Who cheated and turned on the radio?

Sat down to a great afternoon of watching the footy, and refused to listen to the radio broadcast.
After 15 minutes of watching the game on channel 9 I turned on the radio. If the game continued in the same way I was going for a walk.
The first half by the Tigers was woeful.
I also discovered that watching Sunday afternnon footy on 9 is woeful -way too many ads so the flow of the game is interrupted and Ray and Phil remind me of my parents constantly having a go at one another.
If the Tigers play on a Sunday I will listen to the radio before waiting for the Channel 9 delayed telecast.

considering i had 100 on the tigers -2.5 over 46.5 into swans plus 13.5 into western bulldogs - 44.5 im very surprised i didnt check the score but it took great self restraint lol. and yes 9’s delay coverage sucks an add every 7 minutes of game time

I cheated. Checked the result at half time.

@king sirro:

and after you did find out the result, did you wish you didnt?

at the 30 minute mark the phone rang … i thought do i answer this …my mate says hi and wants to chats about his holiday … i knew we had won there and then his mood was too happy … he is like golden during a match so that gave it away … i couldnt help but ask what the score was … channel nine sucks big time …a try a five minute ad break… it kind of takes the gloss off the game …

Was going to log onto the net at 22-22…Todd carney kept popping into my mind…but didnt cheat though, no fingernails left either

I always follow the first half, then watch 25 minutes of the second. If we are losing by the 65th minute, I check the score. If we are winning, equal or close enough, I continue watching.

Never. Unless I’m out and can’t watch it - I never listen to the radio or check the score if we have a delayed TV game. I turn te mobile off, and put the home phone off the hook.

FWIW - the Ch9 delayed telecast coverage is so poor and filled with adds it almost makes it impossible to watch. The 2nd Friday night game is even worse than the Sunday game. I have to mentally prepare myself before the match to expect adds every 5 minutes - it’s a bloody disgrace!

I have to cheat all the time - at 57 i don’t think my heart could stand watching the Tigers without knowing the score - on another side it must be boring supporting the other 15 sides inthe NRL

i listened up until the second raiders try then got angry and left the internet alone
i watched the rest on delay and was happy to have done so

@ron burgandy:

@king sirro:

and after you did find out the result, did you wish you didnt?

Yeh, but i just couldnt handle how we were playing, i was going nuts. Had a nice relaxing 2nd half lol. But your right, would have been great to watch if i didnt know the result.

I was there live. It was horrible for the first 39 minutes.

With under 10 to go and being up by 1 point, I turned to my mate and said, " I hate supporting the Tigers! It’s be nice to have a game wrapped up before this point."

As it turned out we won by 13, but we scored 2 tries in the last 2 1/2 minutes. Nerve wracking stuff.

I checked the score at about 3:45 or so and we were losing 22-4. I decided to watch on tv just to see how it all unfolded. Knowing the worst made it a bit more bearable in the end…

@ron burgandy:

considering i had 100 on the tigers -2.5 over 46.5 into swans plus 13.5 into western bulldogs - 44.5 im very surprised i didnt check the score but it took great self restraint lol. and yes 9’s delay coverage sucks an add every 7 minutes of game time

That seems a big win, isn’t it?

I didn’t cheat. I thought the father would spoil it when he came home but he was quiet and not prancing around saying how bad the Tigers are.

i didnt and im bloody glad i didnt! would have ruined an awesome game.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme