WESTS Tigers SC Team v Manly RD 1...

Intrust Super Premiership Team Announcement: Round 1

Wests Tigers Media

Tue 1st March, 04:50PM
A A
WT2016_TEAMLIST_ISP_1700x960
Wests Tigers Intrust Super Premiership Coach Paul Stringer has named his Round 1 side to take on the Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles this Saturday at Campbelltown.

Kickoff for the match is scheduled for 1:15pm, ahead of the NRL fixture at 5:30pm.

Stringer has named several new faces in the side, with Josh Addo-Carr, Rod Griffin, and Jesse Parahi all to feature in their first competition game for Wests Tigers this week.

Several players from the Club’s Holden Cup side from 2015 — including Watson Heleta, John Tohi, Jeremy Marshall-King, Dallas Graham, Jacob Liddle and Tyler Cassel— will also feature this week as they make their step up to the Intrust Super Premiership in 2016.

See who Stringer has named for the Club’s first Intrust Super Premiership game below!

Be there for the first game of 2016 when we take on the Warriors! Get your tickets here!
1. Watson Heleta
2. Josh Addo-Carr
3. Nathan Milone
4. Chance Peni
5. John Tohi
6. Jeremy Marshall-King
7. Veiru Mapesone
8. Rod Griffin
9. Jacob Liddle
10. Dallas Graham
11. Tyler Cassel
12. Asipeli Fine (capt.)
13. Jesse Parahi

Interchange:
14. Jordan Grant
15. Lamar Liolevave
16. Jackson Williams
17. Wesley Lolo
18. Andy Fiagatusa

http://www.weststigers.com.au/content/tigers/club/news/2016/03/01/intrust_super_premie.html

Coach: Paul Stringer

Big congrats Asipeli Fine being named © for the State Cup Team…

It’s a strong squad for this level…Mapasone gunna be busy…

Intrust super league? has there been changes made?

Good looking side,
Very strong bench

Not televised?
Damn…

Keen to see Parahi.

That’s a very solid team, especially the forward pack and bench. The halves are a bit of an unknown but they’re not without talent. Drinkwater injured?

Geez… The NRl should sell off State Cup separately to someone who will all games.

Decent looking side with a bit of impact off the bench. I’d really like to see Liolevave make something of this season.

@Geo.:

Mapasone gunna be busy…

Surprised he wasn’t named in the NRL team too.

So number 7 is actually Drinkwater not Mapesone

@Yossarian:

So number 7 is actually Drinkwater not Mapesone

Was wondering what the go with Drinkwater was. I know he was hurt a few weeks ago but he played against the Sharks.

I expect that when Brooks comes back Littlejohn will move to the 6 and JMK will play fullback with Heleta going back to centre, Peni to the wing and Tohi to RM. Littlejohn and Drinkwater should absolutely roast the NSW Cup together tbh. They are two of those players who are just below NRL but way above NSW Cup.

Liolevave has the writing on the wall now

Bench for NSW Cup

Kids just wasting his talent away I reckon

@happy tiger:

Bench for NSW Cup

Unfortunately I think there are a number of young fellows in this team who are quite capable talents, but aren’t going to be able to translate that into NRL careers.

@jirskyr:

@happy tiger:

Bench for NSW Cup

Unfortunately I think there are a number of young fellows in this team who are quite capable talents, but aren’t going to be able to translate that into NRL careers.

Liolevave can only play well when he plays with Moses. It like the Cliffy Lyon and Bever show…although Bever did go onto have a great later career without Cliffy. Hope it’s the same case here

@happy tiger:

Bench for NSW Cup

Getting that big break into the NRL is the hard part, but even harder is remaining patient in the lower grade while doing all the hard work. All NRL coaches are reluctant to make many changes to their core 20 odd players so for many players in the wings they can play the house down week in and week out but still get over looked

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.