Anyone Else Confident ?

No confidence at all.
Not in the squad.
Not in the coaching staff.
Not in the board.
I can’t see anything to be positive about. I hope I am 100% wrong and come September I am covered in egg and eating a lorry load of humble pie.

yup confidence in our outside backs, and finally in our halves.

forward pack im iffy on, same with having a top 8 defence.

I am confident if we have a good run with injuries as depth may be an issue.

@Glen McWilliams:

No confidence at all.
Not in the squad.
Not in the coaching staff.
Not in the board.
I can’t see anything to be positive about. I hope I am 100% wrong and come September I am covered in egg and eating a lorry load of humble pie.

I can see where you’re coming from, however I’ve always been a glass-half-full bloke. Which often leads to disappointment .
With you & your preconceptions, the only way is Up!

A lot of “ifs” that this season rides, far too many that have to eventuate for us to stake a claim at the 8. I think we’ll miss out, and by a fair margin too unfortunately.

Previous years absolutely. This year no.

What has changed this year as opposed to last year? The kids have some more experience and Farah and Taylor and friends I guess. I don’t really rate our buys except for perhaps Carr but really that’s it.

If Teddy,Noofa,Simona,Brooks and Moses stay uninjured for the season our back line will be scintillating ,they are the core,if our forwards complete their sets and have learned to shore up the middle solidly,then yeah,I’m confident that we will have a very good year…

We have a hell of a lot of talent in this team,its time they showed us what they have learnt and what they can do on the field to instill confidence within the fanbase and club …
I’m willing to say that this team can improve and probably touch on making the 8…that would be a huge improvement on last year and I reckon they can do it if the injury train don’t hit us…

Nope, can’t see us finishing outside the bottom four and it’s only the Elgey injury which gives me any real confidence that we might not come last. The pack’s weak, the halves are defensive liabilities, the outside backs have no depth, the coach is useless and the club is broke. It’s going to be a long year.

I think it’s going to be a tough year, imo the starting team is weaker than last year, and we have no depth. This can only lead to a bottom 4 finish, in fact if we finish with 8 wins I’ll be satisfied.
So, there is little confidence from me, but the last time i thought we were no chance of making the 8 early in the the year, was after the round 1 loss to Parramatta in 2005.
Where there is life there is hope, at least.

Nah , it’ll be the same garbage as previous
Years .
The Sheens /Farah / marshall era . The Potter Farah dramas , The Farah /Taylor fiasco …
Poor management … The list goes on … Over it !
I’d like to be proven wrong though !

@hobbo2803:

Years .
The Sheens /Farah / marshall era . The Potter Farah dramas , The Farah /Taylor fiasco …

Always starts from the top. Outside the football/sports field. Any successful franchise have a very solid foundations of a good organisation. The players and all staff are professional and well rounded people off the field. How has our club looked?

@tsjonathan:

@hobbo2803:

Years .

Always starts from the top. Outside the football/sports field. Any successful franchise have a very solid foundations of a good organisation. The players and all staff are professional and well rounded people off the field. How has our club looked?

Think positive boys,this year could be the start of a new era…a winning one…small steps fellas small steps…

@Icon:

I think it’s going to be a tough year, imo the starting team is weaker than last year, and we have no depth. This can only lead to a bottom 4 finish, in fact if we finish with 8 wins I’ll be satisfied.
So, there is little confidence from me, but the last time i thought we were no chance of making the 8 early in the the year, was after the round 1 loss to Parramatta in 2005.

I definitely disagree about your statement re no depth. Wests Tigers have done a magnificent job with recruitment which hasn’t blown the budget. It will be this depth through recruitment which will be a stimulus to a quite competitive season from our club. So many good new players this year have a chance to play first grade and to make us smile. Players who have seemingly held a mortgage on a first grade spot, i.e. players like Lawrence, Farah and Sironen, know that, despite their reputations, they will have to play at that best week in and week out in order to hold their spot. If not, State Cup awaits them and Taylor will not be afraid to drop them.

@Newtown:

@Icon:

I definitely disagree about your statement re no depth. Wests Tigers have done a magnificent job with recruitment which hasn’t blown the budget. It will be this depth through recruitment which will be a stimulus to a quite competitive season from our club. So many good new players this year have a chance to play first grade and to make us smile. Players who have seemingly held a mortgage on a first grade spot, i.e. players like Lawrence, Farah and Sironen, know that, despite their reputations, they will have to play at that best week in and week out in order to hold their spot. If not, State Cup awaits them and Taylor will not be afraid to drop them.

Counterpoint: we now have a larger number of players who aren’t first-grade standard. This does not qualify as depth.

I’d like to add this: 😉 , but I’m not sure I’m joking.

@TrueTiger:

@tsjonathan:

@hobbo2803:

Years .

Think positive boys,this year could be the start of a new era…a winning one…small steps fellas small steps…

You may well be right TT ?!
But I’m even prepared to have another disastrous season just to see the likes of Farah and Pasty face get the arse !
They can both hold hands as they skip off into the sunset together …
I admire your positivity though !
Wish I could be the same …

I really feel for the young supporters out their ( my young fella included )
Sick of lying to him every week .
"They’ll come good mate "
"Just hang in their "
I no longer feel the highs or lows watching Wests Tigers 😆

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.