Brooks and moses

• I don’t buy this stuff in the media that brooks and Moses may leave. I think it is an attempt by both players and the club to establish their true value. If they were only interested in money they would have taken the option to extend at no risk.

If they do not prove themselves this season their bargaining power is greatly reduced. My bet is they both extend in June once they and the club have a better idea of their longer term value.

No kid wants to go for big money and not be able to earn it. It destroys them….look at idris, Blair, hopoate. It has almost destroyed them going for the money is not always the right reason.

Of course they could leave for other reasons which would be of great concern.

• Agreed larry my mate who knows the boys says it’s all media spin and that exactly what you’ve said they want to have a chance to play some good footy and gauge what they are really worth due to and underwhelming 2015 season. Both love the club and want to play as long as they can side by side.

• If Pearce would have been banned for life like many were calling for, I would of had my last tenner on Brooks being offered a huge contract at the Rorters (TPA heaven) and asking for an immediate release.

• @marzie:

Agreed larry my mate who knows the boys says it’s all media spin and that exactly what you’ve said they want to have a chance to play some good footy and gauge what they are really worth due to and underwhelming 2015 season. Both love the club and want to play as long as they can side by side.

Good to hear, hope you are right.

• @larrycorowa:

I don’t buy this stuff in the media that brooks and Moses may leave. I think it is an attempt by both players and the club to establish their true value. If they were only interested in money they would have taken the option to extend at no risk.

If they do not prove themselves this season their bargaining power is greatly reduced. My bet is they both extend in June once they and the club have a better idea of their longer term value.

No kid wants to go for big money and not be able to earn it. It destroys them….look at idris, Blair, hopoate. It has almost destroyed them going for the money is not always the right reason.

Of course they could leave for other reasons which would be of great concern.

Pretty sure we will have to pay a damn site more than their reported guaranteed income to retain either of them Larry

Edit. The first half by Moses has added dollars to his bargaining power. The guy is going to be a star, no he already is, superstar in the making.

• Moses is a future captain of Wests Tigers. He will stay.

• Banned

@formerguest:

The first half by Moses has added dollars to his bargaining power. The guy is going to be a star, no he already is, superstar in the making.

I think he is the controlled skillful half that we need. I can’t think of him really putting a bad game in.

• Banned

@Newtown:

Moses is a future captain of Wests Tigers. He will stay.

I thought he played brilliantly today, could not hear what the commentators were saying (on Fox)

• Commentators were in awe of him tbh. Gave him mega wraps.

• Moses was excellent today. It was a masterclass performance in attack from a young half. He is as good as the early ratings of him suggested.

• @marzie:

Agreed larry my mate who knows the boys says it’s all media spin and that exactly what you’ve said they want to have a chance to play some good footy and gauge what they are really worth due to and underwhelming 2015 season. Both love the club and want to play as long as they can side by side.

Moses was quoted saying pretty similar to this in a recent article suggesting Benji might be returning to the Tigers.

• Banned

@southerntiger:

Moses was excellent today. It was a masterclass performance in attack from a young half. He is as good as the early ratings of him suggested.

In the first half it certainly was. In the second half I thought he was dreadful. It will be good when Brooks comes back to control the game because Mitch isnt capable yet. If we lose Brooks then we must buy an experienced 7 to help Moses.
    I really have to say he dissappointed me in the second half today and im one of his biggest supporters on here.

• @stryker:

@southerntiger:

Moses was excellent today. It was a masterclass performance in attack from a young half. He is as good as the early ratings of him suggested.

In the first half it certainly was. In the second half I thought he was dreadful. It will be good when Brooks comes back to control the game because Mitch isnt capable yet. If we lose Brooks then we must buy an experienced 7 to help Moses.
    I really have to say he dissappointed me in the second half today and im one of his biggest supporters on here.

I didn’t catch as much of the second half as I was cooking dinner. But watched the last 15 and thought he was good then. Threw some lovely cut out balls.

• Banned

My problem with him was that he played the second half expecting the Warriors to be as poor as they were at the end of the first half. The difference was that in the first 40 our middle men sucked their outside defenders in creating space for Mitch to throw those beautiful cutballs to men in space.

So what I saw was a guy who continually made the wrong decisions in the second stanza. He passed short when he should have gone out the back, alternatively, he went out the back when a popped ball of his hip would have sent the runner through a gap. He also ran the ball when he should have kicked it, regaining possession and his kicks he did do (bar the one time he rolled it into the ingoal area) were ineffective mid fielders. Basically he played impatient football that really put his runners in poor positions which turned over possession and allowed the Warriors back into the game.

Had Brooks, Farrah or Balin been there they would have played the percentages and strangled the Warriors out of the race. He’ll learn from that and I still love the way he plays. I just thought he played that second half how Benji used to and I was hoping for more control.

• We didnt have the ball in the 2nd half….makes a difference to the impact of the playmaker. He did well in the final 15, found the in goal and we shut it out. As good as benji at his best.

Recent Topics