Leichhardt and Cambo

• Is this the last hurrah for these 2 grounds? I have been under the impression since Pascoe took over that it will be.

• I think it’s getting close

• Hopefully. I looked at the draw last night. If we were playing all our homed games at ANZ, we would playing there 16 times this year. Surely that would be an advantage on and of the field.

• @gallagher:

Hopefully. I looked at the draw last night. If we were playing all our homed games at ANZ, we would playing there 16 times this year. Surely that would be an advantage on and of the field.

Yes but ANZ is the worse ground to watch NRL in the comp. Crap to get to and from. I know this will probably happen, but not a fan!
    SFS or Parramatta stadium (once improved) would be better.

• @lathami:

@gallagher:

Hopefully. I looked at the draw last night. If we were playing all our homed games at ANZ, we would playing there 16 times this year. Surely that would be an advantage on and of the field.

Yes but ANZ is the worse ground to watch NRL in the comp. Crap to get to and from. I know this will probably happen, but not a fan!

Where do you live?

ANZ, car park next door, train station next door and bus services to the door.

Campbelltown, train next door, car park next to the ground. Leagues club next door.

Leichhardt, buses, but not to the ground. Car parking very limited. Need to get there after breakfast.

SFS, buses to the ground, but miles from the train station. Car park some distance from the ground. Have to pay a fee I think.

PFS, miles from train station, buses I’m guessing, Leagues club next door, but members only parking. You can park in the streets, but hope you like walking and also hope that your car will be there when you get back.

• SFS?
    May as well play at Gosford.
    Someone here reckoned our deal with ANZ will be voided due to a state government buy out…contract worth nothing. Sounds like rubbish to me.
    Cambo will always be there… Dunno about Leichhardt… May be the last year… Gotta take my missus there she never been

• @magpiecol:

@lathami:

@gallagher:

Where do you live?

ANZ, car park next door, train station next door and bus services to the door.

Campbelltown, train next door, car park next to the ground. Leagues club next door.

Leichhardt, buses, but not to the ground. Car parking very limited. Need to get there after breakfast.

SFS, buses to the ground, but miles from the train station. Car park some distance from the ground. Have to pay a fee I think.

PFS, miles from train station, buses I’m guessing, Leagues club next door, but members only parking. You can park in the streets, but hope you like walking and also hope that your car will be there when you get back.

A reasonable assessment. I’d argue it’s probably just as far from bus to ground at the SFS as Leichhardt. LO also has the light rail and the SFS will have that in years to come. I prefer SFS as a ground and it is a single train trip for most people.

I wouldn’t want Parra Stadium. Hate the feeling we were tenants to another team. I know it’s more perception than reality but still.

ANZ is the best located from a purely geographical pov but they need to make sure you can get a direct train from say Central or Strathfield. This changing at Lidcombe thing is a pain. Plus it’s an awful ground to watch a game.

• Parra stadium seems the logical choice to me once it’s re built. ANZ til then. Just as long as we have only one ground.

• @Yossarian:

I wouldn’t want Parra Stadium. Hate the feeling we were tenants to another team. I know it’s more perception than reality but still.

Agreed 100%

• Banned

Big no to Parra stadium.

Nothing wrong with Cambelltown. We need the club to work hard to engage the area, lower ticket prices and create a club that kids and families in the west want to play for. I just cant get my head around why this isnt happening. Its a huge area, working class people that love their league, its the recipe for huge support and junior base if we do it right. You can bet your life if Penrith or Parra had this area they would be owning it. We refuse to own anything, bits and pieces club we are.

• I don’t think we need to play out of Campbelltown to engage the community. The club seems to be addressing
    this issue now.
    I would find it ridiculous to snub a new 35k stadium for cambo. Unless we are resigned to the fact well never be one of the stronger clubs.

• @king sirro:

Big no to Parra stadium.

Nothing wrong with Cambelltown. We need the club to work hard to engage the area, lower ticket prices and create a club that kids and families in the west want to play for. I just cant get my head around why this isnt happening. Its a huge area, working class people that love their league, its the recipe for huge support and junior base if we do it right. You can bet your life if Penrith or Parra had this area they would be owning it. We refuse to own anything, bits and pieces club we are.

100% agree, the club and some supporters have stated in the past that Campbelltown cannot attract the crowds but in saying that I haven’t really seen the club try to engage the fans in the area and get them wanting to attend. It is an area under rapid growth due to the many new housing estates popping up in the area… It’s about time the administrators of our club take a good hard look at why people aren’t attending games. Ok maybe if we were winning more games the crowd figures would rise but surely this isn’t the only factor stopping people. I agree lower ticket prices and make the game day experience affordable and attractive for families to attend

• Sydney Cricket ground trust is trying to get WT and other clubs, to agree to play their home games at a revamped SFS.

• @king sirro:

Big no to Parra stadium.

Went to CSS last year for a few games and was there last weekend for the Sharkies trial…IMO CSS is a really underrated ground…the facilities are good, playing surface excellent and fans are as close to the ground as LO…Its right next to the train station, plenty of car parking…underrated.

• CSS is a terrific ground. Except…who designed the seating in the Western Grandstand?

It’s almost impossible to get past patrons already seated without them having to stand up!! The space between rows of seats must be the minimum that is permissible.

In that regard, CSS is light years behind SFS and ANZ as better options for member/fan comfort.

And, on a cold Monday night, say, having to travel to CSS from the inner-west to face that sort of set up, the option to watch it on Fox is a pretty hard one to ignore.

Recent Topics