a 10-15 minute walk. I don’t know of any hotels in the area. If you want to stay in a hotel rather than a pub then the city is probably your best bet. If you’re not staying near the light rail end of town there’s a bus every 2 minutes heading along Victoria Road. They depart from Druitt Street next to Town Hall.

• I’ve heard Geo’s 24 hr bed and Breakfast is OK Hope you like pies

Seriously though , stay in the city , get to the game early and take him for a walk around the old girl

• @Nelson:

@Telltails:

The Merton Hotel on Victoria rd Rozelle is a great little family owned pub and has tidy accommodation upstairs - bed and breakfast. Not too far from the ground and a good eating area as well.

That’s not a bad suggestion, it’s been done up relatively recently and is maybe a 10-15 minute walk. I don’t know of any hotels in the area. If you want to stay in a hotel rather than a pub then the city is probably your best bet. If you’re not staying near the light rail end of town there’s a bus every 2 minutes heading along Victoria Road. They depart from Druitt Street next to Town Hall.

I was going to suggest the same. It’s around the corner from my place, I’m there all the time. Great food too - Best curries in the inner west I reckon!

It’s a great spot as the walk down darling st is well worth it. Especially when all the pubs get the sausage sizzle on. Plus, your close to the main darling st Cafes for breaky the next morning.

• @hammertime:

@Nelson:

@Telltails:

I was going to suggest the same. It’s around the corner from my place, I’m there all the time. Great food too - Best curries in the inner west I reckon!

It’s a great spot as the walk down darling st is well worth it. Especially when all the pubs get the sausage sizzle on. Plus, your close to the main darling st Cafes for breaky the next morning.

We go there a lot too. There are a couple of bands that play there that we go like to go and see.

• Yeah I’d also suggest CBD. Plenty of places in and around Central. Good base for doing some non footy things too.

• Oh for the record there are in fact 4 games at Leichhardt this year.

• Have stayed at the Marco Polo a few times on trips to Leichhardt. Probably a 25-30 minute easy stroll to the ground from memory and normally takes an hour or so on the way back after giving the Leichhardt hill’s warm beers a solid going over while the game is on!
    Should be able to pick up a room there for a good price WD and the Summer Hills pub is 5 mins walk away-have always had a pretty nice meal there.

• WD,the forum members have given you some good suggestions,either way it will be great to welcome you and your lad to our fine side of the country,hope you guys have a great time and enjoy the great LO and surrounding areas…all the best mate travel safe…

Recent Topics