Some great news for all Rugby League fans

@happy tiger:

To the people who have access to both Fox and Ch 9 who do you watch ??

I haven’t watched Ch 9 once since I’ve had access to both

Ch 9’s rating must be way down with the NRL ……

Fox all the way

Fox. It’s sooo good watching it ad-free and not have to put up with Rabbits, Johns and co.
It’s well overdue.

@Tigermama:

Fox. It’s sooo good watching it ad-free and not have to put up with Rabbits, Johns and co.

Well at least with Fox’s Johns he is only there pre and post game TM 😆

@happy tiger:

@Tigermama:

Well at least with Fox’s Johns he is only there pre and post game TM 😆

That’s the down side of it Happy. 👿 I can’t stand Matty and the rest of the clowns he’s with.

@tigers05:

He arguably may be off the pace I don’t know. I don’t watch in on nine prefer fox no commercials. Though what I do know is he does not deserve to be called. Fleabag. I’m sure he’s ear to that respect over the years.

Don’t get too cut up about it mate, fleabag as in something that is way past its use-by-date. Rabbs is certainly that.

@happy tiger:

To the people who have access to both Fox and Ch 9 who do you watch ??

I haven’t watched Ch 9 once since I’ve had access to both

Ch 9’s rating must be way down with the NRL ……

Something about Fox just doesn’t seem to do justice to the big games IMO, especially the Grand Final. To me Rabbs, Gus, Sterlo and Fatty are the voices of GF day, anyone
else seems inadequate in comparison. Gus and Sterlo in particular for me seem to add drama and expert football knowledge to the big moments of big games.
Smith, Alexander and co just seem to be better suited to lesser matches such as Thursday and Monday nights.

I agree. Channel nine do the big games better but for the season proper it’s Foxtel by a long way. Their pre and post game shows just add to it. …Super Saturday is awesome.

I won’t watch any nine games this year bar the three origins and finals series.

@stryker:

I agree. Channel nine do the big games better but for the season proper it’s Foxtel by a long way. Their pre and post game shows just add to it. …Super Saturday is awesome.

Then again , how can we compare Stryker ??

Fox haven’t had a chance to host a SOO game live or semi final live

Fox for me - will only watch 9 when i am unable to watch on Fox - will even watch Foxtel Go on tablet or laptop over channel 9.

Would be interesting to see if nines market share they had on Fridays has been diminished by much.

@happy tiger:

@stryker:

True.
Just think the over the top excitement of Gus, Sterlo, King Wal, Joey, Locky, Freddy and Fatty lends itself to Origin.
Those guys love it. They get upset when their state loses.
Fox really only has Billy on the same level.

@happy tiger:

@stryker:

When Fox have had their own commentators doing finals games and the GF the last few years - even though its a delayed telecast- it just doesn’t have a finals feel to it for mine,it just seems like another standard game. Im probably just old fashioned though- night GF’s suck as well, would love to see it revert back to an arvo game. Seems to have so much more soul and mystique as an arvo game- shadows lengthening across the ground as the game wears on etc, its brilliant.

@Fade To Black:

@happy tiger:

@stryker:

When Fox have had their own commentators doing finals games and the GF the last few years - even though its a delayed telecast- it just doesn’t have a finals feel to it for mine,it just seems like another standard game. Im probably just old fashioned though- night GF’s suck as well, would love to see it revert back to an arvo game. Seems to have so much more soul and mystique as an arvo game- shadows lengthening across the ground as the game wears on etc, its brilliant.

But you know the result FTB and they don’t usually have Vossy call the GF

Even if you didn’tknow the result though Happy, it just isn’t the same IMO. It is like watching the cricket and having to listen to Tubby, Brayshaw, Healy and that Pommy shirtlifting fella instead of Benaud, Chappell, Bill and Tony. For someone brought up listening to certain commentators all your life the newer breed pale in comparison.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.