Justin Hunt

I think Hunt may surprise quite a few people this year and prove an astute recruit.
I’ve only seen a little of him for us, but his speed and energy is something we usually seem to lack so it’s a welcome change.
His attitude and competitiveness, is also something we’ve missed… Think he’ll go well for us.

@innsaneink:

I think Hunt may surprise quite a few people this year and prove an astute recruit.
I’ve only seen a little of him for us, but his speed and energy is something we usually seem to lack so it’s a welcome change.
His attitude and competitiveness, is also something we’ve missed… Think he’ll go well for us.

I agree “Ink” - Ii saw him play a few games on the wing and a couple at FB for Saints last year and I thought he was very good. Better FB than wing but always looking to get involved and gives it 100%. You can’t ask anymore of a player than that.

I am hoping he or Rankin get the wing spot. I know that Carr is getting the wraps at the moment but I still think he is at the very least a half season away from being an NRL player.

I’ve seen him in a few games and always been impressed. He’s no star, but he has some toe and always makes a 100% effort. I’m not sure if he’ll be in our top 17 come round 1, but I think he’s better cover for centre/wing/fullback than any of the back-up players we used last year.

He reminds me of Beau Ryan.

Guy who plays above his ability.

Its a back handed compliment really.

I would rather plenty of them then the other way around.

@Eddie:

Thought exactly the same…. Beau without the logo kissing and playing up to the crowd…

Good backup fullback or even in the halves but really isn’t a winger.

I have not really even seen Addo Carr play to be fair. However the word PACE always is a huge box ticked for me. From all reports he is a it raw however if it turns those half chances into tries its massive for me.

Hunt might have to bide his time as back up fullback/winger, or could slot onto the bench as the back utility. However the way he plays I am not discounting him as someone who could earn a starting role and say their through performances.

Our depth and strike in the backs looks decent enough this year with Chee Kam, Hunt and Rankin all pushing the starting players.

I want to see JAC on the wing simply because in the 9’s he looked like he had speed. I haven’t seen much of Hunt but I do think he will go reasonably well and I think we need some depth in our outside backs.

I hope he goes well. I’m also starting to feel more confident going into this season.

@fergiefurr:

Good backup fullback or even in the halves but really isn’t a winger.

At fullback but not in the halves

Last night he was visibly bad when at wing and best on ground when at fullback. But we have Teddy. Our best backup FB for a long time.

@innsaneink:

@Eddie:

Thought exactly the same…. Beau without the logo kissing and playing up to the crowd…

I compare him more to Nightingale than Beau. He has better speed and agility than Ryan.

Last chance saloon for Hunt at the Tigers, much like it was for Naqaima. He has very good hands, seems a shame to easte them on the wing, but thats the onky soot for him really. Could he have a shot at centre? Not sure

Hunt is only a 1 year deal?

I see a lot of similarities between him and Kev when he signed. Roughly the same age, having played the same amount of first grade games. I think barring injury he’ll have a wing spot nailed down.

@Demps:

Yep

@GNR4LIFE:

@Demps:

Yep

Half the team is on a one year deal.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.