With it all said and done, how do you feel about Scott Prince?

Did what he thought was best for his family

No one should be judged when making those decisions

I was pissed at the time , but you get on with life

We got the best years out of him and he played a massive part in our GF win but he did leave us with a bad taste in our mouths with his long drawn out contract negations.

As I recall Scott Prince was one of those young players that had massive wraps on him as a young player and never quite lived up to it, partly due to some shocking injuries. When Sheens brought him to the Tigers I was not overly impressed, however he proved to be a great signing. I was shocked when he decided to leave cause he played his career best footy with us, and had a great combo with Benji.
Found it hard to watch him with the Titans the first year without being dirty - now just see him as our GF halfback,

@greatodensraven:

Hold on I reckon guys like teddy, brooks, siro & moses love the club. They’re juniors, played their whole careers with us. Sure teddy signed with the raiders but changed his mind to stay with his mates.

You contradict yourself here. You say you think they love the club, but Teddy changed his mind to stay with his mates. Does that mean if his mates were gone he would have gone to the Raiders? Or he loves the club, does that mean he’d have still stayed without them?

He came, fulfilled his contractual obligations, and left.
Was glad he was part of wests-tigers maiden premiership.
Nothing more, nothing less.

@Defiant:

He has to be a club legend the way he and the team clicked in 2005.

Sadly I thought he pretty much dogged it for us in 2006 after signing with the Titans.

Hoped for a dynasty around that time 😮 :deadhorse:

I actually thought he was one of our best in 2006. Farah got the player of the year award but I thought Prince put in given the injuries around him. He played all 24 games.

I don’t have him as a legend though.

Great player for us and we probably got him at his best. He was a key part of our grand final win.

Still he just upped and left and it never felt right to me.

@stevetiger:

Great player for us and we probably got him at his best. He was a key part of our grand final win.

Another made up excuse - “My wife wants to drive an ambulance” so I have to go back over the border to oblivion - hope she is still enjoying that experience- Yeah right!

@Russell:

@stevetiger:

Another made up excuse - “My wife wants to drive an ambulance” so I have to go back over the border to oblivion - hope she is still enjoying that experience- Yeah right!

The wife thing was pretty pathetic wasn’t it.

@Newtown:

He made Benji the legend.

I agree with half your statement. Prince did help Benji to look good at times. Predominately 2005. But Benji - Legend?

Surely you jest?

It was pretty weak seeing him turn up to post match pressos in 06 ( when he could be bothered) with meathead personal security flanking him either side…. I recall one of these clowns dressed in designer denim bib n brace overalls with no shirt… Was hilarious

@stryker:

One of our 2005 heroes, maybe THE 2005 hero… but not a club legend.

Agreed.

@shane2801:

@Newtown:

He made Benji the legend.

I agree with half your statement. Prince did help Benji to look good at times. Predominately 2005. But Benji - Legend?

Surely you jest?

Yes, Benji had random flashes of attacking brilliance but far short of legend status.

I really like Prince. One of my favorite players. His combo with Benji was outstanding. Disapointing after 2005 but so was Whatuira, Richards leaving, Laffranchi leaving, Hodgo a little up and down etc…

If prince was with us in the 09-11 period we would’ve won another.

The club never found a good half after he left.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.