Fans show dedication to NRL...

Interesting read at News.com.NRL…

12 of the 16 NRL teams have seen an increase in membership numbers for the coming season…Knights,Raiders South’s and Wests Tigers have shown a decrease in member numbers…WTs were estimated at minus 9.3 percent of member numbers…Cronulla,Penrith and Cowboys showed a significant increase in member numbers…

I now can see why Wests Tigers are planning for theme weekends and publicising the cultural change within the club…I applaud the Club for having the foresight to try different avenues to raise interest in our club…in my opinion,the last few seasons of internal and external dramas surrounding this club has had a significant impact on the interest of renewing or increasing member numbers to our already deplete member and fan base…
This year is going to be a defining year,not just for the team and JT,the Administration of this club needs to have a very good look at the organization as a whole…and whatever they try,must pay off in terms of success on and off the field,this really is a do or die year as far as supporter and member base go because there are numerous people that will not bother wasting their time and money to support a basket case of a club that has really achieved very little since 2005…I have said in an earlier thread regarding recruitment and player strategies,"if you don’t keep up and progress the business"you will be left behind…

Having had my say on this topic,Iam still very much in support of what our management are trying to achieve and as I have said they should be applauded for seeing the situation that the club is in and they are trying to remedy it the best way they can…

Well this is mostly the great mans fault ‘Taylor’ with his low tactics to get rid of Farah. And his negative Nancy style of football last season, actions do speak louder than words.-10% wow.
His time is definitely numbered now, they will have to play really well to save his ass!
Good luck Taylor your going to need it.

@lathami:

Well this is mostly the great mans fault ‘Taylor’ with his low tactics to get rid of Farah. And his negative Nancy style of football last season, actions do speak louder than words.-10% wow.
His time is definitely numbered now, they will have to play really well to save his ass!
Good luck Taylor your going to need it.

How is Taylor to blame for lower member numbers at the Knights, Raiders or Souths?

The bottom sides, and Souths who had an unbelievable member drive last year and were always going to go downwards…. What a surprise.

Taylor shares some blame for ours, as does Farah, as do the playing staff, as do the previous board and the previous CEO.

Perspective, please.

I am one of the 9.3%.
When I see the way they way they don’t seem to mind just peeing our money up against the wall attempting to cut contacted players… Then embarrassingly backing down in public, well… They can do that with someone else’s membership dollars… Not mine.
I was a member for 8 seasons straight…they haven’t even contacted me to ask me to rejoin. Yet in the past I’ve been contacted several times months after rejoining to rerecruit me.
How many others have they just let go without even bothering to contact?
When I see significant improvements in many areas I will reconsider being a financial supporter again

@innsaneink:

I am one of the 9.3%.
When I see the way they way they don’t seem to mind just peeing our money up against the wall attempting to cut contacted players… Then embarrassingly backing down in public, well… They can do that with someone else’s membership dollars… Not mine.
I was a member for 8 seasons straight…they haven’t even contacted me to ask me to rejoin. Yet in the past I’ve been contacted several times months after rejoining to rerecruit me.
How many others have they just let go without even bothering to contact?
When I see significant improvements in many areas I will reconsider being a financial supporter again

Well Ink I can see your disappointment and I do wonder how many more are in the same frame of mind just a few days out from season start… the old " will I won’t I" scenario…
Hope you can still make it to the get together,by then the club may be in a more positive position allround …

I’ll still go to games TT, went to last week’s trial.
Just giving the membership a spell for a bit.
Hoping to be at the get together.

Well said Ink. I’m the same. Wont renew until I see them get their ‘poo together’.

I havnt bothered this year. They throw money away each year ,hundreds of thousands, playing at un suitable grounds yet put their hand out for my hard earned.
Not any more… well not until they are run better.

Surely the club are honest enough to admit that they understand why membership is way down this season, after the last 18 months or so of lurching from one stuff-up to the next the drop in membership is absolutely understandable .
People will jump onboard once we start winning and behaving more professionally as a club.

Yada yada yada - its the same rubbish every year - themed home rounds - big deal as long as the fans know which home ground its at. WT will struggle for members until they make the hard decision of one home ground and stick with it. I know this will upset 80% of forumers but I believe had they moved lock stock and barrel to the Macarthur region in 2000 we would be pushing the same numbers as the big Sydney clubs - we are a club with no identity. We missed that opportunity and its probably no longer an option. The club needs to be playing out of one home ground - if its ANZ so be it.

This is my 5th year of being a member. In previous years, I rejoined in about November. This time it took me until January. And it was a tough decision whether to rejoin at all. The amount of stuffing around that the club has done behind the scenes in recent years is driving me crazy. Not sure how much more punishment I can take.

PLEASE, LET THERE BE A LIGHT AT THE END OF THIS TUNNEL!!!

Regardless of what sort of train wreck the club may be at the moment, it will always have my support. I’ve been a season ticket holder for the Magpies for decades and now for the Wests Tigers. These low periods come and go but I am a member now (although really a season ticket holder) and will continue to be for the foreseeable future.

I just hope that the light at the end of this tunnel isn’t the XPT to Bathurst.

Dedication to me, is still following a team. Member or not, that does’nt matter.
Following a team, is what counts.

@sideline eye:

Regardless of what sort of train wreck the club may be at the moment, it will always have my support. I’ve been a season ticket holder for the Magpies for decades and now for the Wests Tigers. These low periods come and go but I am a member now (although really a season ticket holder) and will continue to be for the foreseeable future.

I just hope that the light at the end of this tunnel isn’t the XPT to Bathurst.

The irritating thing is, barring something unexpected, this low period that has already been around for a while doesn’t look like going away soon…

I renewed my membership once it turned out Robbie was staying, I wasn’t prepared to have the club do the thing again of sending a player away to play at another club while paying part of his contract while he’s there, considering what that course of action has done to the club so far, and sending away the incumbent NSW hooker at that.

@Juro:

This is my 5th year of being a member. In previous years, I rejoined in about November. time it took me until January. And it was a tough decision whether to rejoin at all. The amount of stuffing around that the club has done behind the scenes in recent years is driving me crazy. Not sure how much more punishment I can take.

PLEASE, LET THERE BE A LIGHT AT THE END OF THIS TUNNEL!!!

“The circle of light at the end of your tunnel,is just a freight train coming your way” Metallica
Let’s hope that’s not the case!

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.