Goal kicking - it's going to cost us

No qualms with Benji - love his play, but
is there a more consistent goal kicker who will pot us more two pointers???
When Benji lined up the half way penalty kick Johns discussed the wrong placement of the ball for getting distance. Made me think that Benji shouldn’t have the job (isn’t he trained by Johns??).

He has done work with Jason Taylor in kicking recently - and general work Matty Johns over the years (general kicks - not goal kicking). I don’t believe Andrew Johns has worked with him, but I might be wrong.

He and Laawrence are our two best kickers. Benji is usually a 75-80% kicker. I’m backing he will return to form before long.

Great conversion today from the sideline but all in all his misses must be up over 20 points by now. If he keeps this form up by seasons end he will owe us 100 points

moltzen can kick
so can mitch brown

wat bout robbie hes has had a few shots over the yrs

as a goal kicker myself
i think the major problem would be his ribs atm the moment
i took a knock to my ribs in a game last yr
n it made very uncomfortable to pass and kick ( missed 3 from infront) before i suffered the knock was 4 from
4 all from wide out
so i think he should hand over the duties while his ribs are heeling once they are heeled im sure he will back to kicking
how we kno he can

Hmmmm.

Benji kicks them at training.

But he is just not good enough as a permanant 1st grade kicker.

pretty harsh markers today 5/7 with one from 50 mtrs

He is leading the NRL in points despite the horrible percentage. WOW!

@Magpie69:

Agree totally

although…. to throw a spanner in the work… Bring back Mr P Richards lol

stick with benji he done some extra work on his goalkicking last week and has improved

@Magpie69:

It always helps when you score 4 tries under the post 😛

I wouldn’t mind seeing how someone else would go, but I don’t know if Lawrence or Moltzen would be better because I haven’t seen them kick.

So I’d give him a couple more rounds, just as long as Robbie doesn’t start kicking again!

I think benji will start coming into form… he got the goal from the sideline against raiders…
… but still last year we lost a couple of games by 1 - 2 points…
where kicking the goals wouldve won us the match… i have faith in benji to lift his game…

@Jazza:

@Magpie69:

It always helps when you score 4 tries under the post 😛

I wouldn’t mind seeing how someone else would go, but I don’t know if Lawrence or Moltzen would be better because I haven’t seen them kick.

So I’d give him a couple more rounds, just as long as Robbie doesn’t start kicking again!

Robbie kicked at 70% which is better than what Benji is doing.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme