Idris kidnap attempt

Apparently Jamal Idris was the victim of a kidnap attempt in Vietnam while on a Contiki tour. Not sure how common this is , or whether he had a few to many and started wandering into neighbourhoods that he should not have been in.

http://www.sportsfan.com.au/league-player-idris-in-attempted-kidnap/tabid/91/newsid/189107/default.aspx?ref=BP_LINKLIST_sportsfan_1_-league-player-idris-in-attempted-kidnap_210216

I’ve seen some really dodgy things overseas, no matter what happens in this country, we’re still by far one of the safest places in the world.

Not surprised the kidnap attempt failed. Idris is a mountain man. Big, strong boy.
They would’ve had their hands full trying to contain him.

I travelled through Vietnam a bit, and got off the beaten track, Im surprised this happend, felt like a super safe place.
Plenty of other places I felt less than safe, that said, things like this happen everywhere.

@Tigermama:

Not surprised the kidnap attempt failed. Idris is a mountain man. Big, strong boy.
They would’ve had their hands full trying to contain him.

The locals would’ve got a months worth of feeds off of that carcass.

I used to live in Ho Chi Minh.
It’s great but still dangerous.
I’d suspect the big fella was flashing too much cash about. You need to be discrete because eyes are always on you.

@stryker:

I’d suspect the big fella was flashing too much cash about. You need to be discrete because eyes are always on you.

I have met him in Byron, he is as friendly as hell to strangers.

I’m sure he is. Seems a nice bloke. What I meant was he may have accidently let locals see he was carrying a wad.
Tourists do this a lot in the bars or markets. You’d be amazed how connected the drivers are and they’re always watching lol.

@stryker:

Yep,i play Golf with a Travel Agent that spends a bit of time up there,Crims. are starting to get more brazen the last few years,slowly catching up with the rest of Asia as far as Crime goes.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.