Anyone Else Confident ?

@Oxygen:

Bumped into someone today that has a lot to do with the club and I would not say he has a great deal of confidence.
He mentioned Luke Brooks looks like he is seriously considering going to the dogs as he cannot stand playing under Taylor.
Moses will go as well as Taylor has killed off their natural instincts to play what’s in front of them.
Taylor is driving the players mad with a gluten free diet.
This will probably Robbies last year with a deal to be sorted out in ESL.
Balmain no chance of paying off the debt , Wests Ashfield to buy another 25 percent with the other 25 percent being sold off to a private investor.
Madge is extremely unhappy at Souths with the Tigers ready to make a big play for him if he decides to leave , Ivan Cleary is the second choice and has already been sounded out.
As for Taylor he has six weeks to turn it around and the contract is in the clubs favour with no payout required should he be sacked after six weeks.

It was always concerning when word got out in the offseason that both halves would be waiting to take up their option for 2017. Backed up with Teddys comments yesterday about them being frustrated you dont have to be Sherlock holmes to work this one out.
So far this offseaon JT has lost his main men in Reddy + Moss, he lost his power play to remove Farah and was foced by the new CEO to apologise infront of the playing roster. Hes also been stripped of power to construct a roster with the new football operation executive position created to look after that side of things.
Dead man walking.

Oxygen - I Choose not to place much credence in your friend.

I will keep my head in the sand for the first six weeks.

If what he says is true (can’t believe it myself) then all is lost and back to square one. God us all in that case.

@Oxygen:

Bumped into someone today that has a lot to do with the club and I would not say he has a great deal of confidence.
He mentioned Luke Brooks looks like he is seriously considering going to the dogs as he cannot stand playing under Taylor.
Moses will go as well as Taylor has killed off their natural instincts to play what’s in front of them.
Balmain no chance of paying off the debt , Wests Ashfield to buy another 25 percent with the other 25 percent being sold off to a private investor.
Madge is extremely unhappy at Souths with the Tigers ready to make a big play for him if he decides to leave , Ivan Cleary is the second choice and has already been sounded out.
As for Taylor he has six weeks to turn it around and the contract is in the clubs favour with no payout required should he be sacked after six weeks.

Nothing like some real positive news to kick start the season!!! I guess we might as well chuck the towel in now. I know your just the messenger and just passing on some news but in most football clubs their are more leaks than in Canberra and a lot of leaks are started because one faction is trying to over throw another faction. So I really hope this is the case with your information.

If we get off to about 4 wins from about 8 in our first 8 weeks or slightly better a lot of these leaks will go away. As for Brooks and Moses,I hope they stay for life, but if they go,they go, two players do not make a club and like the rest of us you not always going to believe or even like your boss, but bosses come and go

im.nit so sure about this info.

we are quick to death ride…

“gluten free diet” ? Sounds too childish to be true….surely
And if it is untrue, the messenger needs a good kicking

@strrretch:

“gluten free diet” ? Sounds too childish to be true….surely
And if it is untrue, the messenger needs a good kicking

Probably is true, all clubs have dieticians who are employed to make sure the players are given the right diets for the physical demands of football. Every club is trying to find that magical thing that will give them the edge. I just think you have to use a bit of common sense, eat what you like but in moderation

Lots of rumours out there about JT & the squad,not many are good,Wayne Pearce ran into similar problems in his coaching stint,lost the dressing room as not everyone wants to spend all day in the Gym drinking Goats Milk.
We urgently need a Jack Gibson type personality to bash this Club into shape and forge some sort of ID & Culture.

Might not have to be Sherlock Holmes but a course in creative writing always helps…funny stuff…

@goldcoast tiger:

@Tigermama:

@goldcoast tiger:

@Tigermama:

Lets hope your right , about JT picking players on form. I’m not convinced. Will wait and see.

Our recruitment “magnificent” ?
I think adequate might be closer to the truth.
We have picked up some useful buys , ( if they are given the chance) and that’s no certainty.
I must have missed the magnificent signing that we’ve pulled off. Lol

As for being confident, I’d be a lot more confident if our round 1 opponent wasn’t the type of team that always terrifies me as a WTs supporter.
Big, fast , hard forward pack who actually know the meaning of aggression.
If our forward s get smoked( ( as happens often against teams like this), it could get horribly ugly . I just hope that Taylor reminds them that controlled aggression is a good thing for a forward to have. And that they won’t get in trouble if they bruise the opposite forwards
Il gladly accept any type of win in this one, good , bad, or fluke.

The Warriors are my second favourite team GCT… But I hope we blow them off the park :sign:

My 10 year old Grandson has swapped favourites now to the Warriors, he must have more NRL jumpers than Rebel Sports. He’s like a weather vane at the moment. When we get a few wins he’l be back on the WTs bandwagon.
I figure he’ll be about 16 by then 😆

I sometimes wonder if the next 16 year old to see a good Tigers team still won’t be born for another 20 years. And will be from Perth.

If the board did sack Taylor after 6 weeks it would show them to be grossly incompetent. Why sign a coach for 3 yrs only to sack him not even halfway through when he didn’t even have any room to move in the cap. In saying that though I’d take McGuire in a heartbeat. BUT, why would Madge come here? Why are we going to appeal to any top line coach? They sure as hell won’t agree to a long term contract.

@Oxygen:

This all sounds feasible but we will just have to wait and see how much of this is true

@GNR4LIFE:

If the board did sack Taylor after 6 weeks it would show them to be grossly incompetent. Why sign a coach for 3 yrs only to sack him not even halfway through when he didn’t even have any room to move in the cap. In saying that though I’d take McGuire in a heartbeat. BUT, why would Madge come here? Why are we going to appeal to any top line coach? They sure as hell won’t agree to a long term contract.

A lot of money and moses/ brooks re-signed. That would be a good incentive.

@GNR4LIFE:

Yep the board would look like fools but they would view it as a decison of cutting their losses before things get worse, either way it highlights a poor decision made by them.
Madge would be a dream scenario, things would have to turn pretty sour at souths for him to leave but with Rusty running the show its a possibility. Would still think Cleary is the more likely outcome.

Moses and Brooks’ first preference would be to stay together and play with their mates at the Tigers. I think it is going to take a fair bit for them to leave the tigers (and more then likely each other).

Is it a coincidence that the change in structure comes at the same time that they pushed back their decision to extend ? I think not.

If we start winning games early in 2016, they are certainties to extend IMO.

So much rides on the first 12 weeks of the season, its scary just thinking about it. Could be the biggest 12 weeks in our history.

The mates thing is overblown imo. They’re professionals. There’s a saying in sport, you can make friends, or you can make money. If the circumstances are right to leave, it will take more than mateship to persuade them to stay.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.