Don't get carried away

The win today puts us in 3rd position. Already it seems as though the Wests Tigers might finally become a dominant team.

With that in mind, I couldn’t help but think about season 2000:

Round 1: 7th
Round 2: 5th
Round 3: 8th
Round 4: 6th
Round 5: 3rd
Round 6: 2nd
Round 7: 3rd
Round 8: 4th
Round 9: 2nd
Round 10: 2nd
Round 11: 2nd
Round 12: 3rd
Round 13: 3rd
Round 14: 2nd
Round 15: 2nd
Round 16: 2nd
Round 17: 2nd
Round 18: 6th
Round 19: 8th
Round 20: 9th
Round 21: 8th
Round 22: 7th
Round 23: 9th
Round 24: 9th
Round 25: 10th
Round 26: 10th

a good start means nothing
consistency is everything (except for spear tackles)
get out there and cheer on the team!

Very true Kul… even though i think keeping up with the top teams at the start is very important…
… we failed to do that last year … had a burst at the end of season… but wasnt enough…
if we can stay intouch at the start & have a strong run at the end of season…
… we will be in striking distance of the top 4 … if not minor premiership…
but like you said… consistany is the key !

Next week guys, thats all.

@innsaneink:

Next week guys, thats all.

yes 1 week at a time ….
and to kul … in 2000, we lost our best attacking forward , and our best defensive forward all in a matter of weeks …

I am getting carried away. Woo hoo …

only for today :slight_smile:

You don’t win premierships in the early rounds, but you can deffinately make it easier on yourself in regards to making the finals by winning. Consistency is the key. That 1st half was poor but winning games you shouldn’t, really help on the table come finals time.

I’m so much more confident about making a comeback this year than any other after being down by quite a score.Last year we lost a few games by a small margin,1or2 points.This year there’s a real sense that we can really run down teams if need be.Gotta be because of Flokes,the self confidence within the squad and the balance within the squad.

Best start to the year i can think of……including 2000…

Bottom line is there has been the same defensive flaw in each of our 4 games and it’s a big concern. We’ve got out of jail in 2 of those games and minimalised the impact of it against the eels. As good as our attack has been this year, overall i rate us about a B at best. Plenty of improvement in us yet. We’re VERY lucky to be 3-1 when probably we should be 1-3.

@Tigerpete:

Bottom line is there has been the same defensive flaw in each of our 4 games and it’s a big concern. We’ve got out of jail in 2 of those games and minimalised the impact of it against the eels. As good as our attack has been this year, overall i rate us about a B at best. Plenty of improvement in us yet. We’re VERY lucky to be 3-1 when probably we should be 1-3.

yeh i agree we have lots to improve in terms of defence but we are always going to be a stronger attacking football side at the moment, so i dont think its fair to say that, our defence has held teams to less tries and our attack has created plenty of them based on luck!

good luck on friday tigers though i dont think you’ll need it 😉

Jeas… third fav to win the comp now at $7.50

and it’s because we are doing the simple, no fuss stuff right for the first time ever!

yeah good point

but until our next game I suppose you can celebrate

it was such an entertaining match, and would have been great to watch for people who didn’t support tigers or raiders!

as for those fans, i’m sure their heart rates were going through the roof!

Kul, a good point you mentioned about 2000, but the boys are whole different playing group to 2000 so don’t entertain that thought!

3rd position and 3rd favourite with some of the betting agencies, fairly incredible.

…. were 3rd to win the premiership because.
… 1) we beat eels (were premiership favourite)
… 2) we have comeback from 20 - 0 then 22 - 4 margins and won.
… 3) they way benji & robbie have been playing is brilliant…

Still being 3rd favourite doesnt mean anything… we still have to go out there each week… and perform…

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme