The Bunker

I know it is early days but to me The Bunker seems to be working. Quicker decisions and the correct ones as well.

I’m a fan.
Money well spent.

We need to remember theyre already looking at things like onside etc even before the ref decided to go to the bunker…Glad its not covered in sponsorship logos …yet.

Jennings dont like it

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/teams/eels/michael-jennings-says-nrl-bunker-got-it-wrong-with-notry-decision/news-story/4ee473da42891eb5ec76ac3213cbdcc2

MICHAEL Jennings is no fan of the NRL bunker.

But at least now he knows it exists.

Despite making history in Thursday’s NRL season opener — as the first player ever to have a try decided, and denied, by bunker — the new Parramatta centre still reckons $2 million worth of technology got it wrong…

Jennings is just butt hurt.

@innsaneink:

We need to remember theyre already looking at things like onside etc even before the ref decided to go to the bunker…Glad its not covered in sponsorship logos …yet.

Jennings dont like it

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/teams/eels/michael-jennings-says-nrl-bunker-got-it-wrong-with-notry-decision/news-story/4ee473da42891eb5ec76ac3213cbdcc2

Despite making history in Thursday’s NRL season opener — as the first player ever to have a try decided, and denied, by bunker — the new Parramatta centre still reckons $2 million worth of technology got it wrong…

Unfortunately for Jennings, the bunker got it right

It was a double movement since 1908…

The Bunker is great…good one for once NRL…well done…

Was always going to be better than some ex drunk footballer locked away in a room at the ground.

It seems to be working OK but I don’t see why they used to get video ref decisions so wrong so often with the old method. 9 times out of 10 they would come up with the wrong decision when it was clear as day what the right decision should have been. 2 million dollars to rectify what should be common sense decisions is a bit of overkill .
I think if they have instantaneous access to video ref decisions to be passed on to the ref on the field then ones such as when Matt Gillet clearly stripped a Parra player of the ball but it was ruled a lost ball should be immediately overturned by the video ref. I find it unbelievable that the NRL spent all that money but a decision that is clear-cut wrong is just left alone….if they have the technology then bloody well use it to get as many decisions right as possible.

@jctiger:

@innsaneink:

Jennings dont like it

Unfortunately for Jennings, the bunker got it right

That was one decision that could easily have been made by the referee it was so blatantly obvious. Maybe they just wanted to check the equipment was actually working in there. Kind of a dry run.

Only problem I have with it is when they go split screen there are 5 replays on at once. If you are not sitting close enough to the telly it can be hard to see the details.

I rate it.
I could have sworn Moses knocked that bomb forward that Teddy scored off. The bunker changed my mind with its angles and I like the faster decisions.

No need for Fox to show the 3 stooges sitting in front of all the TV screens every time the ref throws it over to the bunker. It looks like a scene out of Apollo 13, I keep expecting to see a space shuttle launch.

@jirskyr:

Only problem I have with it is when they go split screen there are 5 replays on at once. If you are not sitting close enough to the telly it can be hard to see the details.

Yeah not so good at the pub./club or live at the ground… But good at home

The way 9 showed it, with a split screen of 4 panels, was far better than the 6 screens Fox had. I could see bugger all.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.