Tim Grant/Luke Brooks

• Just wanted to ask anyone that was at the tigers/storm trial how did Tim Grant go both in attack and defence,also how many minutes did he play and fitness wise where is he at……Also in regards to Brooks and moses kicking games…does anyone have any info on how much they have been working on this at training,and if there will be much change in tactics to last years bomb and chase which became too predictable…

• Grant played the first 15 and that was it iirc. He was damaging ball in hand but fell off one tackle badly and got up buggered and that was all I saw of him.

• Moses & Brookes were both patient & structured & the kicking game was good for the conditions(swirling wind) Grant played well in attack on & off the ball but was lost in defence a couple of times(this will improve with Teddy’s talk from the back)

• Sounds like Grant may be starting from the bench

• i heard brooks looked quite big. looked solid in the vids too

i think he’ll put a bit of a stamp this year and get his name in their for city/country, back up for origin in 2017 - that kind of thing

• @pHyR3:

i heard brooks looked quite big. looked solid in the vids too

i think he’ll put a bit of a stamp this year and get his name in their for city/country, back up for origin in 2017 - that kind of thing

Be just our luck,Brooks will make that big step from rookie to seasoned pro and he will get snapped up by another club. Fingers crossed Iam just being negative,but we are not far off being a strong club for a long period and would hate to have our home grown talent snatched by a mercenery club. I hope both Moses and Brooks show plenty of loyalty,they have been paid well over the odds in their rookie years and we have let talented players like Austen and Te Martin go in order to accomodate them. Time will tell but we are going to be under the pump to keep them and if one goes….the floodgates might open

• The b grade Storm pack handled Grant with ease, and made him look second rate in defence imo. As for Brooks and the kicking looked like last season to me, but it’s too early to call after half a game…

• @pHyR3:

Let’s not get ahead of ourselves concerning Brooksy pHyR3… It was a trial game and he only played 40 mins of it.
    Hope your right though. 😉

• where are the video links??? can someone please share…???

Thx

• ForumSupporter

@Spartan117:

where are the video links??? can someone please share…???

Thx

It’s posted in the Team thread,but here you go just for you…

http://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2016/02/14/match_highlights_nrl.html

• @Tigermama:

@pHyR3:

Let’s not get ahead of ourselves concerning Brooksy pHyR3… It was a trial game and he only played 40 mins of it.
    Hope your right though. 😉

haha very true

but im not basing any of that on the 40minutes. im basing it on where i think he is as a player and how he is likely to mature in 2016-17. the trial only confirmed what i already thought 😉 :supporter:

• Grant didnt run over the 3rd graders playing in front of him, and would be my biggest concern whether he starts or comes off the bench.

Luke came on when the game was in favor of Melbourne and looked sharp. The boys around him were really mobile and this gave him time.

• Banned

@Tiger Watto:

Grant didnt run over the 3rd graders playing in front of him, and would be my biggest concern whether he starts or comes off the bench.

Luke came on when the game was in favor of Melbourne and looked sharp. The boys around him were really mobile and this gave him time.

Yeh i dont see Grant as a starter at all. He’s a big body with experience that will help our middle period where we struggled last year when Taylor replaced Woods.

Sue is the animal we need starting up front

• Reports are that the Dogs are after Luke Brooks???

• By reports you mean people on Facebook quoting The Lurker?

Recent Topics