Luke Brooks undecided on future. Admits he could leave Tigers

• Wests Tigers halfback Luke Brooks says he remains undecided on his future beyond this season and has refused to rule out leaving the club.

Brooks and halves partner Mitch Moses have been given permission to delay a decision on whether to take up an option in their contracts for 2017 until June.

Both playmakers made the judgement to focus on playing consistent footy, which was fully supported by the Tigers.

This has opened the door for rival NRL teams to reportedly show interest in Brooks, including the Bulldogs.

The 21-year-old halfback says he is humbled by the attention, especially when he has only ever donned the orange and black of the Tigers.

“This is the only club I’ve played at, so it is a bit weird seeing me linked to other clubs,” Brooks told The Daily Telegraph.

“I’ve got an option in my favour for next year, so I’ve got to make a decision by June.

“I’ll just wait and see what happens.

“But for now I’m just focused on training well and getting right for the season.”

Tigers coach Jason Taylor remains optimistic Brooks and Moses will commit to the club beyond this season, but he is also staying realistic.

“We are hopeful they will stay, but if they don’t we’ll have to move on,” Taylor concedes.

“But we want them to stay at the club — there is no doubt about that.

“They’ve got some decisions to make and they’ll make them based on what they think is best for them going forward.”

Taylor also reinforced the fact he and the club were happy for Brooks and Moses to delay a decision on their futures.

“We were as keen for that as they were,” he said frankly.

“That was an amicable decision on everyone’s part.

“It was good for us as well just to take the pressure off them, get into the season and we’ll go from there.”

Moses also faces an uncertain future at the Tigers and while he’d like to play out his career alongside his former Balmain junior in Brooks, he knows it might not eventuate.

“I’d love to play with Luke for my whole career, but that is probably not going to happen,” Moses concedes.

“It could happen, you never know.

“But with player movement and salary cap issues, some people might need to move on.”

Moses admits he was far from happy with his form last season and has vowed to repay coach Taylor’s faith in 2016.

“It definitely wasn’t me and I was different player last season, but JT backed me every week,” he said.

“I copped that much criticism, but I played every game.

“I wasn’t happy with the way I was playing.

“I probably shouldn’t have played that many games, but he (Taylor) was patient with me.

“Now I’ve got that whole year under my belt I think I’m in for a big year.

“This is the year I’ve been playing for.”

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/teams/tigers/luke-brooks-undecided-on-his-future-admits-he-could-leave-tigers/news-story/ac13828bb9dbad201de8030705ff9b67?utm_content=SocialFlow&utm_campaign=EditorialSF&utm_source=TelegraphSport&utm_medium=Facebook

• I say let him go. Over hearing about it.

• Is he the only one that’s seen him linked to other clubs?
    Coz I havent seen anything
    Sounds like these articles are an attempt to prepare fans for bad news?

• I now he s a naturally stocky build, but Brooks seemed to be carrying extra weight, looked a bit fat, was surprised by that. Performed well on the day though, and really that is all that matters
    I liked Moses comments, his attitude, and his performance, looking good

• Not going to look good if either of them leave after letting go of Martin.

• Talking up his value as his Manager would be instructing him to do . His not going anywhere .

If he was to ? we are doomed as i have no doubt Teddy will follow suit and the reason for it all ? the Farah and JT saga. Just my Opinion .

• @Sabre:

Not going to look good if either of them leave after letting go of Martin.

Yep and all that investment on these kids to start all over again .

• If playing with their mates is the only thing keeping these guys at the club, idk why anyone would want them. There’s clearly no pride in the jumper if they’re going to throw their toys out of the cot if one of their mates signs elsewhere. This is a professional (use that term loosely) sports organization, not a boys club

• Highly doubt they will leave, playing together at the Tigers is what’s best for both of them imo. Especially after teddy stayed to play with them. They were Both tigers fans growing up too. Would be a massive kick in the guts for them to leave after the club has put so much faith in them, paying overs etc

• Brooks is a high school educated 21yo who stands to earn $600k next year if he stays with the Tigers and he is umming and arrring whether to accept the option and sign on or leave.

Helllooo young Brooks, how many of your mates are even on 1/10th of your salary and your talking like your crap doesn’t stink…

Yes Brooks the Tigers, the club that has nurtured and developed you are offering you $600k to stay next year…and you can’t even acknowledge that…I say get lost now…Littlejohn who would be on less than $120k and WANTED to join this club for an opportunity will do me anyday.

• @foreveratiger:

Talking up his value as his Manager would be instructing him to do . His not going anywhere .

If he was to ? we are doomed as i have no doubt Teddy will follow suit and the reason for it all ? the Farah and JT saga. Just my Opinion .

I think at worst they will take up their options for 2017 and see how things go without Farah around.

• @Sabre:

Not going to look good if either of them leave after letting go of Martin.

When you consider Moses at half and Martin 5/8 it would be a real low act to leave especially knowing the club was letting Martin go to keep him!

• We just need to have a decent season. Win some games and avoid scandal, because I don’t know how long the team is viable if we can’t do those two.

Win and everything will change, including the tone of Brooks and Moses about staying or leaving.

• Of course he is going to say he is willing to go elsewhere, he wants as many clubs as possible to show interest and force his price up.

If he came out and said the Tigers were 99% certain of getting my signature if they made a offer that was close to my other offers a lot of clubs would not bother going through with process of making a offer.

Not saying he will not move on, but its just the normal stuff a player who is coming off contract and is in demand would say

• Banned

Would really suck if he left.

However, when Rankin went to fullback last night he was so confident getting into first and 2nd reciever. He looked a natural playmaker. I think he will get frustrated playing on the wing.

If Brooks left Moses at 7 and Rankin at 6 would work.

Recent Topics