Lots going against us

• Well a week ago I was quite happy with the progression of the season. Having Brooks and Halatua out didn’t phase me, Edwards was a loss for mine but then we loss our most experienced player in Farah. Alarm bells went off and too add to that I hear the Warriors were beaten quite convincingly by none other than the dragons.
    Also it would seem Jt has Lovett infront of Chee Kam now also. Warriors will be smarting with the trial loss and we are sending out a fairly inexperienced team. Then I thought to myself well ‘I do support the Wests Tigers’ and I love supporting my team and hope they go well against this mob Saturday week. :supporter: :righton:

• A weeks a long time……

• Why is it that people assume that a team that gets flogged will turn it around the next week? Sometimes a flogging is actually an indication of long-term ability.

• @maxxy86:

Well a week ago I was quite happy with the progression of the season. Having Brooks and Halatua out didn’t phase me, Edwards was a loss for mine but then we loss our most experienced player in Farah. Alarm bells went off and too add to that I hear the Warriors were beaten quite convincingly by none other than the dragons.
    Also it would seem Jt has Lovett infront of Chee Kam now also. Warriors will be smarting with the trial loss and we are sending out a fairly inexperienced team. Then I thought to myself well ‘I do support the Wests Tigers’ and I love supporting my team and hope they go well against this mob Saturday week. :supporter: :righton:

I know what you mean Maxxy. But sort of glad the hiccups are early on in the season, instead of later on. We’re still in with a chance…Got my fingers crossed :slight_smile:

• Another stat is how many have they lost on the trot now 6 or 7??? Every loss is closer to your next win they say.

• We aren’t the only side with issues

We just have to deal with them as best as we can

• We do have a little bit of history on our side - The Warriors haven’t won a round 1 game since 2009.

2015 - Away to Knights, Lost 24-14
    2014 - Away to Parramatta, Lost 36-16
    2013 - Away to Parramatta, Lost 40-10
    2012 - Home to Manly, Lost 26-20
    2011 - Home to Parramatta, Lost 24-18
    2010 - Away to Gold Coast, Lost 24-18

They have had some nasty looking losses to a few pretty ordinary teams in the opening round over those years. No reason why history cant repeat.

• Trial form should be disregarded

• Im a very pragmatic guy, I’m not expecting to make the Semi Finals in 2016.

My hope is that our Team can build the combos, build out their defensive Reputation and keep JT for another year.

wins we get will be rarer than I would like.

I hope I am very very wrong.

• Positives
    1….it’s a home game
    2… Trial form solid
    3…new recruits look good
    4…team looks to be pretty tight bunch
    5…JT has them playing with some flair

Negatives
    1…Farah,Brooks and Halatau will be in the stands
    2…goal kicking could be a worry
    3…dummy half and defensive issues with no Farah
    4…warriors on paper look good after some very good recruitment

The way I see it, we will win by a couple or get belted. Early season games are usually a lottery and the new interchange rule could play into our hands. Another point,refs are usually perdandic in early season games with new rules and a crack down on old ones and the Warriors are not known for their discipline. I am still leaning our way but with bugger all confidence

• Whilst we have a few guys out with injury and suspension we ain’t Robinson Crusoe there. I know trial form is unreliable but we did seem to show a lot more creativity and energy against the Sharks who look like a top 8 side this year. We really seemed to roar back into the contest when Cherry came on. This might have been partly because of Robbie’s first half injury but whatever the reason we looked a lot more dangerous. I assume Taylor will split the 9 between Cherry and Jacob Liddle who, like Cherry, is going to be one of the premier 9’s in the NRL in years to come. I think we’re a real chance against the Warriors!

• @supercoach:

Positives
    1….it’s a home game
    2… Trial form solid
    3…new recruits look good
    4…team looks to be pretty tight bunch
    5…JT has them playing with some flair

Negatives
    1…Farah,Brooks and Halatau will be in the stands
    2…goal kicking could be a worry
    3…dummy half and defensive issues with no Farah
    4…warriors on paper look good after some very good recruitment

The way I see it, we will win by a couple or get belted. Early season games are usually a lottery and the new interchange rule could play into our hands. Another point,refs are usually perdandic in early season games with new rules and a crack down on old ones and the Warriors are not known for their discipline. I am still leaning our way but with bugger all confidence

I agree with just about all of that however if Maxwell gets the whistle we will get penalised out of the game

• Jadtiger–-Maxwell is one of the better refs these days,Badger, Klein and a few others are the ones to be scared of. Old horse head hated us in his early days but seems to have mellowed on us in his old age. Maybe he finally got over being crashed tackled at Cambo

• Banned

Luke someone said, any team that loses the startimg 9 and 7 usually struggle. But for some reason i feel we are well prepared for it and will win. Moses will have a higher involvement to cover for Brooks.

We will win our forst 2 then when hot favorites against the Titans we will lose.

• Warriors will win more than their fair share this year you’d think.

So to get them early, before the new players have clicked, might be the best time.

No Farah and Brooks will hurt.

Recent Topics