Player stats from round 1

1. Tedesco - 2 tries, 174 metres in attack, 7 tackle breaks, 2 offloads, 1 linebreak, 1 tackle, 3 missed tackles

2. Nofoaluma - 1 try, 109 metres in attack, 10 tackle breaks, 2 offloads, 1 linebreak, 9 tackles, 1 missed tackle

3. Simona - 1 try, 115 metres in attack, 2 linebreaks, 1 linebreak assist, 1 offload, 5 tackle breaks, 7 tackles

4. Naiqama - 66 metres in attack, 1 linebreak, 2 try assists, 3 tackle breaks, 18 tackles, 1 error

5. Rankin - 91 metres in attack, 1 linebreak, 4 tackle breaks, 2 tackles, 1 error

6. Moses - 18 metres in attack, 2 try assists, 2 linebreak assists, 18 tackles, 1 missed tackle, 1 error

7. Littlejohn - 37 metres in attack, 19 tackles

8. Woods - 213 metres in attack, 34 tackles, 1 error

9. Cherrington - 14 metres in attack, 24 tackles, 1 offload

10. Grant - 113 metres in attack, 21 tackles, 1 offload

11. Sironen - 1 try, 67 metres in attack, 1 linebreak, 3 tackle breaks, 41 tackles, 3 errors

12. Lawrence - 102 metres in attack, 1 try assist, 1 offload, 22 tackles

13. Sue - 120 metres in attack, 2 tackle breaks, 21 tackles, 2 errors

14. Lovett - 1 try, 48 metres in attack, 1 linebreak, 22 tackles

15. Aloiai - 74 metres in attack, 23 tackles

16. Seumanufagai - 56 metres in attack, 18 tackles

Woods metres are great. Sironen had a good game but he should be getting more metres.

I thought Tedesco was relatively quiet and he had great metres.

Sirro’s metres need improving, but hard to complain when he had 41 tackles, no misses and 3 tackle breaks.

70 minutes from Woodsy. I wouldn’t have thought that was possible a few years back.

Woods - what a machine. Moses 1 missed tackle is very encouraging too.

Good stats by Aloiai off the bench

I thought Aloiai did well, showed good presence in his minutes.

Nofo… is heart-attack material. He scored one and bombed one, let two in?

I don’t want to read too much into Aloiai’s first game, but it was a very confident debut. Looks like just what we need.

How about Kevvy out in the centres… 18 tackles and some bell ringers amongst them. Also our halves were asked to do a lot of defending and passed with flying colours completing 37/38.
7 men ran over 100 meters…Woodsy clocking 200 again.
Bench very busy and impactful.
Lots to like, great work during off season paying dividends.

@stryker:

How about Kevvy out in the centres… 18 tackles and some bell ringers amongst them.

He has been a great signing. Just killed them out there. He also set up some tries out there.

@stevetiger:

@stryker:

How about Kevvy out in the centres… 18 tackles and some bell ringers amongst them.

He has been a great signing. Just killed them out there. He also set up some tries out there.

Yeah I like his involvement, always seems to be part of the great attacking raids and tries, making good decisions.

I thought Lovett did alright too yesterday. I’m a bit critic and his stats weren’t great, but I didn’t see how many minutes he played - I thought his hitups were pretty good and obviously support play for the Lawrence offload. He surprised me in the Sharks trial and I remain so.

@jirskyr:

@stevetiger:

@stryker:

Yeah I like his involvement, always seems to be part of the great attacking raids and tries, making good decisions.

Yeah that pass straight to a Sharks player was a super decision hahaha.

Other than that though yeah he was solid as.

@jirskyr:

@stevetiger:

@stryker:

I thought Lovett did alright too yesterday. I’m a bit critic and his stats weren’t great, but I didn’t see how many minutes he played - I thought his hitups were pretty good and obviously support play for the Lawrence offload. He surprised me in the Sharks trial and I remain so.

27 minutes (according to nrl.com), so he did pretty well.

Lovett has put on some weight! Going to be a much handier player for us than I thought he would now he has some bulk. Last season he was a poor man’s Shaun Fensom

@MacDougall:

@jirskyr:

@stevetiger:

@stryker:

Yeah that pass straight to a Sharks player was a super decision hahaha.

Other than that though yeah he was solid as.

i had just joined the telecast about 40 seconds prior to the pass ( to Warriors player) ex Shark Robson
I went from cheering to reciting stuff in FRENCH

Geez the tigers speed my ageing.
A few forced passes picked up by opposition … Grrr . Tell them to leave the Offloads to Corey Parker

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.