Media and our predicted finish

• All media and most alleged experts put us bottom 3 this year. Who cares what they think. Penrith were predicted to come last 2 years ago.
    Personally I cannot see us making the 8 unless we jag the “free spins” ala “Queen Of The Nile” feature
    1st Pyramid - less injuries
    2nd Pyramid - harmony within the camp
    3rd Pyramid - playing gutsy football. (not getting lapped)

This is a tall order but we have nothing to lose. Just like 2005.

Im not going to predict anything this year apart from trying to stay off the pokies. 😃

• If you were a bookie and you made your bread and butter out of setting odds of course you would have us bottom three but since 1908 the NRL throws up a few sliders and a few climbers every year and you would think we might be a chance to be a climber. Time will tell but you would think with possibly one of the best no1s,best props,blues n09 and two of the best young 6s and 7s we should have a pretty good year

• People look for hope in the media when they have little themselves, then get disappointed when they find none

• ForumSupporter

It’s reverse psychology In 2012 the Media had us installed as Premiership favourites…Most alleged experts had is Top 4…that didn’t work out to well…

It’s only fans who seem to care what the Media think…

• I can’t see how we could go backwards unless we lose Woods, Tedesco and Brooks to injury for the whole year.

We lost like Taupau, KG and Richards…

Gained a heap of depth.

The key thing is that our spine is in tact and a year more experienced again.

I cannot see how we can go backwards.

• @innsaneink:

People look for hope in the media when they have little themselves, then get disappointed when they find none

And it means nothing when the media write us off, but everything when they rate us.

• @MacDougall:

I can’t see how we could go backwards unless we lose Woods, Tedesco and Brooks to injury for the whole year.

Gained a heap of depth.

Taylor v Farah

That’s how we can go backwards.

• Banned

@GNR4LIFE:

@MacDougall:

I can’t see how we could go backwards unless we lose Woods, Tedesco and Brooks to injury for the whole year.

Gained a heap of depth.

Taylor v Farah

You know what would be good - when you guys just drop this.

• @stevetiger:

@GNR4LIFE:

@MacDougall:

Gained a heap of depth.

Taylor v Farah

You know what would be good - when you guys just drop this.

Says you of all people

• Taylor v Farah
    Tedesco does a knee
    Brooks and Moses sign elsewhere
    Taylor gets sacked and we sign Matt Parish

There’s a world of possible backwards, but let’s hope for the best.

• Media are entitled to their opinion, and judging on past performances, may be close to the mark.

Would be nice to see wests-tigers have a solid season, make the top 8, and have members of the media admit they were wrong.

• @GNR4LIFE:

@innsaneink:

People look for hope in the media when they have little themselves, then get disappointed when they find none

And it means nothing when the media write us off, but everything when they rate us.

We came 15th last year and avoided the spoon on for and against - we don’t have to go backwards to be bottom three this year.

• If we all think a little positive,and take in what the players and coach have said about our very good pre season,along with some very capable recruits,then it is quite possible to be closer to the top 8 rather than lamenting at the bottom of the ladder,not only do we have to be positive,the players have to produce the goods this year,the excuses are wearing thin and this is a results driven business …good winning results make for greater confidence within the team,members and fanbase…if we were to finish in say tenth spot and the team did their very best,then that is a great improvement from the previous year…
    We can only hope and support our great club…I’m not about to throw the towel in without a fight,but that’s just me…

• Banned

A good way to look at what the media state is that they get it wrong all the time.

We have some positives:-

1. A potentially really good spine.
    2. Some quick elusive outside backs.
    3. Some quality forwards in the middle of the park.
    4. A potential game breaker in Cherrington on the bench.

• @Masterton:

Taylor v Farah
    Tedesco does a knee
    Brooks and Moses sign elsewhere
    Taylor gets sacked and we sign Matt Parish

There’s a world of possible backwards, but let’s hope for the best.

yea so basically we have to look to justin pascoe for a bit of off field leadership

of your 4 possibilities, 3 were off field and 1 was an injury which is hard to control a lot of the time.

but everyone knows that winning shuts up all those rumours of disharmony and players not liking coaches. start well and hopfully everything falls into place :sign:

Recent Topics