Teddy ready to wear the blues no1 jumper

• James Tedesco is ready to wear the NSW jumper this year,he said last year he wasn’t ready,but this year could be his year….good read in News.com…NRL…

Any thoughts guys and girls…

I reckon he could be a big chance…

• Doesn’t matter how good he is, it was proven yrs ago the NSW team is selected on politics. It’s not about the best players getting picked. And they wonder why they’ve lost the last 9 out 10 series.

• Wests Tigers fullback James Tedesco declares he’s ready to wear the No. 1 jersey for the Blues
    February 19, 20167:01am

JAMES Tedesco has two goals in 2016: Rediscovering the flare the Wests Tigers lost last year and wearing the fullback jumper for NSW in State of Origin.

With Josh Dugan hopeful of shifting to the centres at the Dragons, and Penrith’s Matt Moylan a chance of moving into the halves, Tedesco could find himself the only regular starting fullback in the box seat to wear the NSW No. 1 jumper.

“Last year I wasn’t ready, and I was just happy to get the full season under the belt,” Tedesco told the Daily Telegraph.

“I’ve done that, and if I can continue my form from last year, or even better it, then I’m a chance to play Origin.”

It will be a case of lights, camera and plenty of action for Tedesco and the Tigers this season with the superstar No.1 echoing the sentiment of teammates and saying the joint venture has been given a licence to entertain.

The Tigers narrowly avoided the wooden spoon last season, and while they still scored more overall points than finalists Melbourne, Cronulla, South Sydney and St George Illawarra, there were also half a dozen games they bored fans with 12 points or less.

Tedesco, Mitchell Moses and Luke Brooks will get the chance to enertain when they line up in against Cronulla at Campbelltown tomorrow night.

“Last year ‘JT’ came in with a structure he wanted us to play with, but this year’s he’s loosened the reins a bit there, and given more control to Mitch and Brooksy,’’ Tedesco told The Daily Telegraph.

“The way they play, they have certain strengths, they’ve been playing together years, so JT has listened to them more, listened to the players and how we want to play.

“There were times last year we couldn’t score a try because we were just trying to complete our sets.

“It was probably more frustrating for the halves because they couldn’t get their plays on, and they were more getting the ball and kicking.

“But JT and his assistant coaches want me, Mitch and Brooksy to have the most touches in the team, to have more than 30 touches, and they’ve told us the more we’re involved, the more chance we’ll have of scoring points or creating plays.

“Having Farah there, he also knows when to give the boys some early ball and let us play, or when to take on the line.

“The first few rounds we’ll want to play sensible footy, but there is a chance for some flair when we complete our sets and we’re playing some good footy.’’

Some of the criticism directed at Taylor early last year was the structures he implemented, which worked so well at his former club the Sydney Roosters, but stifled the natural attacking games of Brooks and Moses.

One time the Tigers did throw caution to the wind was at Campbelltown when they posted 50 points against the New Zealand Warriors.

Tedesco, 23, has had to lay off the upper-body weights because of his extra bulk _ he’s weighing close to 97kg _ and looked fitter than ever as he took part in a recent Fox Sports promotional TV shoot.

• Hopefully the extra bulk doesn’t come at the expense of his speed.

• Thank you Willow for the link,greatly appreciated…

• @willow:

Hopefully the extra bulk doesn’t come at the expense of his speed.

Agree Willow,but I reckon a bit more bulk will help toughen him for when the grubs try and belt him when he explodes through the defensive lines…or when he is tacked and they try the grubby tactics when he is on the ground…pretty sure he will be the one they target the most this year…he is our dynamite man…

• “The first few rounds we’ll want to play sensible footy, but there is a chance for some flair when we complete our sets and we’re playing some good footy.’’

that’s what i like to hear. complete sets first, put the opposition on the back foot then bring on the fancy plays.

• Nothing he cant do. All the best Teddy!!

• So obviously from Tedesco’s quotes it’s been confirmed what we have always suspected that the kids were restricted in how they played the game last year and looking back it’s easy to understand the frustration they were showing on the field.

It wouldn’t be easy I imagine for players that play on instincts to all of a sudden be told that your playing structured and not what you see in front of you.

I remember listening to an interview with Chris Sandow last year when Parramatta finally released him and he said pretty much the reason he was in Reserve Grade was that he wasn’t allowed to play what he saw and that his game is all about instincts and taking the line on.

Like Tedesco said " there were times last year we couldn’t score a Try because we were just trying to complete our sets " and also " it was probably more frustrating for the halves because they couldn’t get there plays on, and they were more getting the ball and kicking.

Teddy knows they were frustrated not probably……anyway JT has given himself every opportunity in improving from last year ( in loosening the reins) cause had he not done that? I have my doubts that he would be the Coach in 2017 or there might of been a chance Brooks and Moses would go elsewhere and be allowed to play there natural game…something has to give.

It’s about getting the balance right and knowing where you can do certain Plays depending where your attacking from and the level of risk it has, e.g 20 metres out from your line, tackle 1 is a high risk play trying to throw the ball around obviously.

I’m intrigued to see how we go tomorrow.

Rip in Wests Tigers.

• I can understand why JT wanted the halves to play tight last year….he wanted them to learn the ropes on how to play in the NRL…get the basics in steering team around the park…now they have 1 year up their sleeve watch them play a more natural game in 2016…

• Hopefully they somehow got a sense of how to build pressure at NRL level last year, and can balance that with their attacking flair this year…

• @willow:

“Last year ‘JT’ came in with a structure he wanted us to play with, but this year’s he’s loosened the reins a bit there, and given more control to Mitch and Brooksy,’’ Tedesco told The Daily Telegraph.

“The way they play, they have certain strengths, they’ve been playing together years, so JT has listened to them more, listened to the players and how we want to play.

“There were times last year we couldn’t score a try because we were just trying to complete our sets.

“It was probably more frustrating for the halves because they couldn’t get their plays on, and they were more getting the ball and kicking.

“But JT and his assistant coaches want me, Mitch and Brooksy to have the most touches in the team, to have more than 30 touches, and they’ve told us the more we’re involved, the more chance we’ll have of scoring points or creating plays.

“Having Farah there, he also knows when to give the boys some early ball and let us play, or when to take on the line.

“The first few rounds we’ll want to play sensible footy, but there is a chance for some flair when we complete our sets and we’re playing some good footy.’’

Some of the criticism directed at Taylor early last year was the structures he implemented, which worked so well at his former club the Sydney Roosters, but stifled the natural attacking games of Brooks and Moses.

Hmmmmmm

Certain people won’t like those quotes from Teddie. How dare he bag Taylor’s tactics. I wonder if he will be subject to plenty of vitriol?

Seems the players are mostly on the same page anyway. Awfully similar the stuff they have been saying about the game plans from early last year. God forbid maybe they were a bit too rigid and din’t play to our strengths. Although i should add, What would they know though, the players that are there 24/7? Compared to certain people on the forums who have way more inside info.

One thing on teddy though, doesn’t matter what tactics you use he will be a star. Just a real footballer. Should be NSW 1.

• ForumSupporter

Yep Teddy is a Star…

Hope the team can hold the football long enough to see the razzle dazzle…

• @Eddie:

@willow:

Hmmmmmm

Certain people won’t like those quotes from Teddie. How dare he bag Taylor’s tactics. I wonder if he will be subject to plenty of vitriol?

Seems the players are mostly on the same page anyway. Awfully similar the stuff they have been saying about the game plans from early last year. God forbid maybe they were a bit too rigid and din’t play to our strengths. Although i should add, What would they know though, the players that are there 24/7? Compared to certain people on the forums who have way more inside info.

One thing on teddy though, doesn’t matter what tactics you use he will be a star. Just a real footballer. Should be NSW 1.

The only one making a big deal of these things is you.

Let it go.

• Sorry I couldn’t let this one go through to the keeper

I get hammered all the time by people on the forum about this topic of game plans all the time which is fine. Everyones opinion is different and valid. Its good spirited debate

Its just interesting when a few players come out and say some of the same stuff I was saying thats all. People who are around the joint all the time. Thats all.

Recent Topics