Structure

• In the first half we laid the platform, we turned it on selective and played straight and hard in between.

The beginning of the second half we tried to push pass after pass, never learning from intercepts and errors.

The only way the flair can work is with balance, just like the first half today. Several players guilty in the 2nd half, but as a few of the boys said at the end of the game when the mic was turned up, “we won”. Mind you a few others seemed to be saying something contrary, and I tend to agree with them lol.

• Banned

2 bad passes by siro

One bad pass by Sue

Bad decision by i believe Moses to not kick for goal.

These things dont happen and we win by 30

• Actually I didn’t think the passes from Sironen were bad. The lack of support play for your ball playing second rower was the issue. The passes were good passes, they were also on the fact that the players had turned their back is the dissapointing thing. Sue on the other hand his was near halfway and when we needed to settle it.

• In the second half, we played exactly the same but a couple of passes didn’t come off and the Warriors did what the Warriors do when you don’t keep the foot down.

If Naqaima and Sironen don’t throw dumb passes we win that game comfortably. If Lawrence doesn’t throw a dumb pass Lovett doesn’t score a great try to put us on the front foot early. Live by the sword die by the sword, I’m just happy they look to have enough skill for it to stick often this year.

• @king sirro:

2 bad passes by siro

One bad pass by Sue

Naqama too, turning point IMO. Plus they seemed more side to side, IMO.

• @king sirro:

2 bad passes by siro

One bad pass by Sue

Naqaima too, turning point IMO. Plus they seemed more side to side, IMO.

• Banned

@king sirro:

2 bad passes by siro

One bad pass by Sue

Exactly. We have a good team. Last year Taylor just stuffed us up by coming up with dumb tactics and to compound that we lost some good outside backs and didn’t have the players to replace them.

You have to attack. You have to defend. It often though comes down to plays like this. The players need to execute the right play at the right time.

I think Moses decision to not kick for goal though was correct.

• fair few things went against us.

we could have EASILY won by 20 on that performance - which wasn’t too great. definitely need to learn when to play structured (like 2015) and when to turn it on

they got a couple tries off bombs, a try off a crap pass from us. not to mention how close we came from leading by 30+ in the first half after 2 disallowed tries (both correct decisions but still close to being tries for us).

add in farah, brooks and ballin and a touch of luck and we beat then 24pts+ every time if they play like that

• Banned

@Boonboon2:

Actually I didn’t think the passes from Sironen were bad. The lack of support play for your ball playing second rower was the issue. The passes were good passes, they were also on the fact that the players had turned their back is the dissapointing thing. Sue on the other hand his was near halfway and when we needed to settle it.

The 2nd offload by siro was pure speculation. Poor pass Boonboon

• Banned

I agree with Old Man Tiger. We definetly did not play the same way in the second half.
    In the first 40 we set platforms. Our forwards ran direct and hard and then started to run in pairs and created second phase play which sucked in their outside backs. This allowed Moses and Teddy to spread it wide where we ran riot.

In the second half we played arrogantly and decided to skip the “laying of the platform” fundamentals. Players started running across field and throwing speckies. We did not earn the right to attack by putting in the hard work and tiring out the Warriors pack. We expected to score every set of 6. We created only one repeat set which was after the 70th minute even though we had half a dozen chances to do so throughout the half….We even resorted to the dreaded mid field bomb!

It was truly a game of two halves but it should never have been. Taylor will not be happy with that.

• @king sirro:

@Boonboon2:

Actually I didn’t think the passes from Sironen were bad. The lack of support play for your ball playing second rower was the issue. The passes were good passes, they were also on the fact that the players had turned their back is the dissapointing thing. Sue on the other hand his was near halfway and when we needed to settle it.

It was the last tackle though

If we play that style (which i like ) we will make mistakes.

But it will also make us much harder to defend.

• Banned

@Goose:

@king sirro:

@Boonboon2:

Sirro should never have been given the ball on that play. I dont blame him at all for trying to keep it alive. It was the last tackle, they had us covered and Mitch ran it. The correct play was a grubber and repeat set.

• Banned

@Goose:

@king sirro:

@Boonboon2:

My apologies, didnt realise it was the last tackle.

• @king sirro:

@Boonboon2:

I agree.

OK if you are up by 20 on their line you can throw a speculator, no problem. But they scored from the next possession.

What a composed side then says is “ok that was a risky / dumb play, we need to play smart with this lead” and you play sensible footy for the next few sets, hold the ball, kick to the corners.

Instead Siro does ANOTHER offload and it was a worse one. I would have hooked the bloke right there and then for not respecting the opposition and the timing of the match. Sue then goes for a bit of a speculator himself mid-field.

Warriors jagged a few dodgy penalties - the Moses one still confuses - and they build pressure. The only way to stop teams building pressure is to respect possession, complete your sets, put the ball down their end. Look at Broncos on Thursday, they withstood some spirited Parramatta raids then played smart footy to put them back on their own line. Teams struggle to continue attacking you if you make good use of your football.

A real turning point at the end of the match was Littlejohn getting that repeat set, took the wind out of the Warriors sails. Their attack was more desperate and less effective thereafter.

• @jirskyr:

@king sirro:

@Boonboon2:

I agree.

OK if you are up by 20 on their line you can throw a speculator, no problem. But they scored from the next possession.

What a composed side then says is “ok that was a risky / dumb play, we need to play smart with this lead” and you play sensible footy for the next few sets, hold the ball, kick to the corners.

Instead Siro does ANOTHER offload and it was a worse one. I would have hooked the bloke right there and then for not respecting the opposition and the timing of the match. Sue then goes for a bit of a speculator himself mid-field.

Warriors jagged a few dodgy penalties - the Moses one still confuses - and they build pressure. The only way to stop teams building pressure is to respect possession, complete your sets, put the ball down their end. Look at Broncos on Thursday, they withstood some spirited Parramatta raids then played smart footy to put them back on their own line. Teams struggle to continue attacking you if you make good use of your football.

A real turning point at the end of the match was Littlejohn getting that repeat set, took the wind out of the Warriors sails. Their attack was more desperate and less effective thereafter.

Have to agree with all that you said jirskyr,it really does boil down to DICIPLINE,running in points as easily as the team did yesterday early….they must learn to play a more composed second half and lock the game down…as many have said before “we have to be competitive for the full 80 minutes”…that is what wins the game…

My feelings toward the last 15 mins yesterday was a reincarnation of the Raiders game at LO last year,tearing away to a big lead,to end up losing the game…I hope they learn from this and get better and better as the season progresses…

It was interesting to hear JT in the press conference saying that our game is still build around defense… The razzle dazzle does look spectacular and does excite the crowd,but when it goes wrong it is horrible… Great defense will always compliment the great attacking flair…

Recent Topics