The Spine....

• By the look of things after the trial game against Storm,our spine does seem to be impressive this year…Farah did really well as did Brooks and Moses,throw in the dynamic Teddy and things are looking good for the upcoming season…I know that we don’t go too much on trial form,however,if we can get a whole lot of consistency each week we could scare a few team’s… Some of the new recruits seemed to go OK but they may need a bit more time to get used to the NRL game itself…most of all as the weeks roll on all the squad should get better as they gain much needed fitness and gel as one unit …the good thing about the trial was,the team never got belted by a huge margin and there appears to be much hope for the 2016 season with a hard fought win up their sleeve…great confidence booster if nothing else…

• We played a state cup side

• @Milky:

We played a state cup side

That doesn’t really matter.
    If the spine are combining well and doing everything right it doesn’t matter who they were up against.

• Throw Teddy,Simona,Nagamia,Woods,Siro,Sue,Ava,Edwards and who ever I have forgotten maybe Balin,you have a pretty good looking outfit.

What pleased me about last night and the nines, we have a genuine good backup no7 or no6 in Littlejohn, he will get more than round one to show his wares during a long season with injuries and suspensions.

• Banned

I think we can put a good team on the park. The spine could be really good. If Siro and Lawrence kick on then we should have a good allround team. If some other players do well hopefully the bench will be okay as well.

I think we could have a decent season.

• Our edge defence and how we handle the high balls will still be the key in 2016

• For some reason we are not handling the high ball very well, even with Lawrence(187)/Koroibete(180),Lawrence/Richards(193). Similar issue was with Utai/Ayshford(190), go figure.
    In recent history only Beau Ryan was reasonably safe under the high ball.

• Banned

@happy tiger:

Our edge defence and how we handle the high balls will still be the key in 2016

They will be problems but I think Taylor’s game plans are just as much a concern. I think the first key is to play positive footy. That really stuffed us last year. Brooks and Moses will miss some tackles. Naiqama and Nofo will stuff some high balls up.

Still I reckon that we can have a good season. That mightn’t mean winning the comp but I’d like to think we can improve a lot.

• @Sabre:

@Milky:

That doesn’t really matter.
    If the spine are combining well and doing everything right it doesn’t matter who they were up against.

Agreed, also love your dp bro!

• The high ball is why i am worried about Justin hunt. He is nowhere near safe and actually is a liability. Not sure how Rankin would go but still isn’t overly tall. I wish Kharwin had a little more experience as he has the height and in a year i think will be a gun.

• @Milky:

We had more than half a state cup side ourselves - be positive, it really doesn’t hurt that much. LOL

• @stevetiger:

@happy tiger:

They will be problems but I think Taylor’s game plans are just as much a concern. I think the first key is to play positive footy. That really stuffed us last year. Brooks and Moses will miss some tackles. Naiqama and Nofo will stuff some high balls up.

Still I reckon that we can have a good season. That mightn’t mean winning the comp but I’d like to think we can improve a lot.

All reports is that they will be playing more attacking footy this year, so what exactly is Taylor’s gameplan?

• Banned

@Harvey:

@stevetiger:

@happy tiger:

All reports is that they will be playing more attacking footy this year, so what exactly is Taylor’s gameplan?

I hope that we attack this year. I just see it as a risk that we don’t. We can’t afford another learning year.

• @Harvey:

@stevetiger:

@happy tiger:

Maybe to play more attacking football?

• @Milky:

So did they.

Recent Topics