Some great news for all Rugby League fans

Droning on about how good the Block and the Farmer wants a Wife are in between sets. As if Gould or Rabs would watch that crap… What an embarrassment and an insult to your integrity.

@Geo.:

Meh …I have Fox…every game…every minute…add free during play… all in high definition …no dribblers.well except Andy Raymond…that blokes a dud…

Always look forward to the Fox games …Ch9 is a joke they talk garbage all game the only saving grace this season they have HD and that is the only good point

@happy tiger:

Rabbits is retiring :wahoo:

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/2016/02/26/12/35/ray-warren-set-to-retire-at-end-of-2016-nrl-season

Good…way too late imo, well past his use by silly old fool
Only problem we still have a year to go of him

Messup hung around too long too

@innsaneink:

@happy tiger:

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/2016/02/26/12/35/ray-warren-set-to-retire-at-end-of-2016-nrl-season

Good…way too late imo, well past his use by silly old fool
Only problem we still have a year to go of him

Messup hung around too long too

Not only do we have another year of him we’ll probably have to endure a whole heap of “Farewell Rabs” related crap throughout the season…and that in an Olympics year with bloody Bruce McAvaney the most annoying, cloying commentator of all 😒

Well I think he has been one of the great RL callers we have ever had - rates alongside Frank Hyde and Tiger Black in my book.

Probably has stayed a little too long but he is still a good caller. It is the idiots they have with him that is the problem - Cameron Williams (what I know about League I can write on the back of a postage stamp) thank God he has gone. Phil Gould who is one of the most astute judges in the game and insists on talking rubbish throughout the game and just enjoys baiting Rabs for his own enjoyment - and makes them both seem like idiots.

Unfortunately there is not a lot of replacements in the wings - Hadley who is not bad if he concentrates on the football, Voss who is absolutely hopeless, Tim Gilbert who tries hard but along way short at this stage. There was a guy who called a couple of games at the end of last season who was pretty good but I can’t remember his name - he is the best of a bad lot.

Thanks for the memories Rabs - have enjoyed listening to you since the Amco Cup nights at Leichhardt - All the best Champ, happy retirement when you think time is up.

I was coached by rabbits as a 13 year old and 1 thing I can say about him is his passion and love of rugby league is unquestionable.

Rabs might love the game, but so do plenty of other people……and they could probably commentate better.

Roll on years end i say

I think he’s past his use by date as many have also said and yes there are probably better candidates than him, but his efforts and services to rugby league shouldn’t be muddied just because he stayed on a little too long

I’m more concerned about his health. Doesn’t sound like he is doing very well at all.

@Russell:

Phil Gould who is one of the most astute judges in the game and insists on talking rubbish throughout the game and just enjoys baiting Rabs for his own enjoyment - and makes them both seem like idiots.

This frustrates me too. Just makes them look like 2 senile old blokes in a nursing home.

@Russell:

There was a guy who called a couple of games at the end of last season who was pretty good but I can’t remember his name - he is the best of a bad lot.

Matt Thompson?

Rabbs’ form has been waning over the years. I’d rather Gould retired, though. And Wally. And the races caller (what’s his name again?). Actually, get rid of the whole team except Sterlo.

Here, here to Fox. Great coverage. Good buildup, solid commentary and a great experience watching the coverage overall. I can sit down and watch a whole Super Saturday [somtimes 3 games on the trot, four or five if you include NSW Cup/U20], but one Friday night game on 9 is a ****ing struggle.

@Nelson:

@innsaneink:

@happy tiger:

Not only do we have another year of him we’ll probably have to endure a whole heap of “Farewell Rabs” related crap throughout the season…and that in an Olympics year with bloody Bruce McAvaney the most annoying, cloying commentator of all 😒[/

Nelson, so true!

I could never stand the guy, would never shut up and let enjoy the game in half peace. I would squirm every time I heard his warning “and bet responsibility” - we all know his shocking gambling record.

I went to a luncheon a couple of years ago where he was the guest speaker and I couldnt get over the arrogance of the man! He has himself on such a high pedestal, and then had the nerve to make a smart comment that they made him go 10 minutes over time because the MC asked him to answer a couple of questions from the crown. He got a statue for crying out loud! What a waste of melted down two x=cent pieces!!

The quicker he retires and Vossy or someone similar takes over the better.

Foxtel commentary >

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.