Shot clock

• Whilst I have no problem with cutting down the time for drop outs or scrums can they call it something else other than shot clock. It isn’t basketball and they aren’t taking a shot at anything so please stop Americanising things. Get the ref to call out however long they have to go and that’s it. I know its not a big thing but this sort of stuff gets on an old blokes nerve.

• Banned

I didn’t mind the slowing down to enable the big blokes to get their breath back, with limited interchanges this year we don’t want them collapsing on the field in the Green House extra heat. Plus if a player has an ache or pain, corked leg or something, it gives them a bit more time to recover. Workers rights!

• From the games I have seen so far this season, I am not sure that this is actually speeding things up. Some of the scrums and drop outs seem to be taking a lot longer than the time allowed.

• ForumSupporter

Wasn’t used in our game last night,Maloney in particular took an age taking drop outs …could have made 5 cups of tea…

• @Geo.:

Wasn’t used in our game last night,Maloney in particular took an age taking drop outs …could have made 5 cups of tea…

Was going to ask about that. Some of the scrums seemed to take an age to pack.

• as i have said before rugby league is not played for 80 minutes. it is about a 70 minute game.

All sports the clock is stopped when the ball is out of play or time is added. Simple. Rugby League I have no idea,

• Shot clock is the dumbest name for league as mentioned direct copy from the nba. Calling it a Shot clock to pack a scrum how stupid…. Game clock or would be better. Or just scrum clock/drop clock

• Banned

The greater problem is that the whole scrum is a waste of time except that it takes the forwards out of the game so the attacking halves and backs have more open spaces to run. Bring back feeding the ball straight down the middle.

• @Geo.:

The Sharks did look gassed at times.,the Tigers had them in the fitness department

• @Byron Bay Fan:

The greater problem is that the whole scrum is a waste of time except that it takes the forwards out of the game so the attacking halves and backs have more open spaces to run. Bring back feeding the ball straight down the middle.

Agreed + the drop outs + the long touch finders where 26 knuckheads walk half way down the field while the clock is still ticking away

Recent Topics