JT to coach Under 6's.

• I saw that JT is coaching his son’s U6 Team.

Good on him for putting something back into the Game……

Maybe they can show him some moves he can incorporate into the NRL… 😉 😉 😉

• I got in early just to say “poor kids,” and ruin the joke before someone else had a chance to use it.

• One thing to learn from coaching a side like that is patience and perserverance.

• Banned

wonder if they are on gluten free and no chewing gum

• He’ll find coaching Under 6’s harder than coaching than the NRL side

Was watching yesterday the Mum and a male helper coaching the Under 6’s yesterday and they needed another 4 helpers seriously

One bunch were playing on the topsoil mound , another bunch were trying to jump from coppalog to coppalog , a couple seemed like they had given up and about 3 were training

If you have coached any kids from Under 6-8’s in any sport it is fun , but its very frustrating at times

• Banned

I teach chess in schools to all ages and I run a tight ship, they even send the delinquents into my class to get them going - and I am not even a teacher. The trick is to make the lessons fascinating and exciting and they don’t play up.

• @happy tiger:

He’ll find coaching Under 6’s harder than coaching than the NRL side

Was watching yesterday the Mum and a male helper coaching the Under 6’s yesterday and they needed another 4 helpers seriously

One bunch were playing on the topsoil mound , another bunch were trying to jump from coppalog to coppalog , a couple seemed like they had given up and about 3 were training

If you have coached any kids from Under 6-8’s in any sport it is fun , but its very frustrating at times

Yeah I can imagine how frustrating it would be.

The problem with so many Parents is they try and put to much pressure on there kids and they become more frustrated than there kids themselves.
    Let kids be kids I’d say……I have seen some parents carry on at there kids games between the ages of 6-9 and you see there kids self esteem slowly getting shot down.

Parents try and live out there dreams pressuring there kids and they forget that Sport at that Age is just FUN!!!

• @Byron Bay Fan:

I teach chess in schools to all ages and I run a tight ship, they even send the delinquents into my class to get them going - and I am not even a teacher. The trick is to make the lessons fascinating and exciting and they don’t play up.

Its a bit different BBF

You’ve got them all sitting down doing one on one stuff that you can supervise in a 40 -50 m squared area

Not a 3000 metre squared area , where kids are running to the dunnies , to their parents , fighting imaginary warriors (yes I had one ) , kids crying because they fell on the ground or another said they were naughty

• @happy tiger:

Agree , coaching the little ones is super hard work !
    I helped a mate out with the under 8’s on Wednesday .
    I’ll be swapping out my water bottle with straight Jack Daniels if I’m required to help out again in the future 😆

• @hobbo2803:

@happy tiger:

I’ll be swapping out my water bottle with straight Jack Daniels if I’m required to help out again in the future 😆

Coach try and killed me yesterday , he had me on the pad to be the tackle contact for the first 4 plays to work on some second phase

Couple of the Mum’s commented that I worked harder than most the kids , but they understand I’m a hall of famer and can take that in my stride

• @happy tiger:

@hobbo2803:

@happy tiger:

Coach try and killed me yesterday , he had me on the pad to be the tackle contact for the first 4 plays to work on some second phase

Couple of the Mum’s commented that I worked harder than most the kids , but they understand I’m a hall of famer and can take that in my stride

Your not supposed to take your Zimmer frame onto the field !!!
    :roll

• Banned

@happy tiger:

@Byron Bay Fan:

Its a bit different BBF

You’ve got them all sitting down doing one on one stuff that you can supervise in a 40 -50 m squared area

Not a 3000 metre squared area , where kids are running to the dunnies , to their parents , fighting imaginary warriors (yes I had one ) , kids crying because they fell on the ground or another said they were naughty

But! I had one bad loser get another in a head lock and wouldn’t let go, I had to forcibly untangle them, a good kid actually had broken family emotional problems, a terrific fighter over the board and in sport.

• @hobbo2803:

@happy tiger:

@hobbo2803:

@happy tiger:

Its funny Hobbo , after the first three sets of 6 I thought that I was 1 play from a cardiac arrest

Yet the body just kicks into that second wind and 45 minutes later while sweating up a storm I’m still calling the fullback out of plays , telling the halves to think ahead and screaming at the outside backs to get deeper and play wider

• @happy tiger:

@hobbo2803:

@happy tiger:

@hobbo2803:

Its funny Hobbo , after the first three sets of 6 I thought that I was 1 play from a cardiac arrest

Yet the body just kicks into that second wind and 45 minutes later while sweating up a storm I’m still calling the fullback out of plays , telling the halves to think ahead and screaming at the outside backs to get deeper and play wider

Tonight we have dads v under 12,s full contact
    ( to a degree) 😆
    Last week after 30 mins I got a double stitch lol
    My mate Chris laughed and said … Geez mate you’re a medical marvel :roll

• @hobbo2803:

@happy tiger:

@hobbo2803:

@happy tiger:

Tonight we have dads v under 12,s full contact
    ( to a degree) 😆
    Last week after 30 mins I got a double stitch lol
    My mate Chris laughed and said … Geez mate you’re a medical marvel :roll

1st game tomorrow Hobbo for Jr ??

We drew the premiers 1st up should be interesting , I don’t think we are as fit as we were last year , but we have some added size to the squad which means EB and the other good running forward can play wider

Recent Topics