NSW Cup ..Teams Announced V Jets

• ForumSupporter

NSW Cup, NYC Trial Teams Announced

Dan Talintyre

Thu 18th February, 02:30PM

Wests Tigers NSW Cup and NYC Holden Cup teams have been named for their respective trial matches this Saturday afternoon against Newtown and Cronulla.

Both grades will feature at Campbelltown Sports Stadium before the NRL trial match at 7:00pm, with NYC Holden Cup taking the field at 3:00pm before NSW Cup at 5:00pm.

See the Club’s NYC Holden Cup and NSW Cup squads for Saturday’s trial matches below.

Tickets are on sale for our trial match against Cronulla! Be there to see the boys in action!
    NSW Cup — Wests Tigers vs. Newtown Jets

1. Watson Heleta
    2. Josh Addo-Carr
    3. Nathan Milone
    4. Michael Chee Kam
    5. Chance Peni
    6. Jeremy Marshall-King
    7. Josh Drinkwater
    8. Dallas Graham
    9. Jacob Liddle
    10. JJ Felise
    11. Tyler Cassel
    12. Asipeli Fine
    13. Rod Griffin

Interchange:
    14. Billy McConnachie
    15. Lamar Liolevave
    16. Jordan Grant
    17. Wesley Lolo
    18. Jackson Williams
    19. John Tohi
    20. Matt Eisenhuth
    21. Andy Fiagatusa
    22. Billy Tsikrikas

Coach: Paul Stringer

http://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2016/02/18/nsw_cup_nyc_trial_te.html

• Good team. Hopefully Chee Kam gets lots of mins at centre. Fine is out of the naughty corner, for now. Cassell return from injury. Griffen at lock (let’s see his match fitness )

• ForumSupporter

@Tigerdon:

Good team. Hopefully Chee Kam gets lots of mins at centre. Fine is out of the naughty corner, for now. Cassell return from injury. Griffen at lock (let’s see his match fitness )

Fine was never in the Naughty Cnr,It was more about players available as the NRL extended Squad was in QLD…with 3 Hookers… meaning Marshall-King had to play 9…

When Drinkwater Littlejohn and possibly Rankin and Hunt are available for the halves …Fine’s spot is cemented in the backrow…

It’s a strong looking State Cup Squad this year …Hoping Stringer can get them more interested than last…

• Watson-Heleta at FB will be interesting to watch.

• Guess Parahi’s ankle is still bung.

• ForumSupporter

@Tiger Watto:

Watson-Heleta at FB will be interesting to watch.

You coming down then…?

God’s Country awaits…First Pie’s on me…

• @Tigerdon:

Guess Parahi’s ankle is still bung.

Bummer was hoping to get a look see …will have to wait!

• @Geo.:

@Tiger Watto:

Watson-Heleta at FB will be interesting to watch.

You coming down then…?

God’s Country awaits…First Pie’s on me…

no mate… I’m expecting updates as good as mine last week. Hope your up for it?!

Looking good for Gold Coast though!

• Surprising to see Heleta at fullback having never played out of the centres before. Sadly it would appear that Milone is still ahead of him in the pecking order. And i guess they don’t want to move Addo Carr as they’re possibly considering him as a backup for first grade.

• I just cant imagine Heleta at fullback?

Wonder if this is indication of where they fit in the pecking order?

Makes Madness and Liomavale along way down the list.

• Banned

Its a pretty good team isn’t it.

• @Goose:

I just cant imagine Heleta at fullback?

Not necessarily, they may just see them as possible impact bench players for first grade given their fitness levels so that’s where they’re testing them out.

Heleta at fullback is just strange. I think that probably does mean Milone and Chee Kam are ahead of him at centre.

Looks like we’ve got some decent depth though, I wouldn’t mind seeing some of that squad in first grade throughout the season.

• Not a bad looking side, a bit of impact off the bench too for a change.

• If this is where Liolevave stands he’s fallen quite a way from his junior hype level.

Still rooting for him to come good…

• @Goose:

I just cant imagine Heleta at fullback?

Remember there is an extended squad selected for the NRL side. Rather than seeing Heleta as third string centre, you can probably consider him second/third string fullback.

Rankin or Hunt will be back next week to take fullback spot. Thats when it will he interesting to see who is selceted as first choice centres.

Recent Topics