With it all said and done, how do you feel about Scott Prince?

@Fade To Black:

Huh? They did perform and they did win. Not sure what you mean.

Maybe in the earlier rounds of 2005 they were not winning all games of course, did he do a Farah and lock up shop or what?

@Byron Bay Fan:

@Fade To Black:

Maybe in the earlier rounds of 2005 they were not winning all games of course, did he do a Farah and lock up shop or what?

Read the post mate it said in the LATER parts of the year. We didn’t drop too many then except for the last couple games vs melb and penrith-thought we would crash and burn out of the finals easily after those dismal efforts.

@GNR4LIFE:

@greatodensraven:

Hold on I reckon guys like teddy, brooks, siro & moses love the club. They’re juniors, played their whole careers with us. Sure teddy signed with the raiders but changed his mind to stay with his mates.

You contradict yourself here. You say you think they love the club, but Teddy changed his mind to stay with his mates. Does that mean if his mates were gone he would have gone to the Raiders? Or he loves the club, does that mean he’d have still stayed without them?

You’ve got me there GNR. I’d like to think it’s a bit of both. But how much do you attribute the make-up of a club to the players? To the fans, & club history? Could argue that forever.

Basically I’m just tired of hearing things like “the Tigers don’t have a strong culture” or “our players don’t love the club” etc. just because they’re a young team who’ve been copping hidings more often than not in a very tough competition over the past couple of years.

Anyways hopefully this experience, some decent trial form & this talk of a new “culture” in the club will bring about a better 2016!

I am sure that scott prince will look upon his time at wests tigers fondly.

he was on a hit and run mission as his wife wanted to return to queensland. i get that.

he played some good footy at the titans but towards the end i believe they were not unhappy to see him finish up.

my fondest memory of him was kicking that field goal against the bulldogs on easter sunday and benji kissing him in the lughole.

id rate him a legend as he was instrumental in getting us the flag in 2005.

considering our last premierships were in 52 and 69 respectively,a significant moment.

dont hold your breath for the next one,so yes,he is a legend.

For what Prince achieved he is a bit of a club legend. And for those saying Benji isn’t a club legend pull your heads in. He is the best thing that ever happened to Wests Tigers and perhaps the most feared attacker from both clubs histories.
If you don’t like him then boo hoo. Many people don’t like John Raper either but personal bias aside he is a club legend.

@Byron Bay Fan:

@Fade To Black:

Only took 3 pages for somebody to try and turn this into a thread about Farah, not bad

@tigermac88:

@Byron Bay Fan:

@Fade To Black:

Only took 3 pages for somebody to try and turn this into a thread about Farah, not bad

I was just seeking guidelines what previous captains did when they lost? If we could pick up some famous hints. As Farah was the dominant long term captain since Scott he would be another bench mark to make comparisons with.

@Byron Bay Fan:

@Fade To Black:

Prince was not the Captain in the early rounds…he took over around RD 10 when Mark O’Neill was injured…Wests Tigers then won 11 from the next 14 including 8 in a row (Club Record) before dropping 2 and then going on to remain undefeated during the finals series…

After his much worst kept secrete defection to the Gold Coast he was stripped of the captaincy which was then given to Brett Hodgson…

Another interesting comparison to make is what the coaches would say after a big loss?

Suggestions:
The loss we had to have?
Nothing ventured nothing gained?
Can’t win all the time?
The score is not important

Not sure what you are on about BBF, this thread is to gauge fans’ thoughts on Scott Prince- how it has gotten into a Prince v Farah debate or Sheens v Taylor I will never know.

Have you been hoeing into the green stuff up there Byron?

@Cultured Bogan:

Have you been hoeing into the green stuff up there Byron?

That might explain things then
😆

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.